Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

LostGolfBalls.com - review with pictures

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TNReb

TNReb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206233
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

I know this site has been discussed here in the past.  I thought I would provide some feedback and some pictures.  I took notes on the balls when I received them and was going to post this after I played them a bit.   A quick summary of me... I play 18 every weekend and play 9 at least 3 days every week (sometimes 4-5 days).  I play often enough that I can go through balls pretty quickly (Pro V1s don't last a real long time).   I hit balls on the range at least 4 days a week.  My average score is in the 70's.  I've been playing for about 18 years.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know what to expect from a golf ball.  I keep up to date on all the latest balls and equipment .. and yes.. I may be a bit of a ho.  :)

I ordered 6 dozen various balls:

Pro V1x, 1st Quality
Pro V1, 2nd Quality
Pro V1x, 2nd Quality
Bridgestone B330S, 2nd Quality
Nike 20XI-X, 2nd Quality
Srixon Z-Star XV, 2nd Quality

I found a coupon code for 10% off (I can't find another yet) and also got free shipping.  My total was $85.45.  That is $1.18 per ball.

I wanted to try the site for two reasons:  1)  it gave me the opportunity to compare some different balls at a fair price.  2) I tend to lose more balls than normal this time of year with the leaves falling, etc etc.  I don't want to be losing balls that I paid $4 a piece for.

Overall, I am very pleased with the balls I received.  There was only 1 ball out of the bunch (a Nike) that I felt should not have been included.  It had two pretty rough scuff marks and I felt it shouldn't have met the 2nd Quality criteria.  There was also another ball with the #69 that I wish hadn't been included.  Oh well...

If you don't want logo balls, you will not want to buy from this site.  Here is a rundown of the # of balls that had logos and the # of balls that had personal markings (Sharpie marker, in any form).
  • Titleist Pro V1x, 1st Quality: 3 logos, 1 marker, 1 discolored slightly
  • Titleist Pro V1, 2nd Quality: 3 logos, 3 marker, 1 with both marker and logo.  Great condition - best ones I received.
  • Titleist Pro V1, 2nd Quality: 2 logos, 3 very light marker
  • NIke 20XI-X, 2nd Quality: 3 logos, 3 markers, 1 bad ball that shouldn't have been included.  Worst overall quality of any dozen I got
  • Srixon Z-Star XV, 2nd Quality:  0 logos, 5 markers (all very light).  Best overall quality of any 2nd quality dozen I got.
  • Bridgestone B330S, 2nd Quality: 0 logos, 5 markers (mostly very light)
I am extremely pleased with my purchase.  From a performance standpoint (distance, spin, ball flight) I cannot tell any difference in these balls and brand new balls.  As I mentioned, there is only 1 in the whole batch that I felt didn't belong.  I'm guessing LostGolfBalls would agree and it was probably an oversight.

The 1st Quality balls were excellent condition (as they should have been).  The 2nd Quality balls were great in everything except Nike.  For the most part, I can't really justify spending the extra money on the 1st Quality balls.  I just wanted balls I could get out and practice with and not cry if I lost a couple here and there.  

I will definitely buy from the site again, especially if I can find another 10% off coupon.  You have to spend around $75 or $80 to get free shipping.  At $1.18 per ball, I think it was a great purchase.  It will get me through the winter and beats paying $4+ for new balls.

If you want to see pictures, check them out here:
http://imgur.com/a/07tT9#oNcTc

I tried to picture the WORST part of each ball.  What you see is what you get.

The black # balls (Pro V1) are the 2nd Quality.  The red # (Pro V1x) are the 1st quality.

Edited by TNReb, 18 May 2013 - 08:42 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 dgn

dgn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81898
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Nice update on your purchase. I know "southgolf" works as a 10% off code. Not sure if that's one you've aready used.

#3 MCCA

MCCA

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2694
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the write up I've been thinking about using them for a while.

#4 TNReb

TNReb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

View Postdgn, on 06 November 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Nice update on your purchase. I know "southgolf" works as a 10% off code. Not sure if that's one you've aready used.

Yep, that's the one I used.  I politely emailed LostGolfBalls and they said I could use it again.  I realized I just have to do it from a computer with a different IP address.

#5 RW_Shankar

RW_Shankar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141333
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

I placed a somewhat similar order last fall.  I wanted to evaluate a bunch of premium balls for myself, so I ordered a dozen of the 3A versions of Penta, Z-Star, B330 and i(z).  I was very impressed with the quality of the 3As.  Out of 48 balls, all but maybe 2 were playable.  I would have rated most of them 4A, and they were cheap.  I think they averaged about $9/dozen.

#6 jd8102

jd8102

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 189946
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

I too have used this website for balls this year. I ordered 6 dozen z-star xv 2nd quality last August. It was my 2nd purchase with them. Unfortunately 11 of the balls were scuffed and not what I deemed 2nd quality. I sent an email to them and they promptly sent me a dozen almost brand new yellow xv's. So I will be using them more in the future.
Covert Tour 2.0 AD DI 6x
TEE CB Pro 14.5 BB 83
Adams LSP 20* & 23* Speeder TS 9.8
J38 CB 4-p C-taper
J40 52* & 58*
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2
WITB Link

#7 BigJae

BigJae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132824
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the pics! Those V1X look great. They're the 2nd quality according to your review right? 4stars on the lostballs website? I won't mind tearing the covers off ProV1x at less than $1.50 a ball.

#8 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I just went to their site and started to place an order for two dozen balls. The price was decent until I went to check out. The cheapest postage to Maryland for two dozen balls was $12. I cancelled the order.

#9 BigJae

BigJae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I went ahead and ordered 50 AAAA 2nd quality ProV1x. I figured everyone's feedback was really positive, and the pics op posted were very reassuring. I'm not sure if I just got very unlucky or what, but 36 out of 50 balls had damaged covers. I'm not talking light scuffs or ball marks. I'm well aware that most if not all the balls would have logos and player marks. These balls had small chunks of their covers torn off. I'm not really sure how to explain it. It wasn't fish gill or scaling. It's like the balls struck a tree or something like that. How's the customer service? Will they stand by their product or am I SOL?

#10 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

View Postcristphoto, on 08 November 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

I just went to their site and started to place an order for two dozen balls. The price was decent until I went to check out. The cheapest postage to Maryland for two dozen balls was $12. I cancelled the order.

Golf balls are heavy.  Whenever I order, I get over $75 worth.  Anything over $75 gets free shipping....at least it has for quite a while.

I ordered 7 dozen first quality XV's and a bag of tees.  I used "southgolf" for the discount code and by grand total was $77.  I received them today and I was only disappointed with one ball.  The rest were in excellent shape with a few logos here and there.  Logos don't both me so no issue with me.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 soregongolfer

soregongolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97841
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostBigJae, on 10 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

I went ahead and ordered 50 AAAA 2nd quality ProV1x. I figured everyone's feedback was really positive, and the pics op posted were very reassuring. I'm not sure if I just got very unlucky or what, but 36 out of 50 balls had damaged covers. I'm not talking light scuffs or ball marks. I'm well aware that most if not all the balls would have logos and player marks. These balls had small chunks of their covers torn off. I'm not really sure how to explain it. It wasn't fish gill or scaling. It's like the balls struck a tree or something like that. How's the customer service? Will they stand by their product or am I SOL?

Call them and tell them you're disappointed.  I've read on this site that they do stand behind their product.  Good luck.

#12 BigJae

BigJae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

View Postsoregongolfer, on 10 November 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Call them and tell them you're disappointed.  I've read on this site that they do stand behind their product.  Good luck.
Thanks. I'll contact them in the morning. I'll definitely report back on how they respond.

#13 TNReb

TNReb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostBigJae, on 10 November 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

Thanks. I'll contact them in the morning. I'll definitely report back on how they respond.

What happened?  Did you contact them?  Did they make it right?  I'm about to place another order myself, but wanted to see if you had any other feedback.

#14 BigJae

BigJae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostTNReb, on 26 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

View PostBigJae, on 10 November 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

What happened?  Did you contact them?  Did they make it right?  I'm about to place another order myself, but wanted to see if you had any other feedback.

Hey fellas just wanted to let you know their customer service is pretty great. I emailed the company, and they sent out the replacement balls. I received the balls today, and all I have to do is send back the balls I'm not satisfied with. They also paid the shipping costs both ways too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors