Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Claw grip vs Regular grip

grip claw

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grenot2557

Grenot2557

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209561
  • Ebay ID:mbg07021998
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

I was watching the HSBC championships today, and I noticed Phil Mickelson using a claw grip. For years watching his short game videos he has always had a regular grip when putting, so why change? When did he change to the claw grip? I also would like to hear your opinions about gripping the putter.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 PuttingDoctor

PuttingDoctor

The Putting Doctor

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70135
  • Ebay ID:The Putting Doctor
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Why would you change the grip you use for 13 other clubs in your bag. (thumbs down the flat face is the only change)  If your grip is neutral and natural you've got lots less to think about.  The hands are simply intermediaries between the club face and your shoulder plane. "Look Ma' No Hands!"

Also tagged with grip, claw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors