Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Callaway Optifit weight kit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JB lefty

JB lefty

JB

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119043
  • Ebay ID:cashdupjb
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Have you guys that have this weight kit found any real big changes in flight and feel with the kit? I am looking at getting a kit to play around with at the range and see if I can get any real ball flight changes or improvements. If you have the kit or have used the kit please chime in with what weights you used and how it effected your flight. It will be interesting to see how difference these make and if there was some real results with the changing the weights lower of higher.  Please have some input and advice how your additional weights have made a change whether positive or negative it doesn't matter.

Optiforce 440 Matrix Black 7M3 X flex
X2Hot 5 wood with stock shaft (cannon)
Apex Pro 4-AW KBS Tour V X flex SS1
Callaway Jaws Wedges 56,60
One spot available any ideas?
Odyssey DF550 blade putter/ Pro v 1 ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Ri_Redneck

Ri_Redneck

Leather for Life!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31808
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

IMHO, this is simply for fine SW adjustments. Not enough weight change to influence flight.

BT
Cobra ACP w/ Matrix 6Q3 R,
R11 T3/12.5* w/ GD YS+ 8.1 S
AC 3-4/15* w/ 7Q3 S, 5-7/18* w/ 8Q3 S
Titleist 695CB 4-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 R
PT#2 Natural Touch Afzelia Burl
Vokey SM4 52-8 & 58-8 w/ TT Wedge

#3 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

I have a kit and a Razr Fit.  I have not noticed any difference in flight.  I just use it to get the SW right.

#4 JB lefty

JB lefty

JB

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119043
  • Ebay ID:cashdupjb
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Did you guys use heavier weights or less weight? What combination did you end up on? Can you measure the swing weight at home?
Optiforce 440 Matrix Black 7M3 X flex
X2Hot 5 wood with stock shaft (cannon)
Apex Pro 4-AW KBS Tour V X flex SS1
Callaway Jaws Wedges 56,60
One spot available any ideas?
Odyssey DF550 blade putter/ Pro v 1 ball

#5 ws6

ws6

Pacific Dunes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

I went lighter to get a D4 swingweight.  I do have a swingweight scale at home, along with a bunch of other handy tools.

I also went a little shorter with a new shaft so I am using an 8g and a 2g weight.

Edited by ws6, 04 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#6 enterthedraven

enterthedraven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 241933
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum... I'm a 5 handicapp with SS of 115.  I use the Razr Fit Driver with a V2 Proforce X flex 77g shaft.  Love the club, and the shaft with the super low torque (2.1).  Only issue is that I am thinking about changing the optifit weights as I have trouble turning the club over right now.  I tend to fade this set up from the 'neutral' setting, and I really don't want to close the face.  I tried swithing the 12g and 2g weights but it lead to a bit of a pull.  I thought about getting the weight kit and going with more of a 8g and 6g weight, instead of the 12 and 2g?  Any thoughts on what a truly neutral setting would be?  Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors