Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I have no clue! Can someone help me?

push carts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dbrew23

dbrew23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115980
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm turning myself into a push cart golfer but i have dont have a clue about them. basically im just looking for some info from other "push-carters".

Things such as:
which brands should i be looking at?
which specs. should i be looking for?
are there any features that are a must?
or feartures that are not necessary
    do i need a cart bag? or will my stand bag fit correclty?
ANY INFO WILL BE A HUGE HELP!  

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Edited by dbrew23, 05 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 rvgolfer

rvgolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146939
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I would suggest you choose a 3 wheel cart, easy to push, doesnt tip over easily and easier to store just due to one less wheel than a 4 wheel cart.

I would look for a score card holder, drink holder and not much else. My Clic Gear has a flip open storage are in the handle and a net that will hold a drink if its capped, but my bag also has a bottle pocket and I rarely use the flip open storage.

You may want one that folds up completely just due to your cargo space in your car, but if space is an issue.

My wife and I have one each, one is an old Bag boy, and the other is a Clic gear 3.0, and honestly, I paid $5 for the used Bag Boy, and $85 for the used Clic Gear, and I find that either is suitable and both are easy to push.  The Clic Gear does look a bit more classy, but other than that, there really isnt much difference.

Both carts are useable with either a large cart bag, or a stand bag.  You might have to adjust the holding straps slightly, but overall its not much bother.

Edited by rvgolfer, 05 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#3 mljones99

mljones99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 978
  • Handicap:13.7
  • Ebay ID:hrcjones
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

I have a Clic Gear (I think it is the 2.0) and it serves my needs very well.

#4 spoonhead

spoonhead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57509
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I would go with a four wheel cart, I find its more stable than my old Sun mountain 3 wheel cart. The Clic Gear seems to be the only 3 wheeler out there that gets the highest ratings.  
If you want a seat make sure that you check out the cost and how sturdy it is.  For 4 wheelers, the Sun mountain or the Bagboy seem to be the best, with a small edge to the Bagboy.
Foam tires are the way to go, remembering to pump up the tires in the inflatable ones is a real pain.

http://www.gppgolf.c...-quad-push-cart
http://www.golfdisco...icro-cart?v=Red

#5 Bad9

Bad9

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

I have the original model Bagboy Express 3 wheel push cart, it must be 8-10yrs old as it was the second model push cart that they put out. I have never had a problem with it. It is smooth, stable and generally just a better way for me to play rather than carrying or pull cart. It has inflatable tires which may or may not need to be topped up once a year so no big deal. It folds by pressing one button and all wheels are removable so it stores small. It doesn't have the hand brake (it has a foot operated one) but I rarely ned to use the brake anyway. I have used the Sun Mountain 4 wheeler and it is solid and smooth but much more of a chore to fold and unfold. I have not seen it but the Bagboy 4 wheel one but it looks to be much more convinient to fold and unfold than the SM. Ogio also has a 4 wheeler out as well.

Ping G25 12/Phenom 50 r flex
Founders Forged Ti 4w//Xcaliber FW
KE4 3h&5h/Xcaliber HY regular flex
i15 5-U/Xcaliber regular flex
Gorge 54&58/Xcaliber regular flex
Mizuno Bettinardi C06

#6 endy

endy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166935
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

The Clic Gear 2.0 is hard to beat.

#7 myspinonit

myspinonit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 162493
GolfWRX Likes : 231

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

View Postdbrew23, on 05 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

I'm turning myself into a push cart golfer but i have dont have a clue about them. basically im just looking for some info from other "push-carters".

Things such as:
which brands should i be looking at?
which specs. should i be looking for?
are there any features that are a must?
or feartures that are not necessary
do i need a cart bag? or will my stand bag fit correclty?
ANY INFO WILL BE A HUGE HELP!  

THANKS IN ADVANCE

i like the Clicgear 3.0. The 4 wheel carts (like Sun Mountain) are lighter, both for pushing and loading, close to being as compact (though a bit longer). Don't think they are as sturdy though.
The two 4 wheel models I tried had rubber handles with lines that I found a bit uncomfortable on my hands (though it may just be me as I have  bit of arthritis). The Clicgear has foam handles- no problem for me.

Suggest you take your current bag with clubs to your local store and see how it fits on floor models, as some folks have concerns how some bags sit on the various carts especially if you have  a stand bag with the mechanism..

Edited by myspinonit, 07 November 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Ping G25 10.5* Stock TFC 189D
Ping G25 16.5* Stock TFC 189F
G20 20* 23* 27* Harrison Impulse TR90
Miura Reg PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
Vokey 51/07 55/10 60/07 Steelifiber i80
Versa #7 CS

#8 jcormas

jcormas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210619
  • Ebay ID:jcormas
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

The Cadillac of pushcarts is the Clicgear 3.0.  Just pick the color you like & you will not have any complaints about the cart.  Stores great/compact, opens/closes super neat & easy, light and very sturdy. rolls great & very stable even with my staff bag on it.  This is a no brainer actually.....excellent product.

#9 SMOKE614

SMOKE614

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205273
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

craigslist! i picked up my sun mountain v2 for $75 and it's the whole reason i walk instead of ride any more

#10 don golferinpa

don golferinpa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71660
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I have a bag boy quad(4 wheeler), that collapses within 5 seconds in 2 steps. Easy to mount cart bag, with only a velcro strap at the top. It's much more stable than a bag boy express that I used until January, 2012, and rolls straigher.  I like the storage poach below the handle, use it for glove or food snacks. Removed the water bottle carrier-why have a bottle exposed to the sun.

Edited by don golferinpa, 13 December 2012 - 06:27 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 topr

topr

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124780
GolfWRX Likes : 428

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

The Caddytek is a poor man's Clicgear. Pretty much the same feature set except you set the parking break with your foot. New for under 100 bucks if you look around. Costco runs them on sale for 99.00 a few times a year. Going on my 4th season with mine without a single problem.

#12 JDorfler

JDorfler

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31783
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Clicgear is the Cadilac of push carts.  I love mine.  However for the best benefits use a cartbag with it.

#13 blink3665

blink3665

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Ebay ID:blink3665blink
GolfWRX Likes : 443

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

I use a Bag Boy Quad with a C130 bag.  It's not idea because the clubs all rest on each other, but it gets the job done.  The whole setup isn't exactly light.  I liked using it this past summer when it was easy to push and I could carry a bunch of water (or beer depending on the round:)).  The Quad folds up really quickly and fits in a fairly small area.  You don't need a cart bag to use it either.
Ping Anser 12* Kusala White
V Steel 5w, RIP alpha 80
Adams Boxer 23*/ Nike VR Pro 21* Px
714 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour R+ 1*up
Cally Jaws MD 50/54/58
Slighter Proto #9HT long neck

#14 schneidm10

schneidm10

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178828
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

+1 for the clic gear. Like the look and it works great. I use an Ogio stand bag with it and it works fine for me. I wanted to make it easier to walk by getting the push cart but still wanted a stand bag for just going to the range or playing a quick 9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors