Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best courses on Sunshine Coast (Aussie)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco01

Bronco01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143985
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

I'm heading to the Sunshine Coast (from NZ) in January for my 40th.  Have a couple of mates joining us for a few days and we want/need to have a hit.

Palmer Coolum is on the list (staying there for a couple of days) so that's one course taken care of.  

Looking for another couple of courses to add to the experience.  Our handicaps are 4, 8 & the third bloke would be lucky to break 100.  Any suggestions?  Have seen a couple on the web (Pacific Harbour & Noosa Springs) but kind of hard to tell as most reviews seem to be the unhappy golfers who need to vent.

Appreciate any advice on a couple of decent courses to keep the boys happy.

Titleist 910 D3 (9.5/A1) Proforce V2
Titleist 910 Fd (15/D4) Project X 8C4
Adams XTD-Ti (20)
Mizuno MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-pw)
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Select
Mizuno MP-T4 (50&54)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 teeituphigh

teeituphigh

PGA Pro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30165
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Tewantin Noosa, Noosa Springs, Pelican Waters, Twin Waters... Played them all and each was different and a challenge in its own right.
Take plenty of balls for Coolumn. I havent played since the revamp but when we were there a sign said 'on average a golfer will lose 6 balls per round' We scoffed at the sign and then promptly went back to the pro shop after 9 to restock. Hung over golf = lost balls everywhere!

#3 Bronco01

Bronco01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143985
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Postteeituphigh, on 10 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Tewantin Noosa, Noosa Springs, Pelican Waters, Twin Waters... Played them all and each was different and a challenge in its own right.
Take plenty of balls for Coolumn. I havent played since the revamp but when we were there a sign said 'on average a golfer will lose 6 balls per round' We scoffed at the sign and then promptly went back to the pro shop after 9 to restock. Hung over golf = lost balls everywhere!
Thanks for the advice.  With the company I'll be keeping hungover golf is a definite.
Titleist 910 D3 (9.5/A1) Proforce V2
Titleist 910 Fd (15/D4) Project X 8C4
Adams XTD-Ti (20)
Mizuno MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-pw)
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Select
Mizuno MP-T4 (50&54)

#4 DrivesFourShow

DrivesFourShow

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 220111
  • Ebay ID:drivesfourshow
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostBronco01, on 14 November 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

View Postteeituphigh, on 10 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Thanks for the advice.  With the company I'll be keeping hungover golf is a definite.

Not sure if this is too late or not but you can't go wrong playing at Coolum, Pelican Waters and Noosa Springs.

Edited by DrivesFourShow, 09 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors