Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway RAZR X Muscleback vs Titleist 712 MB Forged

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 huwwill22

huwwill22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50831
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm just about to order a new set of irons, and have always played callaway irons. I am looking to order a set of the Razr X muscleback, however unfortunately they are not available here in Europe so will have to be ordered directly from the US, which means i will not be able to hit them before placing my order. Something I am very very reluctant to do.

I have however been able to hit the Titleist 712 MB on the range at my club and loved the feel and look of the club and am now very tempted to order these instead as I can't hit the callaways.

My questions is to anyone who has had the chance to hit both and compare the two, and if they could please provide some similarities and differences between the two clubheads? Callaway irons are what I have played since starting out so feel quite confident I will get on with their musclebacks, but am not sure I want to take that risk without hitting them first!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 rjklein4470

rjklein4470

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75022
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I have not hit the Titleist 712 MB, but I have been playing the Callaway Razor/proto's on and off for the last five years.  Honestly it is really hard to find a better set of irons than the callaway muscleback's.  I have trield hard to find something to kick them out of the bag, played Epon AF tour's, 302's Miura 201's and 202's, Royal Collection, but I always come back to the proto's.  The only irons that I have found that compare are the J40's, and I do play those in the begining of the season, and then move into the proto's.  

What I love about the Callaway MB is the bounce and that they are flghted set of irons.  Just a great set.  Now I will say the new Callaway X forged look outstanding.

In short I would go with Callaway, they are endo forged and just very well designed.

#3 ZPrime

ZPrime

Ultimate Game

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208701
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Over the last 3 years, I have bagged MP60, MP62, MP53, callaway Razr tour, 712 AP2, and now the 712 Titleist MB's.  I am not a titleist loyalist but the MB's are amazing. They look perfect. 4-PW w KBS tour. Amazing feel and enough forgiveness. I havent hit Cally MB but you should give the MB's a try.
Mizuno JPX850 motore speeder VC6.3 stiff
Ping Rapture 3w+
913H 17, 21
Ping S55 CFS XStiff 5-W
SM5 50, 54, 58
SC X5R on order

#4 endy

endy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166935
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I would LOVE to hear some more reviews as I am considering both of these iron sets for my next purchase. I am leaning towards the Cally MB's from what I have read so far.

#5 BenSeattle

BenSeattle

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 610
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm writing this in December, about a month after your original post so it's likely that by the time you read this you will have already made a decision.   But here's my small take anyway.

I've been eyeing the Titleist CB irons; forged with a satin finish.  The cavity-back offers perhaps a shade more forgiveness than the MB but side by side, these two irons look the same: basically beautiful at address.  Both feel pure in the hitting cage.  But just today, (at Puetz Golf in Bellevue, WA) one aisle over, I spotted the Callaway Forged Musclebacks and, even though I've examined them before, I just had to take each club and set it at address.   I then compared them side by side at address with the Titleists and from a pure "aesthetics" point of view, my heart now lies with the Callaway.  The Callaways are just a shade cleaner, just a hair more balance.  With both clubs sitting at address, I noticed that the toe of the Titleist was a bit more pronounced and that the "notch" where the clubface blends into the hosel just a little more noticeable.  Yes, the Titlests are very, very, very nice but if I was making a purchase today, I'd run with the Callaway Forged Musclebacks.  Freaking gorgeous.  Perfect, even.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors