Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Why do you play Mizuno?


133 replies to this topic

#1 mattw1106

mattw1106

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96200
  • Joined: 10/09/2009
  • Ebay ID:mattw1106
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I just got my first set of Mizuno irons, Mp 64s, and I must say that I am very pleased. These irons are dead perfect for me, they frame the ball so well and really inspire confidence while over the ball; for a players club they are pretty easy to hit too. I am now asking myself why I haven't given Mizuno a shot in the past, and wondering what I have missed out on. So I am just wondering, for those of you that play Mizuno irons, what is your reason? Mine is that I have a great set of irons that perform as good if not better than anything I have hit, and I can still ho with the rest of my bag till kingdom come.

Covert Tour 2.0 Kuro Kage 70
Covert 2.0 15 Kuro Kage 70
Vr Pro 3-PW
Vokey SM 5 54
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105907
  • Joined: 04/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

A good fitter is more important to accuracy and feel IMO - b/c he can match/fine tune shafts and equipment to you swing.  The clubs themselves are less important.  Where SOME Mizuno models stand out are in their feel...but that doesn't affect accuracy.  :)

I've played golf for 15 years and mostly Mizuno...Comp EZ's, Pro II; Trues (ugh); MX20/23; MP30, MP62, JPX 800.  Played Titleist, Callaway, and TM too - and they have better customer service.   A few sets.  LOL  But the feel and uniqueness of Mizuno tended to keep me as a customer.   I think their MP series are their standout line up - they have a soft feel and a solid punch that is fun to play.   If I could continue to play the MP30 or 62 I'd love to...but now do not have time to practice as much as needed.  The most impact on feel (IMO) is the shaft.  Take any MP head and match it with different shafts...and you get different feels.

Am at the GI level now with the JPX's...and while they are "Mizunos" I could probably play almost any GI iron - as long as I had my fitter fit me for them and a good shaft.

#3 jmtigers

jmtigers

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85347
  • Joined: 06/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Feel.

I know where I'm hitting the ball in the face and when to make adjustments.

#4 hmx3

hmx3

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22522
  • Joined: 12/06/2006
  • Location:Austria/Europe
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostChipDriver, on 03 November 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

A good fitter is more important to accuracy and feel IMO - b/c he can match/fine tune shafts and equipment to you swing.  The clubs themselves are less important.  Where SOME Mizuno models stand out are in their feel...but that doesn't affect accuracy.  :)

I've played golf for 15 years and mostly Mizuno...Comp EZ's, Pro II; Trues (ugh); MX20/23; MP30, MP62, JPX 800.  Played Titleist, Callaway, and TM too - and they have better customer service.   A few sets.  LOL  But the feel and uniqueness of Mizuno tended to keep me as a customer.   I think their MP series are their standout line up - they have a soft feel and a solid punch that is fun to play.   If I could continue to play the MP30 or 62 I'd love to...but now do not have time to practice as much as needed.  The most impact on feel (IMO) is the shaft.  Take any MP head and match it with different shafts...and you get different feels.

Am at the GI level now with the JPX's...and while they are "Mizunos" I could probably play almost any GI iron - as long as I had my fitter fit me for them and a good shaft.

What are your talking and what hcp. ?

1. For a good player, the sole grind, offset, bounce, design and feel are the important keys for an iron.

2. With the shaft you can only finetune. The head is the important key.

But besides, Mizuno offers tour level qualitiy and performance.

Edited by hmx3, 03 November 2012 - 12:53 PM.


#5 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 2389

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Control and feel. The designs aren't crazy and the aesthetics are very nice. I am tired of seeing golf clubs that look like billboards for the nearest fireworks store. Mizuno doesn't seem pretentious to me. A nice assortment of players clubs with a take it or leave it approach to marketing.

PING Anser 10.5/Ahina 73x
PING G15 15.5, 18.5/PX Black 6.5
Mizuno Mp 53 3-pw/DG s300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52, 58/DG s400
Odyssey White Ice #7
Wilson Fg Tour X
WITB Link

#6 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35735
  • Joined: 07/27/2007
  • Location:Chevy Chase Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

one word..."BUTTER". :miz:
PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

#7 BigPete

BigPete

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83849
  • Joined: 05/25/2009
  • Location:Wirral UK Home of the 2014 Open
  • Handicap:12.1
  • Ebay ID:petekirkham25
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Lots of reasons for me.

- Quality - now there are very few bad clubs on the market but I feel confident in Mizuno's forging process and overall finish
- Feel - an obvious answer but their clubs just feel great when you put a nice hit on them. I'm sure other clubs do too, but the "Mizuno feel" is widely regarded to be amongst the best
- Design - I have 59s at the moment (previously mp37 mp52 jpx800) and the club heads just look "right" to my eye (size, topline, shape, offset etc). They are also more innovative than people give them credit for (fast track, dna, Ti inserts etc). I like the understated aesthetics of their mp line.
- Marketing - Mizuno don't go out to make wild claims about their gear. There's no distance guarantees, no swamping the tour with endorsed players. Just an understated assertion that the clubs will do what they're deigned for.
- Fitting - the course I play at now was formerly a National Fitting Center. The set up (which is still there btw) was second to none and the (free) service from the fitters was great
- Forum - one of the few OEMs that offer their own Forum where consumers can ask questions (often answered by Mizuno R & D directly) I'm pretty active on the Miz forum., it's a helpful, friendly place. There are also occasional competitions with Mizuno gear up for grabs.
- Outings - via the Forum I've been on 3 Mizuno golf days - 2 organised by forum members and one by Mizuno themselves (demo clubs, tour truck, nice goodie bag, great course etc)
- Factory visit - also via forum activities I was invited to take a tour of the factory in Cumbernauld, Scotland with another member. Extremely interesting day and further enhanced my confidence in their extreme attention to detail in all aspects of their club construction
- Luke Donald - I'm not going to lie, I'm a big fan of Luke and the fact he plays Mizuno is a nice bonus. Again, one of the forum members got the chance to attend a Mizuno day and play a hole with Luke himself (he was also kind enough to autograph the prize medals for another upcoming, member organised, Mizuno golf day.
- Wedges - I've used Vokeys and Clevelands but prefer Mizuno forged for feel and performance (and looks)
- Putters - I've tried lots of putters but the forged mpt106 I currently used is the best so far
- Runbird - I was always a fan of the Roadrunner :)

There are also thing I don't like in the interest of balance
- Shaft options - not so bad in the irons (although they are a bit slow to update the Euro offerings - no c tapers or pxi for us) but there are currently only 3 offerings in the woods - Orochi blue, red and the PX - just not enough when compared with their competitors.
- Woods support - Mizuno woods are great but it's frustrating the way they aren't really given a chance in the market - Luke playing TM doesn't help and no adjustability these days hurts sales, I still play them however.
Cobra L4V Matrix HD7 stiff
Mizuno JPX EZ 18 whiteboard stiff
Mizuno JPX EZ 19 / 825 25 Orochi stiff
Mizuno JPX 825 pro 5-pw XP S300
Mizuno MPR12 50 54 60
Mizuno Bettinardi BC2
WITB Link

#8 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Joined: 11/21/2011
  • Location:Ottawa ON.
  • Handicap:36
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostBigPete, on 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Lots of reasons for me.

- Quality - now there are very few bad clubs on the market but I feel confident in Mizuno's forging process and overall finish
- Feel - an obvious answer but their clubs just feel great when you put a nice hit on them. I'm sure other clubs do too, but the "Mizuno feel" is widely regarded to be amongst the best
- Design - I have 59s at the moment (previously mp37 mp52 jpx800) and the club heads just look "right" to my eye (size, topline, shape, offset etc). They are also more innovative than people give them credit for (fast track, dna, Ti inserts etc). I like the understated aesthetics of their mp line.
- Marketing - Mizuno don't go out to make wild claims about their gear. There's no distance guarantees, no swamping the tour with endorsed players. Just an understated assertion that the clubs will do what they're deigned for.
- Fitting - the course I play at now was formerly a National Fitting Center. The set up (which is still there btw) was second to none and the (free) service from the fitters was great
- Forum - one of the few OEMs that offer their own Forum where consumers can ask questions (often answered by Mizuno R & D directly) I'm pretty active on the Miz forum., it's a helpful, friendly place. There are also occasional competitions with Mizuno gear up for grabs.
- Outings - via the Forum I've been on 3 Mizuno golf days - 2 organised by forum members and one by Mizuno themselves (demo clubs, tour truck, nice goodie bag, great course etc)
- Factory visit - also via forum activities I was invited to take a tour of the factory in Cumbernauld, Scotland with another member. Extremely interesting day and further enhanced my confidence in their extreme attention to detail in all aspects of their club construction
- Luke Donald - I'm not going to lie, I'm a big fan of Luke and the fact he plays Mizuno is a nice bonus. Again, one of the forum members got the chance to attend a Mizuno day and play a hole with Luke himself (he was also kind enough to autograph the prize medals for another upcoming, member organised, Mizuno golf day.
- Wedges - I've used Vokeys and Clevelands but prefer Mizuno forged for feel and performance (and looks)
- Putters - I've tried lots of putters but the forged mpt106 I currently used is the best so far
- Runbird - I was always a fan of the Roadrunner :)

There are also thing I don't like in the interest of balance
- Shaft options - not so bad in the irons (although they are a bit slow to update the Euro offerings - no c tapers or pxi for us) but there are currently only 3 offerings in the woods - Orochi blue, red and the PX - just not enough when compared with their competitors.
- Woods support - Mizuno woods are great but it's frustrating the way they aren't really given a chance in the market - Luke playing TM doesn't help and no adjustability these days hurts sales, I still play them however.

That is a well thought out post. I've played Mizuno for years and don't see myself changing anytime soon, for many of the reason listed above.
JPX 825 Driver/3w
Anser 17* Hybrid
H4 3, 4 iron
CMB 5-PW
T4 52/58
Versa #7

#9 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Sunny Miami
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I simply get the best ball flight throughout the set with my MP-52s and S300.  I also like the way they feel and look, but I felt the same way about sets of Titleists, Pings in copper and stainless steel, and others.  The ball flight does not lie, and the 52s work for me.
Driver: Srixon Z-Star, Miyazaki Dromos
3w:  TEE CB2, Motore F1
3i - PW:  Mizuno MP52, S300
SW:  Ping ISI S2 BeCu
LW:  OG Ping Eye 2 BeCu
Putter:  Cleveland Almost Belly

#10 Johnny

Johnny

    Get Kwok'd

  • Marshals
  • 8,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55
  • Joined: 04/18/2005
  • Location:Not on the golf course

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

TN87's have always been my all time favorites... other makers I play from time to time but Mizuno finds a way back.

No matter what my sig says... right now I'm trying MP64/69 combo set with a Fourteen 4iron until the my H4's get here.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 acquadiice

acquadiice

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98821
  • Joined: 11/18/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

super soft, amazing feel.

#12 jeffc

jeffc

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24100
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Ottawa, Canada
  • Ebay ID:goho
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

classic simple design in my MP52's, no gimmicks, loud colours, or extra "stuff". And they feel incredible and perform.

#13 sniper

sniper

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3748
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I attended a demo day today with the specific purpose of hitting JPX Pro, Ping I20 and AP2's. I came away very impressed with the MP 64. Actually I hit the 59's and 64's the best.   I'm not a fan of the JPX Pro in terms of feel. The 59's seem forgiving for what they are. I currently play MX 300's but I'm thinking about 64's.

#14 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105907
  • Joined: 04/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Posthmx3, on 03 November 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostChipDriver, on 03 November 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

A good fitter is more important to accuracy and feel IMO - b/c he can match/fine tune shafts and equipment to you swing.  The clubs themselves are less important.  Where SOME Mizuno models stand out are in their feel...but that doesn't affect accuracy.  :)

I've played golf for 15 years and mostly Mizuno...Comp EZ's, Pro II; Trues (ugh); MX20/23; MP30, MP62, JPX 800.  Played Titleist, Callaway, and TM too - and they have better customer service.   A few sets.  LOL  But the feel and uniqueness of Mizuno tended to keep me as a customer.   I think their MP series are their standout line up - they have a soft feel and a solid punch that is fun to play.   If I could continue to play the MP30 or 62 I'd love to...but now do not have time to practice as much as needed.  The most impact on feel (IMO) is the shaft.  Take any MP head and match it with different shafts...and you get different feels.

Am at the GI level now with the JPX's...and while they are "Mizunos" I could probably play almost any GI iron - as long as I had my fitter fit me for them and a good shaft.

What are your talking and what hcp. ?

1. For a good player, the sole grind, offset, bounce, design and feel are the important keys for an iron.

2. With the shaft you can only finetune. The head is the important key.

But besides, Mizuno offers tour level qualitiy and performance.

I'm not bashing Mizuno at all - just making a distinction since I've played a bunch of their irons.

At my best I was a 7.x index while playing the MP30 and MP62s over a 7 year period irons were the strong part of my game - used to 11+ GIR over a season (75-100 rounds).  Over the past 2 years I have played much less (50+ rounds) and now a 9.x index and switched to JPX 800s....taking my medicine so to speak. :)  

I agree the head is important based on how you strike the ball - optimally speaking I doubt that all heads are designed for all swings and all swings aren't optimal for all heads.  My comment about shafts is that no matter what head I hit - it's where I spend most of my time with fittings....pick a head see if it works for my swing, and if the flight can be optimized (launch and angle of approach) with a shaft that feels good - sold.

Simply put - IMO not all Mizunos are the same.  YMMV.

#15 Malvern

Malvern

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157075
  • Joined: 01/22/2012
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 03 November 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Control and feel. The designs aren't crazy and the aesthetics are very nice. I am tired of seeing golf clubs that look like billboards for the nearest fireworks store. Mizuno doesn't seem pretentious to me. A nice assortment of players clubs with a take it or leave it approach to marketing.

I played mainly with blades when i was younger, more because of a lack of other options than anything else. Ping were making different looking irons but I always disliked their wedges. Hence as the years roll by, I always seek out a club with a more traditional shape, I really can't stand looking at a lot of clubs.

Have had Mizunos (MP 60s) since retiring some Titleist DCI's. Wonderful looking clubs (MP Series) and for me provide what I need in terms of playability and help. We have a good supplier in the US so can land new clubs very cheaply as well (to our specs)


#16 craz-e

craz-e

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
  • Joined: 09/19/2007
  • Location:Cairns QLD, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

I play my current set (MP68/63) due to the fact that when I got fitted I hit these the best, by that I mean most accurate and consistent. I remember getting fitted for my first proper set (MX20's) and so have always had a soft spot for Mizuno's but performance is king and I would play anything if it added to my game.

#17 puttingmatt

puttingmatt

    puttingmatt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50753
  • Joined: 03/05/2008
  • Location:Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ Florida
  • Ebay ID:puttingmatt
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I have been a Mizuno user for some 25 years. None better in my book. Currently
have the 64's and kept the 68's for my second bag. I enjoy their irons and woods.
They just flat out deliver, time and time again for me !! Still wish I had kept my 29's
and 33's . Amazing clubs really !!
Callaway BB Alpha 9* Driver
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 3  Wood
TEE XCG6 19* & 24*  Hybrids
Callaway Apex Pro  5 thru PW  Irons
Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa 9 HT Putter
Vokey 50*, 54*, & 58* Wedges

#18 sheldonjhacker

sheldonjhacker

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87167
  • Joined: 07/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

can the same great stuff be said about the non-MP mizzy product ?  In other words...is the JPX line great too...or the only "real" mizzy product is the MP lines?  

thanks

#19 Whids

Whids

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122296
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
  • Location:Vancouver, BC, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

64's will be my next set for sure. why? FEEL.

Top line is a tad thicker than what I'm used to but they just feel so good!

#20 Lobber

Lobber

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54700
  • Joined: 04/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

64s are my first set.  have 15 rounds on them and these are the best irons I have owned.  for me it is distance control and feel.  it is the first time I have the ability to consistently control my distance and also understand what people mean when talking about forged feel.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 driverwedge

driverwedge

    Jan-Michael Vincent is... Stringfellow Hawke.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69034
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:New Hampshire
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postfreddyottawa, on 03 November 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostBigPete, on 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Lots of reasons for me.

- Quality - now there are very few bad clubs on the market but I feel confident in Mizuno's forging process and overall finish
- Feel - an obvious answer but their clubs just feel great when you put a nice hit on them. I'm sure other clubs do too, but the "Mizuno feel" is widely regarded to be amongst the best
- Design - I have 59s at the moment (previously mp37 mp52 jpx800) and the club heads just look "right" to my eye (size, topline, shape, offset etc). They are also more innovative than people give them credit for (fast track, dna, Ti inserts etc). I like the understated aesthetics of their mp line.
- Marketing - Mizuno don't go out to make wild claims about their gear. There's no distance guarantees, no swamping the tour with endorsed players. Just an understated assertion that the clubs will do what they're deigned for.
- Fitting - the course I play at now was formerly a National Fitting Center. The set up (which is still there btw) was second to none and the (free) service from the fitters was great
- Forum - one of the few OEMs that offer their own Forum where consumers can ask questions (often answered by Mizuno R & D directly) I'm pretty active on the Miz forum., it's a helpful, friendly place. There are also occasional competitions with Mizuno gear up for grabs.
- Outings - via the Forum I've been on 3 Mizuno golf days - 2 organised by forum members and one by Mizuno themselves (demo clubs, tour truck, nice goodie bag, great course etc)
- Factory visit - also via forum activities I was invited to take a tour of the factory in Cumbernauld, Scotland with another member. Extremely interesting day and further enhanced my confidence in their extreme attention to detail in all aspects of their club construction
- Luke Donald - I'm not going to lie, I'm a big fan of Luke and the fact he plays Mizuno is a nice bonus. Again, one of the forum members got the chance to attend a Mizuno day and play a hole with Luke himself (he was also kind enough to autograph the prize medals for another upcoming, member organised, Mizuno golf day.
- Wedges - I've used Vokeys and Clevelands but prefer Mizuno forged for feel and performance (and looks)
- Putters - I've tried lots of putters but the forged mpt106 I currently used is the best so far
- Runbird - I was always a fan of the Roadrunner :)

There are also thing I don't like in the interest of balance
- Shaft options - not so bad in the irons (although they are a bit slow to update the Euro offerings - no c tapers or pxi for us) but there are currently only 3 offerings in the woods - Orochi blue, red and the PX - just not enough when compared with their competitors.
- Woods support - Mizuno woods are great but it's frustrating the way they aren't really given a chance in the market - Luke playing TM doesn't help and no adjustability these days hurts sales, I still play them however.

That is a well thought out post. I've played Mizuno for years and don't see myself changing anytime soon, for many of the reason listed above.

Very well said boys.

I picked up the game in 2002.  I was "fitted" by eye after a few months getting a repeatable swing using my grandfather's old Nicklaus blades.  He put me in some Golfsmith ProCavities or something with Rifle 5.5 Lites.  After a few years of them, one of my friends bought a Pro Golf franchise with a simulator.  I hit everything in the place over and over.  I wasn't a gear ho, I knew little to nothing about equipment and had absolutely no bias.  What I kept coming back to was a set of MP 60s.  No gimmicks.  Nothing crazy going on.  It didn't look like a Transformer.  It just looked beautiful and felt even better.  Since then I've hit everything, but bagged the 62s and now the 64s.  Subtle differences, but in the end it's all about looks and feel.  They've got everything I want in an iron.  I keep hitting everything I can from other manufacturers to keep myself educated on products so I can have an opinion based on experience, but if irons are going in the bag, they'll most likely have a Runbird on them.
Testing the Bombtech Golf Grenade 9.5*
Adams Super LS Black18*/Redboard 83x
Adams Super LSP Black 23*/AxivRed 104x
MP64 4-7/MP4 8-PW(6-PW 1*weak)/CTaperX
Yes Abbie Forged Pro Series
MPT10 50, MPT11 56,60/Black Chrome S400
WITB Link

#22 fairwaysroverated

fairwaysroverated

    Love where you're at, Drive to where you want to be!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191214
  • Joined: 07/09/2012
  • Location:louisiana
  • Ebay ID:winter4752
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Just love the feel and elegance of a mizuno iron.
10* G25 Driver, Oban Kyoshi Purple
16* Pro, 20* Mini, Tour Red / Green
24* Dhy, Matrix White Tie
5 - PW MP59, KBS tour
46*/50*/55*/60* Mac Daddy, KBS Tour
37" Counterbalanced Scottsdale

#23 sheldonjhacker

sheldonjhacker

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87167
  • Joined: 07/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Any middle handicaps playing the new MP-64's ?

#24 Shogun36

Shogun36

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 190300
  • Joined: 07/04/2012
  • Location:Shambhala
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I played Mizuno for quite a few years and when I did it was because I wanted to play a set of Japanese golf clubs and loved the soft feel.  Now, Im kind of over the whole, "Japanese golf clubs are better" thing and have realized that feel isnt as important as some folks might think.
Nothing against Mizuno, they still make quality clubs and always have, Im just over getting all hot and bothered when Mizuno comes out with something new and am no longer convinced that forged is better.

#25 ChipDriver

ChipDriver

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105907
  • Joined: 04/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

View Postsheldonjhacker, on 03 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

can the same great stuff be said about the non-MP mizzy product ?  In other words...is the JPX line great too...or the only "real" mizzy product is the MP lines?  

thanks

It's not like the MX or JPX are crappy - they are nice.  Mizuno was one of the first OEMs to make a forged game improvement iron at least as early as the Comp EZ when other OEMs were not.   The also employ a lot of technology in those clubs.    But IMO the feel in those lines isn't as good as the MPs

That is sort of impossible given the design of the MX and JPX heads.  

To put it a different way...Mizuno makes a pretty darned nice feeling GI iron.  :-)


#26 Sakman

Sakman

    @ryansako

  • Marshals
  • 5,676 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1687
  • Joined: 06/15/2005
  • Location:N 41 34' 54.0491"

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostJohnny, on 03 November 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

TN87's have always been my all time favorites... other makers I play from time to time but Mizuno finds a way back.

No matter what my sig says... right now I'm trying MP64/69 combo set with a Fourteen 4iron until the my H4's get here.

You too huh? I've been talking off Kwok's ear about them lately as my game could def use the help.

#27 sung1018

sung1018

    Yeah, I crush alot.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82864
  • Joined: 05/13/2009
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yum I love butter. My first mizzy. I don't think I will not ever switch.

#28 Johnny

Johnny

    Get Kwok'd

  • Marshals
  • 8,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55
  • Joined: 04/18/2005
  • Location:Not on the golf course

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostSakman, on 04 November 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

View PostJohnny, on 03 November 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

TN87's have always been my all time favorites... other makers I play from time to time but Mizuno finds a way back.

No matter what my sig says... right now I'm trying MP64/69 combo set with a Fourteen 4iron until the my H4's get here.

You too huh? I've been talking off Kwok's ear about them lately as my game could def use the help.

I wont be playing a entire round for sometime... I've torn just about every ligament and minuscus in my left knee (awaiting surgury)... sucks !  But I'm still ho'n which makes no sense.
Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

#29 wyattdog

wyattdog

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121949
  • Joined: 02/08/2011
  • Location:SE Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Playing mp 57's over s56's.  oldies but goodies.   Love the feel, response, and confidence with em.

#30 mattw1106

mattw1106

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96200
  • Joined: 10/09/2009
  • Ebay ID:mattw1106
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think I have finally got the 64s dialed in. Yesterday was my 3rd range session and my 2nd round with them and I am still in shock how good these are. I hit 14 greens and shot +2, which is my best round in a while. I can't tell you the last time that I hit that many GIR. Overall I couldn't be more pleased.

Covert Tour 2.0 Kuro Kage 70
Covert 2.0 15 Kuro Kage 70
Vr Pro 3-PW
Vokey SM 5 54
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors