don't bother using the "make an offer" option with jdserres on ebayl
Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:57 AM
He shouldn't even have 'Make an Offer' available if he has no intentions of accepting them. So when he complains about answering empty emails over people making offers, it is his own d*** fault.
Edited by Snufles, 04 November 2012 - 10:58 AM.
Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:01 AM
I knew the answer before I asked the question.
So, it's not okay for the seller to turn down your offer $10 below his BIN, and yet it's perfectly fine for you to draw a line in the sand at that point?
What is it again that you're upset with?
and you want to know what happens if he changes his mind and tells me he'll take my original offer, it goes down another $10
Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:44 AM
Somehow I don't think you'll have to worry about that, but if he does, then that's certainly your prerogative.
For what it's worth, in my experience, the seller you've called out in this thread has some of the most competitive (lowest) prices I see on whatever he's selling.
Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:12 PM
I don't think you can offer MORE than the buy it now price, can you? It doesn't really make sense for that to be an option since the item is obviously still available if you have the ability to make an offer on it. Only place I could see offering more is somewhere like the BST here where the item is already "sold" and you are trying to get the seller to give it to you instead of the person it's already "sold" to.
And I agree it's dumb to list "or best offer" if you aren't even going to accept 98% of your asking price.
Edited by Pudgelewis, 04 November 2012 - 01:13 PM.
Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:04 AM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 PM
There is no hate for the OP. He's the one that started this thread...presumably to complain about the seller, and to hear what others thought.
The bottom line is the seller can do whatever the heck he wants. It's his product for Pete's sake. It's a contract. The OP made an offer, and the seller refused. Why the hate for the seller?
Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:46 PM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:57 PM
I had a guy bidding on a driver recently that I was praying would not win it. It was a regular auction. He kept sending me messages trying to buy the driver at a low price. I kept telling him to just bid and he kept responding with offers. He finally was the first bidder and stayed that way a while...thank goodness it went for a fair price to another bidder. I might have to try the offer auction next time.
Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:37 PM
No one meant bad things here, it just grew, and people misunderstood other people who cared about things too.
And it's grown way beyond the original topic post....
Moderators, can we call this over please?
Edited by myspinonit, 05 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.
Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:45 AM
Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:42 AM
And that is what the REPORT! button is for in the lower right corner of each post. Early reports allow us to keep the forums positive and ensure our Forum Rules are being followed.
Here's a refresher:
The GolfWRX Network has grown tremendously over the last few of years --- we thank all of you for being a part of this burgeoning community.
To be the best, we strive to provide the following…
- An unbiased community for golf enthusiasts where they can discuss an array of issues with without fear of reprisal.
- Provide the best and most relevant golf related content on the web.
- The most open, honest, friendly, and most respected golf site on the web.
Posting here is a privilege, not a right.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like.
- No threads or posts bashing other forums or their members.
- E-Bay links for active or inactive auctions are allowed, but not to advertise your own auctions. Please see the rules in the Classifieds Forum.
- Other Golf related message board links are allowed if they reciprocate. Members may post their names without fear of being banned here.
- No removal of our content to be used on other sites (unless watermarked) without prior consent from management. Watermarked GolfWRX pictures can be redistributed.
- No foul language. Keep it clean.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. No impersonating another member. Multiple identities and false e-mail addresses are not allowed.
- No spamming or unauthorized commercial postings in the "Forums" or listing in the "Classifieds" without prior approval from management. Classifieds are free and for personal use.
- Nude pictures are not allowed. Photo gallery is for family, friends, and golf related photos. No objectionable material.
- No religion or political discussions.
- Please respect sponsors. They provide critical financial support which allows the site to remain viable.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated. Mutual respect is a key component to preservation of the site's goals.
- No "running the site". Have balance and don't over-post in one day. High maintenance users can be asked to slow and or not post. Don't deluge the forums and overwhelm threads.
- Note that while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or damaged in any way.
- We reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the rules.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- Limited graphics size. Small signature graphics, like golfsig.com (max 700x140), are acceptable in format. Large linked pictures are not due to bandwidth limitations. Signatures must remain small.
- Do not include inappropriate links in your signature. We are running a PG-13 atmosphere
- No For Sale, Want to Buy, or Want to Trade listing in signatures. Please use and follow the rules of the Buy, Sell, Trade Section.
- PG-13 avatars please. Nothing offensive to women or inappropriate for children.