Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Caiman X2 Irons?

caiman irons custom

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aaronalter

aaronalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205539
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hey all,
A friend of mine has a set of Caiman X2 Pro irons. They're a blade type deal. I checked out the company's website, and the prices were damn low. They also had a pretty good suite of custom options. Anybody have anymore information on these? They seem legit, but I figured someone here might know.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TripleGrindSole

TripleGrindSole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151201
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Would like to know this as well..Are they something more than just X Proto rip offs?

#3 aaronalter

aaronalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205539

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

That's what I thought at first. I hit them though, and they felt pretty solid.

#4 displayname

displayname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68127
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

They are made by Hireko and they are cast.  Some people love component parts, some people hate them.  They are a cheaper experiment, but you will have basically zero resale value if that is important.  Many people on this site speak highly of Hireko.  I personally have not hit these irons though, so I can not speak to them. Hopefully someone else will.

#5 polartilley

polartilley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215441
  • Ebay ID:polartilley

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

just played with my new set caiman x2 they are a quality club pure feel fantastic price allthough i had to pay £40 customs best looking club iv seen will update to see how they last

#6 Super Tuna

Super Tuna

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126606
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostTripleGrindSole, on 04 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Would like to know this as well..Are they something more than just X Proto rip offs?

Exactly that but cast instead of forged. I know someone who uses them and has been quite happy. The only difference between the X Proto's and these he said was that the Caiman's felt harder.

OP: If your interested, I'd go with a single iron to start with just to confirm you like them. Better to be out the couple extra dollars for shipping the rest if you do like it, then ordering a whole set and being stuck with them if you don't like them.

Also tagged with caiman, irons, custom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors