Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Got my G15s back (update)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hacknhawkeye

hacknhawkeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180970
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I told everyone (at least those that pretended to care :taunt: ) about three weeks ago that I was unhappy with my G15 irons. I had been fitted on New Years Eve: yellow dot (1.5 degree upright), AWT stiff, standard length. After playing these all summer I knew something had to change. I was pulling everything, and when trying to play the pull by aiming right I was overcompensating and doing the ol' pull-hook.
  I went back to the store and was re-fitted a couple weeks ago and we decided to go with the red dot (.75 degrees flat). We actually considered purple but thought it might require too much bending.  I picked up the irons and went to the warehouse to try them out. I was hitting off a large piece of cardboard that was leaving a nice tan mark on the head where I was making contact.
  I don't know if I should have gone with purple dot or a little shorter shaft because the contact was still occurring SLIGHTLY towards the heel. I went through every iron and by choking down about 3/4 to 1" I was making contact dead center.  Then I got a bunch of practice wiffle balls out and Holy Crap. I started banging ball after ball off a big lamp hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the warehouse with my 9 iron!! Now I know what some of you talked about when you claimed these things were 'point and shoot.'
  I have no clue what went wrong with that first fitting but I absolutely love the way these things set up now. Though I am disappointed it took me this long to get them fixed, for only $20 Ping made everything right.
  Now I only have to wait 5 looooooooonng months to get out there and have some fun. Man, I hate living in Iowa and am jealous of those of you who get to live somewhere warm!  It's too bad the Hawkeyes stink so bad this year; that usually makes winter go by quicker.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 StuartRS

StuartRS

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65551
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

glad you got them sorted.  Recently picked up a set of G15s and one of the deciding factors was that I knew I could send them back to ping and have them adjusted with little fuss.

Quite a change in lie, but sounds like you have the lie just right.

hopefully the 5 months won't take too long to pass and you will be out there knocking flag sticks down in no time.
Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 S @44 1/4
Benross V5 18* Accra Dymatch RT
Ping i15 4-Pw AWT S
Titleist Vokey 52* DG S200
MD Beryllium 56* PX flighted 6.0
Seemore FGP Brass (black finish)

#3 hacknhawkeye

hacknhawkeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostStuartRS, on 08 November 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

glad you got them sorted.  Recently picked up a set of G15s and one of the deciding factors was that I knew I could send them back to ping and have them adjusted with little fuss.

Quite a change in lie, but sounds like you have the lie just right.

hopefully the 5 months won't take too long to pass and you will be out there knocking flag sticks down in no time.
  I got a chance to go out today and hit about fifty balls with my irons. It was really breezy, my least favorite condition for golfing, but was happy with the results. No matter how strong a grip I took I just didn't hit any hooks and the few pulls I hit were off  a hook lie.  If I can take the left side out of play after fifteen years of nasty hooks it will be awesome. Looking forward to a great summer in 2013!

#4 iH83Putting

iH83Putting

Whiskey Tango Fox!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94591
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

did you go back to the fitter that fit you for yellow  and ask them WTF??????
Driver: Ping I20 9.5*, VTS Silver 7x
FW: TaylorMade R11 15*, Tour AD QT
Driving Iron: TayorMade RBZ 3i
Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-Pw
Wedge: Vokey Forged 52*&56*,SM4 60
Putter: Odyssey WHP #9

#5 bwhitish

bwhitish

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3255
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

So glad they are working for you. I love my G15's. Just played today and hit a couple of toe shots with my 6 iron that had no business going straight but they did.

Ping 9.5 K15 with Serrano R
Ping K15 3 Wood Stock R
Ping G15 20 Stock R
Ping G15 4-UW AWT R
Ping Tour S 56 KBS Tour S
Ping Anser 2 Karsten 1959

#6 hacknhawkeye

hacknhawkeye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostiH83Putting, on 08 November 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

did you go back to the fitter that fit you for yellow  and ask them WTF??????
I went back to the place where I bought them to have things made right. The only thing I can think of is that I hadn't picked up a club in 4 months when I got fitted originally. It's hard to believe my swing would have gone haywire that quickly but you never know. If I played this game for a living I would be PO'd about a lost summer of income but since I'm just doing it for fun I'll consider it a lesson learned :golfer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors