Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What is I-Mix driver head for Callaway

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 grat702

grat702

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201339
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I bought a Callaway diable octane from Golf Galaxy last year (and I love it and can actually hit it straight).  My friend wants to buy one used now and was looking online and every used one on 3Balls and Global Golf calls it an 'I-Mix' Diable Octane....is this what I have and what does I-MIX mean?

Thanks in advance

TM Jetspeed 10.5*
Ping G20 3wood
G20 4-UW
Cleveland RTX cb 56* wedge
Ping hohum putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 KaTooM

KaTooM

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Imix means that the shafts have a tip on the end with threads and imix heads have threads in them that receive the threads on the shaft tip. Makes interchanging shafts and heads a snap. To do it right though you need an imix wrench which fits the tip perfectly and provides the right amount of torque to the fasteners.

Now that we're a few years out from callaway abandoning the imix concept, imix heads and shafts can be found rather cheap so it's a relatively inexpensive way to try different heads and shafts.

I don't have anymore imix stuff but it was fun tinkering with all the head and shafts options...easy too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors