Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Can lofts on Wedges be restamped?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daco81se

daco81se

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52866
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

I was pretty sure this couldn't be done, or atleast alot more hassle than its worth, but I googled it and there was an article about some Mizuno Wedges being redone and even the new lofts stamped on them. Anybody know who/what type of business would do this???

I've got 1 TM Rac 56 and looks like due to the bounce I want ect., I'm going to get another, same Wedge, 56, (hard to find the 54 new (have to have new), and the 58 only has 8* bounce), be bent  to a 55 and 58. Not concerned they won't say the right lofts on them but sure is going to confusing having both stamped with 56 as to which is which.

Or of not, even a better idea than I can think of to distinguish the 2.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.1
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 688

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

You have to fill in the old stamp , mosty likely by welding in new material then it could be refinned and stamped how ever you like.

Quite a hassle.

I would just add a secondary stamp , like and asterisk or something to one of them to help distinquish.
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#3 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 1948

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

You could stamp something else on one or both of them to help distinguish.

#4 daco81se

daco81se

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52866
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Good idea's, could do a LW on one, SW on the other, or an L, and a S, thx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors