Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

11 replies to this topic

#1 rony

rony

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14128
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Can you please tell me what causes any topic to be locked?  I've been a member for a while and perhaps I'm having a "Senior Moment", because I really don't know what causes a topic to be locked.  If I understand and know the reason, I won't be guilty of posting the wrong type of topic.  Thanks.

Everything in Moderation
Keep it Simple
Less is Best
13 G10 Pings With a Redwood Zing

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 1948

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

All sorts of stuff. Rules violations, fighting, starting something we already have 57 threads about (ie rory threads), night putting with the deans daughter.

#3 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 1614

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Any thread about Tiger Woods, John Daly, or Rickie Fowler.

Any thread disparaging "particular" companies.

Any thread involving NY'ers.

Any thread involving KellyGreen AND Pepperturbo. (I kid, guys!)

Most threads where an OP starts a "Burned on the BST, because I haven't gotten an email within 5 minutes of my purchase submission."

(^Likewise, any threads where aerial photos of people's houses go up, along with their last year's taxes and license plate numbers).

Most practical joke stories told late at night, with Jack Daniels riding shotgun to offset the effects of too many anti-depressants.
Mizuno Mp 600 9.5/Diamana Blueboard 63x
Mizuno Mp 650 15/Diamana Blueboard 83x
Mizuno Mp Fli-Hi 18/DG x100
Mizuno Mp 59 3-pw/DG x100
Mizuno Mp-T4 52, 58/DG x100
Odyssey White Ice #7

#4 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20611

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Not to state the obvious but all WTB threads are automatically locked.

(Don't press my buttons, either, by making any negative references to the Newman University men's or women's basketball teams. Go Jets!)

#5 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

View Postprofsmitty, on 03 November 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

(Don't press my buttons, either, by making any negative references to the Newman University men's or women's basketball teams. Go Jets!)

GO OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE STATE!

#6 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 03 November 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Oh my goodness! Thrill, my brother. My Heartland Conference brother! Imagine the build-up to Jan.17!

#7 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postprofsmitty, on 03 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Oh my goodness! Thrill, my brother. My Heartland Conference brother! Imagine the build-up to Jan.17!

It took some research to come up with that one!

#8 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 03 November 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

View Postprofsmitty, on 03 November 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

It took some research to come up with that one!
The Aggie's are a fine bunch of young men and women. They have had some tough times in basketball in recent years but they play with a lot of spirit. We never take them lightly.

The trip to Goodwell is not one of my favorite road trips, I'll confess. Go Jets!

#9 rony

rony

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Well thank you everyone who replied.  That was as clear as mud.  It reminded me of when I was in Viet Nam many years ago, and I asked my unit CO when my combat tour was up.  The answer I got was;  "Whenever". :crazy:
Everything in Moderation
Keep it Simple
Less is Best

#10 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

The Little Hitter's Brother

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
GolfWRX Likes : 280

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postrony, on 03 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Well thank you everyone who replied.  That was as clear as mud.  It reminded me of when I was in Viet  Nam many years ago, and I asked my unit CO when my combat tour was up.  The answer I got was; "Whenever". :crazy:

Whenever your "Freedom Bird" arrives... :D

w/b

BB Alpha 9.0 Aldila ATX 55
BB fw/w 3 & 5 Fubuki Z 65
Apex Pro 4-PW UST Recoil 95
Odyssey MXM #1 w/sight dot
Mack Daddy 2 - 52 & 56 S grind

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,490 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Well thank you everyone who replied.  That was as clear as mud.  It reminded me of when I was in Viet Nam many years ago, and I asked my unit CO when my combat tour was up.  The answer I got was;  "Whenever". :crazy:
Rony, I'm sorry if you haven't gotten an answer that you find satisfactory. Like much of what we do, locking a thread is subjective. In my view, I will only lock a thread when (1) someone has started a thread that is explicitly outside the rules and/or (2) the climate of the thread indicates to me that good members are being induced into doing things that they wouldn't ordinarily do. We try to take the high road, to clean up threads of negative posts, and to warn all involved to tone things down. If they fail to do so, the thread is closed for the benefit of all involved.

We do not run speed traps at GolfWRX. We do everything in our power to keep people from speeding. Hope that helps.

#12 rony

rony

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

View Postprofsmitty, on 03 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Rony, I'm sorry if you haven't gotten an answer that you find satisfactory. Like much of what we do, locking a thread is subjective. In my view, I will only lock a thread when (1) someone has started a thread that is explicitly outside the rules and/or (2) the climate of the thread indicates to me that good members are being induced into doing things that they wouldn't ordinarily do. We try to take the high road, to clean up threads of negative posts, and to warn all involved to tone things down. If they fail to do so, the thread is closed for the benefit of all involved.

We do not run speed traps at GolfWRX. We do everything in our power to keep people from speeding. Hope that helps.

profsmitty:  Yes that helps and thank you.  That's all I was looking for.
Everything in Moderation
Keep it Simple
Less is Best

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors