Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Enough is Enough with the Nike hate!!!!

129 replies to this topic

#121 Sparty

Sparty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145785
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostShrapnac, on 09 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

View PostSparty, on 09 November 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Nike DONOT make the best running shoes!!!! Brainwashed by marketing at its finest.
ASICS make the best "running" shoe ask a group of runners. Better yet just look at their feet.

Gee, thanks for your opinion, just like everyone else's in this thread...

Ask a group of runners who are wearing Asics what they think the best running shoe is.

Now go ask a group of runners wearing Nike what they think.

Ok, now go ask a group wearing New Balance.

Oh wait, go ask the group wearing Mizuno.

Uh oh, go ask the guys with Adidas on their feet.

Now imagine me making a huge fart noise because that's what this thread has devolved into.

I see you have problem reading and understanding facts. I said ask any group of runners. Truth hurts huh.

Nice of you to try and misquote me.

ASICS are the best running shoes on the planet hands down.

Nike does NOT even hold a candle to them. Try again...lol

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#122 Shrapnac

Shrapnac

Cinderella Story

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199518
  • Handicap:Beer
GolfWRX Likes : 397

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostSparty, on 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Nike DONOT make the best running shoes!!!! Brainwashed by marketing at its finest.
ASICS make the best "running" shoe ask a group of runners. Better yet just look at their feet.

Ask a group of runners who are wearing Asics what they think the best running shoe is.

Now imagine me making a huge fart noise because that's what this thread has devolved into.

I see you have problem reading and understanding facts. I said ask any group of runners. Truth hurts huh.

Nope, still an opinion. I ran track and cross country in high school and I preferred Saucony to any other brand.

If Asics were hands down the best why would anyone else make running shoes?

An opinion is an opinion, that's why they're called opinion polls not fact polls. A larger sample size doesn't make something a fact.

There is no truth in an opinion, it's just an opinion.

If you want to try and CAPITALIZE things to make a point feel free. You're entitled to your opinion just don't misconstrue it as fact.

The idea that you're in an anti-Nike bashing thread bashing Nike is laughable in itself.

Oh and for the record, I run in Nike FreeRuns these days and they're the BEST running shoes I've ever worn. Just my opinion though...

#123 1puttwoods

1puttwoods

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101203
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostWillie Malay, on 14 November 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

View Post1puttwoods, on 13 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Why do people care so much about who hates what companies clubs.......I don't.
Because it's Tigers brand and it doesn't sell well. Of course it must be"hate" because he is black. THAT is the reason for their stupidness. It's that simple.
What????  Pulling out the race card over people not liking Nike golf equipment is absurd.

#124 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

i love the comparison to the running shoes but only for this reason... OEMs of golf clubs are like OEMs for running shoes.  No one can definitively say one is the best.  I'd be hard pressed to say one is even better than another.  Each person will have different taste.  Shoes will fit feet differently, feel different while running, and should give you similar, yet different results.  I prefer Nike Frees but only because I prefer barefoot shoes and they are the only real barefoot shoe which still has padding.  Golf clubs are much the same.  They fit each person's eye different.  They feel different to each player.  They react differently to each player's swing.  No one club is better than another for the masses.  There is, however, one club that is better for each player on a individual basis.
XHot 10.5 Diamana S+ 62x5ct X Stiff
Titleist 910F 19*
Titleist 712 AP2 TT S400
Titleist Vokey 200 Series 48*
Titleist Vokey SM 54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - CS

#125 Sparty

Sparty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145785
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostShrapnac, on 14 November 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

View PostSparty, on 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Nope, still an opinion. I ran track and cross country in high school and I preferred Saucony to any other brand.

If Asics were hands down the best why would anyone else make running shoes?

An opinion is an opinion, that's why they're called opinion polls not fact polls. A larger sample size doesn't make something a fact.

There is no truth in an opinion, it's just an opinion.

If you want to try and CAPITALIZE things to make a point feel free. You're entitled to your opinion just don't misconstrue it as fact.

The idea that you're in an anti-Nike bashing thread bashing Nike is laughable in itself.

Oh and for the record, I run in Nike FreeRuns these days and they're the BEST running shoes I've ever worn. Just my opinion though...

Well I owned a chain of sports stores for only 6 years and as owner/operator I did all the bookings. I know for a fact Asics do make the best running shoe. Its a genuine statement and you probably do know it because shockingly you do know/mentioned a good shoe company IE; Saucony. Which is another top notch running shoe company as is New Balance. However Im going to have to say again you are WRONG! (Yes in capital letters just for you lol) I'll admit Nike makes a fantastic (probably the best) Basketball shoe, superb SB/Casual kicks and of course makes a tonne of great gear. I hated just admitting that but I do not like company and how it evolved.

BTW...just did a quick Google search and low and behold the first page with a simple search "best running shoe brand" backed up my opinion and basic fact in the running world. Asics/ASICS are king! Yes of course if you keep searching you will find some guy who of course has HIS opinion, which he is entitled too but it doesnt mean its fact or majority. Unless you can back it up....like I just did. Asics is always Top 3 in any list. Nike is lucky to just be in top 10! Proof is everywhere. So yes you can have your opinion but I just pwned your a$$.  
http://bettervitamin...-running-shoes/
http://voices.yahoo....5653.html?cat=5

Need anymore proof contact http://www.roadrunnersports.com/ and ask them.

Nice chat it was fun. I gave you and your Nike hard on the little bit of love it deserves. Best dont ever think just because your opinion is yours its right. Ive learned it in life its obvious you have not. You'll figure it out..........................one day. :superman:

#126 Shrapnac

Shrapnac

Cinderella Story

• 1,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199518
  • Handicap:Beer
GolfWRX Likes : 397

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well how can I compete with those "facts?"

The first link you posted had 3 New Balance models and 2 Asics models in the top 10, oops. Guess NB has ya beat.

The second one listed a bunch of brands, with a sparse write up that pretty much said "these are good shoes" for each one.

I'm sure you know, what with your extensive knowledge running a sporting goods chain, that the best running shoes are the ones that are fitted best to your feet, irrespective of brand,, kinda like golf clubs...

Please don't try to misconstrue your, and admittedly a lot of people's opinion as fact. Asics make great running shoes, pretty good soccer cleats too(although I prefer Mizuno!), but that doesn't make them arbitrarily the best.

You can argue your point until you're blue in the face but it's not going to make it true, or even change anyone's mind. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but since you "pwned my a$$" I guess I'll slink away into the corner now and let everyone else make my decisions for me.

So, what's for lunch?

#127 MatthewNGolf

MatthewNGolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187260
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

I love all the brands. I honestly believe they all make great equipment. For me, I don't read reviews of products or what its made of. I don't care. I get on a trackman and I get whatever gives me the best numbers.

#128 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• 6,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 816

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostKYMAR, on 07 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 07 November 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

View Postkevcarter, on 07 November 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

View Postsustain, on 07 November 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I don't hate Nike, but I do "hate" when fanboys use the word hater.

I hate when haters use the term fanboy. :-)
I hate when haters, ho clubs, bag a new driver, game a new putter even if it's sick.

Or rock some new irons just cuz they are butter.

Ya but if they are fanboys they are keeping realz y'all
Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood & 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#129 MizzyMan

MizzyMan

Major Winner

• 1,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62891
GolfWRX Likes : 164

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

I can think their new ugly driver with a swoosh on top is hideous without hating them. Their irons usually look pretty good, never hit one, but their woods are pretty bad IMO. Not hating, just not liking.

#130 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

This is my favorite thread here on RunningWRX.

Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors