Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Clubfitting in South Suburbs of Chicago

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 csiniawski

csiniawski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209149
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hi everyone. I wanted to find out if anyone from the southside can recommend a quality clubfitter. I live in Alsip.

A little background about me... I picked the game up again this year. I played a bit when I was younger, and played casually again in 2009, but this year I got "hooked" again. I'm so hooked that tomorrow I will be finishing up construction of an optishot golf sim in my garage for the winter months (projector, mats, fridge, TV, internet, heat.. maybe I should put a bed and an alarm clock in there too since I'll be out there in all of my free time, haha).

Anyways, I'm at the point now where I know that this is going to be my biggest "hobby" other than playing guitar for the rest of my life. As many of you probably do, I eat, drink, and sleep golf. I practice my swing in the elevator when nobody else is in there, I watch golf channel all day, and I'm always reading more and more about it.

I shoot in the low 80s and I know I can be much better than that once I get my short game locked in. My inconsistencies there are costing me big time and I'm hoping that being able to practice all winter with real feedback will help me there.

I'm also saving up for a week long trip to somewhere warm in the spring to one of those golf schools where I can get 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 training for a week. I think this combined with swing analysis and feedback from my golf sim will put me in really good shape for the 2013 season.

My bag consists of the following:

Driver: Callaway FT-5 neutral with proforce v2 shaft -stiff
3 Wood - Titleist 909f - I put an old driver shaft in this with stiff flex (I bought it from a friend with regular) - I hit this thing 250 with whatever the shaft is so whatever I put in there seems to be the right one
1 Hybrid - Nickent 3DX (this is a true "utility" club)
3 Hybrid - 910H with diamana - Stiff
3-9 - Nickent Genex Arc Blades with Project X 6.0 - These are the best Irons I have ever hit!
48, 56, 60 - Vokey SM4
Putter - Odyessy #9

With all of that said, I can now ask my question. Can someone recommend somewhere for me to go to get properly fit? Golf Galaxy has a full fitting session for $150 bucks. This is what I'm looking for, but I'm a little wary of going to a big shop like that as I feel like I would not get the attention I may get somewhere else. I'm not really worried about the price, I want to make sure someone takes their time with me and gets me the right information I need so that as I continue to update my equipment I am purchasing the right thing. It may turn out that the pros at GG are great at what they do and I will have no problem going there, but I also cannot find much other information on Google.

I'm hoping some other WRX members can point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance for your time!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 pitasully

pitasully

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208211
  • Ebay ID:pitasully
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Have you looked at Club Champion?  They are located in Willowbrook and the near north side of Chicago.  A bit pricey ($350 for the entire bag), but it looks like they might be what you are looking for.  If you are planning on getting TaylorMade clubs, I recently got an email that their Performance Lab at Olympia Fields is offering half off a full fitting (down to $200 for the bag).  I plan on going one of these places, but I want to hit the new TM irons before committing to TMPL.

Good luck!

Edited by pitasully, 04 November 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#3 noraagolfs

noraagolfs

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5309
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Palos Golf on Southwest Highway, Champion Golf fit my driver. They are good but pricey. Golf Galaxy would be just fine, my father just did the $50 fitting and it helped him a lot. Just figure out what flex shafts you need will make a big difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors