Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Footjoy contour casuals

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wyattdog

wyattdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121949
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Literally threw them in garbage can after wearing them for 4 months. Felt great for first month but then shoe broke down and became sloppy and unsupportive. Became so loose and sloppy had to pull laces as tight as shoe would allow.
Bought my true shoe size when purchased.  Love the concept, but I'm sticking with a more supportive golf shoes.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 pga43

pga43

GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer

• ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 6,499 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123025
GolfWRX Likes : 1364

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

View Postwyattdog, on 04 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Literally threw them in garbage can after wearing them for 4 months. Felt great for first month but then shoe broke down and became sloppy and unsupportive. Became so loose and sloppy had to pull laces as tight as shoe would allow.
Bought my true shoe size when purchased.  Love the concept, but I'm sticking with a more supportive golf shoes.

Surprised to hear that cuz all I wear out on Tour when covering Tour events for GolfWRX.com are the Contour Casuals.  Love them.  I put about 500 miles on the 1st pair (literally wore them for over 100 rounds).  I now have three pair that I alternate.

Greg
GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

#3 goliath23

goliath23

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114908
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I have 2 pairs. It's sad that they are the only golf shoe that fits my extremely wide fit.

The shoes are not good. I bought both pairs this year so maybe 35 rounds max on each pair.

The studs are extremely worn. The shoes are not waterproof or resistant at all. Even with slight morning dew my feet get wet.

The grip is not very good even in dry conditions but if it's even slightly wet it's guaranteed that I will slip multiple times per round.

If I can find another shoe that fits my extremely wide feet then I would buy it instead of this.

#4 Truman

Truman

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119361
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think these may be the most comfortable shoes I've worn.  I have worn mine more than 50 rounds walking, and they are as good as the first.

#5 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1387

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

The nubs definitely wear down disappointingly quickly. Visible wear after 30 rounds, a few nubs almost gone after 60. And no shoe with that comfy slip last fit is going to offer the lateral and torsional stability of a heaver, stiffer shoe that fits more snugly around more of your foot.

But I have one pair at 70-80 rounds and another approaching 50 and neither of them let my feet get wet. As for grip, that's something I can't comment upon. Unless I'm walking on a wet sideslope or something, I can play golf fine in street shoes. My feet stay pretty much in one place when I swing.

I love my Contour Casuals but recently I picked up a pair of FJ Sport from the pro shop on a day I arrived at the course having forgotten to bring my golf shoes. The FJ Sport is, for me, about 90% as comfortable as the Contour Casual and after years of wearing conventional golf shoes I'm just used to being a bit up off the ground and rock solid laterally rather than with my heels down flatfooted and with a loose fitting shoe. The shoe might not move on the ground but at times my foot wiggles inside the Contour Casual.

#6 Sushiyoshi

Sushiyoshi

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92737
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Tried these on at GS over the weekend.  I liked the the Cardiffs much better and will grab a pair soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors