Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vertical launch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Melcheeley

Melcheeley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151807
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I just hit a few shoots with my 7i on a trackman. Swing speed 83 ball speed 109 smash 1.32 vert launch 22.6 spin 5396 height 32yds. The number that stands out is the vertical launch how can I lower this?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103884
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

First question is, why do you want to lower it?  Assuming that you think your ball flight is too high there are several things you can do to lower your launch:  move the ball back in your stance, 'cut off' your finish in a more punch shot manner, reduce your use of wrists and increase core + arms...  Also the fit of your clubs could be an answer -- you could test some different shafts to see if the launch goes down, such as heavier or different flex...

Edited by golfsavvy, 03 November 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#3 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121034
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I used to work for a clubfitting company that uses Trackman.  The other number you needed  to look at was descent angle. Based off of your numbers, I'd guess your descent angle is probably about 46-48 degrees. While your launch angle may be higher than you would like,  your spin is pretty low for a 7 iron.  If you are looking for more of a 'point and shoot' ball flight, then these aren't bad numbers.  If you want to work the ball more, you would want to lower launch and increase spin.  If you change nothing but your launch angle lower, then you will lose carry distance. Savvy's point about shafts is spot on about shafts.  Might also want to look at the amount of offset your irons have too.  More offset clubs tend to launch the ball higher.

#4 Melcheeley

Melcheeley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

It was 48.7. The wind has a major affect on my ball. I am currently playing s400. I wasn't taking full swings so my swing speed will be a little higher. Would a x100 be to much? Thanks for the replies

#5 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103884
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hard to make a general statement that they would be right or wrong.  Only way to be sure is to hit them and compare.

#6 mizunostaffer

mizunostaffer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2663
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

your swing speed isnt hight enough for X100 unless you have a really short quick swing. my 7 iron speed is 88mph, and im a perfect fit for S300, but I have smooth tempo

by your stats, id say you should try hitting down on the ball alittle more, im guessing your a picker, and you hit a draw?

#7 Melcheeley

Melcheeley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I take divots with a slight draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users