Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Eagle Point, Wilmington, NC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mac19

mac19

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167099
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Does anyone have any info on Eagle Point Golf Club or any recommendations on what to do while playing there!  (I am blessed to play there on Wed Nov 14, 2012)!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Johnny Biarritz

Johnny Biarritz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137765
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

You're a lucky dude getting to play there. Played it twice when I tried to qualify for the US Am.

Course info: The wind WILL be blowing, the greens will likely be rock hard and fast (when I played they were rolling 13.5 according to the CGA official on the first tee and were slightly softer than concrete), and the conditions will generally be close to perfect. Expect it to be difficult.

As far as what to do...not really sure. The club itself it on the outer edge of the city, so not much out there around it.

#3 mac19

mac19

Rookie

• 63 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostJohnny Biarritz, on 08 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

You're a lucky dude getting to play there. Played it twice when I tried to qualify for the US Am.

Course info: The wind WILL be blowing, the greens will likely be rock hard and fast (when I played they were rolling 13.5 according to the CGA official on the first tee and were slightly softer than concrete), and the conditions will generally be close to perfect. Expect it to be difficult.

As far as what to do...not really sure. The club itself it on the outer edge of the city, so not much out there around it.
thx i appreciate it

#4 ncblademan

ncblademan

Major Loser!!!!!!!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120235
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Post when you get back. I grew up down there and have heard great things about it. Porters Neck is also right across the road if I remember correctly. Also a good course. Well it was when I was playing junior golf.

#5 johnnylongball

johnnylongball

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29601
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Probably a dumb question...how difficult is it to get on Eagle Point?  Can my pro llikely get me on with a phone call or is it a lot harder than that?

#6 Chilidog

Chilidog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46727
  • Ebay ID:fisherj14
GolfWRX Likes : 233

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Pro can't get you on. My co-worker is one of the founding members so I get to play it pretty regularly. Pretty exclusive and private place as is Figure 8 island right outside of it. Not much to do around it, but go check out the Hooters down near UNC Wilmington. Pretty spectacular.

#7 Johnny Biarritz

Johnny Biarritz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137765
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postjohnnylongball, on 09 November 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Probably a dumb question...how difficult is it to get on Eagle Point?  Can my pro llikely get me on with a phone call or is it a lot harder than that?

Well, it depends on who your pro is. If you pro knows the staff at Eagle Point personally, then it might be possible. For a "cold call" you'd have virtually no chance.

#8 mac19

mac19

Rookie

• 63 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Eagle Point was awesome, a top 5 for sure!!!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors