Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vegas Golf

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bulldogdoc

Bulldogdoc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24957
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I am going to be in Las Vegas in Early Febuary.   We will be staying at Aria. What golf course is close by and good to play?  Do they provide a shuttle to and from the course?  Anything to expect or be aware of as I've never been to Vegas before.

Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 GolfinGuy

GolfinGuy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130144
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Going to play one of the Paiute courses week of Thanksgiving and believe that they are doing winter rates and they have some sweet replay deals so you can get 36 in for about what 18 would cost in the summer.  Can update after I give it a go. Not sure of shuttles.

#3 GrantGannon

GrantGannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191000
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm booked to play Pauite - Wolf next week with the Golfapalooza deal. $149 for 18 & a replay plus a free lunch. (It's normally $109 for 18)

I will be there all week for a convention and will just rent a car for the golf day. Given Paiute's location it's probably much cheaper than taking a cab out there and back.

#4 puttnforthe8

puttnforthe8

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88323
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

No shuttles to courses generally unless it is to the fancy courses.  Not too much close to the strip except a couple of very expensive courses our so so courses.

Just rent a car.    Paiute is an easy, quick drive to get to some excellent and fun courses.

The other good courses are not that far either.  Look up reviews of other ones on here to help make your decision.  Bears Best, Badlands,  Rio Secco, TPC LV and others all have there fans and detractors as you will find out....so it is up to you an what you want in your course.

#5 duffer987

duffer987

Approach shot on the Alps.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 842

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Rent a car. Vegas has to be one of the cheapest cities in the world for car hires.

Pauite is awesome, found Badlands to be tricked-up target-golf off the tee and not something to play on holidays. You'd need to know your way around it to really get on with the course.

Also do a search, loads of threads on this subject :)

NOT a Good Player, can't break 70 ;)
SLDR 12* | Cleveland Classic XL 15.5*
Titleist 913H 21*
Cally XHP 4I - 5I | X-Forged 6I - PW
Cally Forged 54* | Scotty Del Mar
http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList

#6 Bulldogdoc

Bulldogdoc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24957
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks fellas. Good advice.

#7 cdnrockies

cdnrockies

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208709
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postputtnforthe8, on 03 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

No shuttles to courses generally unless it is to the fancy courses.  Not too much close to the strip except a couple of very expensive courses our so so courses.

Just rent a car. Paiute is an easy, quick drive to get to some excellent and fun courses.

The other good courses are not that far either.  Look up reviews of other ones on here to help make your decision.  Bears Best, Badlands,  Rio Secco, TPC LV and others all have there fans and detractors as you will find out....so it is up to you an what you want in your course.

Paiute Wolf is a great course, perhaps the best value in LV. BB is a fun track if you're a fan of Nicklaus tracks. I thought TPC LV was overrated, especially for the price. I agree with the other poster that Badlands is tricked up. Bali Hai is also waaaaay overpriced and overrated.

I played Rio Secco on Tuesday and it was in good shape (forgot they're playing the Wendy's 3 Tour Challenge their in 2 weeks) and is a fair layout. Service is typically good and it isn't outrageously priced (paid $139). I rent a car as we like to zip around, but the guy I played with stated a cab to RS ran him $52.

#8 sabram

sabram

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

I stayed at the Aria earlier this year. It is quite nice and huge. On that visit I played Bear's Best and two Paiute courses. Paiute is a few minutes further drive, but worth it. The three Paiute courses are among my favorites near Vegas. Bear's Best is  a good choice if you can get a good deal. I paid $75 for an afternoon tee time.

Here's a link to my favorite Vegas Courses:  http://golfcourses.w...s-vegas-nv.html  At the botom of the page are links to photo tours of the courses.

Posted Image
Las Vegas Paiute Wolf #8 par 3 don't miss right rev by tewiespix, on Flickr

Posted Image
LV Paiute Snow Mountain #10 from clubhouse rev by tewiespix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Bears Best #18 long approach at sunset r by tewiespix, on Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors