Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone Use the G15 17* Hybrid?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MattMo

MattMo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102846
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Looking to possibly pick up a 17* G15 hybrid to fill the gap between my 20* hybrid and 16* 3W, especially for those long par 3's and long par 4 approaches.  3W has been too erratic and 20* hybrid too short.

Anyone have success with the 17*?  I'm a little concerned that a mere 3* loft difference in hybrids would not produce noticeable yardage gains.  Heck, might even go back to the trusty G15 4W.

Ping G25 9.5* w/ TFC
Ping G15 4W w/ TFC
Ping G15 20* Hybrid w/ GD YSQ
Ping G15 4-UW w/ AWT
Ping Karsten TR Anser 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 duffer987

duffer987

Canadian in California

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 704

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Funnily enough I posted this yesterday in another thread:

"I actually did this, I have a 20 degree G15 (play irons from 4I down) and really like it. So I assumed I'd like the 17 degree as well.
Wrong. Just haven't got on with it. Was killing time before a flight at Golfsmith on Sunday, was hitting a used i20 17 degree hybrid and loved it.
Subsequently taken it (after purchase! I didn't steal it) to a grass range and am hitting it well. Will be playing rounds Sat/Sun to see how it goes when used in anger :)"

Like you I have a 3W (15) and the G15 Hybrid (20), so I thought getting a 17 made sense. I found it to be much different from the 20. Maybe I did not give it enough of a chance, but I had assumed it'd just be like the 20 degree, but 3 less. Now with the i20, I hope to be much happier with the swing and the results.
Terrible swing. Mixed results.
SLDR 12* | Cleveland Classic XL 15.5*
Adams DHy 18* | Titleist 913H 21*
Cally XHP 4I - 5I | X-Forged 6I - PW
Cally Forged 54* 60* | Odyssey #9
http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors