Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Swing is gone!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Golf Ball Wacker Guy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148809
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I recently had a small back injury that put me down for a few weeks. The next time I picked up club to hit, I couldn't find the sweet spot. Hosel rockets 6 feet off the ground and slicing. When I do hit it solid, it's high, short and right. All of my clubs are about 20 yds short of target.

I've never taken a lesson. I've pretty much taught myself, outside of my dad showing me basics at 10 yrs old, and someone giving a pointer here and there. I'll shoot high 70's to low 80's. mixing in an occasional low 70's and 90. I've had swing flaws before and have always been able to figure it out referring to a book I've had for 10+ years or losing interest in the game or something for months or years.

I feel like I've tried everything at this point. I played this weekend and shot mid 80's twice. But it was playing a bump and run game the entire round with half swings, playing a 5 iron from 150 out and running it up. I'm terrified of making a full swing having no clue where it will end up. It's with every club, woods, irons and wedge shots that require touch is iffy too.

My budget is super tight, so when I do get to get out I would rather spend my money being on the course and not lessons with someone who may or may not work. If I've not been able to figure it out, well I'll quit for a few months. However, I've really had the bug this year and hate the thought of giving it up.

Has anyone gone through this? How did you go about fixing it? Is it lesson time?

I'm in no pain now and have full range of motion. The only thing I have done in same time frame is go from a players iron, PING s56 back to a PING EYE 2+. Offset not suiting me maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Golf Ball Wacker Guy, 05 November 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors