Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PICS! NIKE Golf VR_S Covert Irons!

155 replies to this topic

#151 tbowles411

tbowles411

Ryder.Cup. Sophie Horn

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1924

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

deck, on 10 February 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

No big deal. Just have them ordered to your specs.
Seems reasonable.  :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#152 Invert99

Invert99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147783
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Markowelby, on 28 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

I'm a solid player (3 hdcp) and was demoing forged blades today from all the usual suspects, when the rep handed me one of these. I chuckled, but the said to hit it. The result was a towering soft draw that carried 185. Couldn't believe it was a 7i. That's 5i for me normally. I kept going and just couldn't mishit it. Every shot was a carbon copy. I could go hard at it and fly it 195 or put little "chip" swing on it and fly it 170, which is a nuked 7i for me normally. I understand the way they tweak shaft length and lofts to make them long, but it wasn't just long, it was friggin' pure. So pure that I'm going back next week when they have a full set in. Not sure if I can get over the looks or the fact that they are "game improvement" irons, but if the whole set feels as good, these might end up in my bag. And I can't believe I'm saying that.

Same thing here. These are supper easy to hit and just launch the ball a mile. Actually feel pretty good and aren't that bad looking at address. Definite possibility for a driving iron.

#153 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Hazeltine National #10

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52113
  • Handicap:6.9
  • Ebay ID:morrisad
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

These irons are ugly from every angle except the one that matters, and that's coming from a Nike fan. That said, they look fantastic from address, are super forgiving, very long, and feel excellent.  They might be the clubs to finally knock my original AP1s out of the bag, we'll see.  I hate hate hate the sole lasering, but they're so good to hit I might have to get over it.

Edited by Brick Tamland, 25 February 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Adams F11 9.5*, Matrix Ozik
Nike Covert Tour 14.5*, KK
Nike VR Pro 3-4 Hybrids, PX6.0
Nike Covert Forged 5-AW, DG Pro S300
Nike Forged Black, 54/60
Seemore FGP Mallet

#154 cmb71

cmb71

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 690 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28443
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Invert99, on 25 February 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Markowelby, on 28 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

I'm a solid player (3 hdcp) and was demoing forged blades today from all the usual suspects, when the rep handed me one of these. I chuckled, but the said to hit it. The result was a towering soft draw that carried 185. Couldn't believe it was a 7i. That's 5i for me normally. I kept going and just couldn't mishit it. Every shot was a carbon copy. I could go hard at it and fly it 195 or put little "chip" swing on it and fly it 170, which is a nuked 7i for me normally. I understand the way they tweak shaft length and lofts to make them long, but it wasn't just long, it was friggin' pure. So pure that I'm going back next week when they have a full set in. Not sure if I can get over the looks or the fact that they are "game improvement" irons, but if the whole set feels as good, these might end up in my bag. And I can't believe I'm saying that.

Same thing here. These are supper easy to hit and just launch the ball a mile. Actually feel pretty good and aren't that bad looking at address. Definite possibility for a driving iron.

Driving iron was my thought so I ordered a 3 iron only. It just arrived today, and it looks great from address... Can't wait to test it out, but I will definitely put a Rocket Tour Skinny Stick on it when it's not in use... It's fugly for sure!
SLDR 430 Tour Issue 12* Chrome 6F5T
TM SLDR S 3 Wood UST VTS Silver 9X
TM Tour Preferred MB 3-PW KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM5 54*S & 60*L
Titleist 712U 2 Iron KBS Tour
Odyssey MXM #1

#155 BILLYMALOOLY

BILLYMALOOLY

Waiting & Wishing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61639
  • Handicap:3.1
  • Ebay ID:checker225
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Longest irons out,

stage2  TP 9.5 STIFF STOCK
ROCKETBALLZ TOUR 3 STIFF STOCK
ROCKETBALLZ TOUR TP 3 HIGH-STIFF STOCK
R11 4-G KBS STIFF
white hot # 7
VR2 PRO 54-58 RAW

#156 sharkhark

sharkhark

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18121
  • Ebay ID:sharkhark
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

deck, on 10 February 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

No big deal. Just have them ordered to your specs.
i thought of doing that....but then with shorter shafts....more loft...etc....
i would just end up with any other irons set....same distance...no improvement.....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors