Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Changing clubs

May put away the forged clubs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 golfman1

golfman1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15785
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Just thought I would ask the forum. Been playing forged irons for years play to around 7 handicap. Seriously thinking about putting away my 2009 callaway x forged for the game improvement club like a burner 2.0. Was playing yesterday with a buddy of mine who is about scratch who had a set of these did hit a couple of balls with these and wow not bad for a cast club actually was pretty soft feeling and high ball flight. Not getting any younger early 40's anybody else out there make the transition. Have been told once you get used to the look of not being a forged club thats the hardest thing to over come but the results will help quickly fix that as in forgiveness and higher ball flight.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 LBlack14

LBlack14

Say it to my face!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30664
  • Ebay ID:LBlack14
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Forgiveness is a good thing.

#3 golf9596

golf9596

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 884
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Went that way a few years ago and got a little sloppy with my play. The larger sweet spot let me get a way with so so ball striking. This was ok playing with my regular group on the weekends, but tournament play was a different story. Went back to my blades/forged models and two years later I am back to square one(that's a good thing). My misses are still there. but not as often. For me the look was more important than the extra forgiveness.
SLDR 12*- Attas 3-S
TEE CB 15.5 661-X
Adams A7 19* Hybrid-Proforce-S
Adams DHY 24*, Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5-G
Scotty Newport Button Back….….
Vokey 54*, Vokey 58* SM5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors