Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

SF SWING: Toe hits on irons and wedges. Straight ball flight.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 itsjappo

itsjappo

Dead Straight All Day

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88840
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I haven't practiced or golfed much this past few months since started my job. Well, I'm starting to practice alot again and I noticed that I am hitting my clubs on the toe side on my irons/wedges. Might even be my woods too but harder to tell. I hit good shots, straight with either a minor fade/draw. The only thing it's causing me is inconsistent distances when hit on the toe. Missed alot of greens today short but on line. Any ideas what it can be?

PS. If this helps, My clubs are custom fitted by Mr. Doucette at Faldo Institute. He put me at 1" shorter and about 1* flat. I'm 5' 9" 165 lbs and 32.5" wrist to floor.

Just trying to figure out if its equipment related or it's my swing. I will try to film tomorrow for some update. Thanks guys.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103884
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Did you have a follow-up session with your fitter?  He's the one who should be verifying the fit...and the fit as it relates to your swing.  None of us were there, so it's all speculation.

#3 hoganfan924

hoganfan924

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24689
GolfWRX Likes : 468

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

1" shorter seems awfully short for a guy 5'9"  I'm 5'6" and play standard length, 4 deg. flat.  According to the Ping chart, 1" short should be for a guy who's 5' tall.

#4 Cmartingolf

Cmartingolf

Martin Chuck - Tour Striker Golf Academy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71538
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Sounds to me like you have the handle coming in a little higher than you'd like. Willing to bet your pattern is: inside/across the line/steep and "fit in." When the handle gets high, the heel is off the ground and it increases the odds of toe hits. Here's a thought for you about how to get the shaft more matched up for the current lie angle: http://www.youtube.c...?v=Z-b4K28G6xg. Like Golfsavvy says, you could be swinging nicely and simply need a tweak too.

#5 compton1977

compton1977

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100233
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

I was having toe hit issues and went back to my fitter for some analysis, when i said that i thought the clubs were a bit long, they were 1/4" over Mizuno standard, he said that shorter clubs are more prone to toe hits. I hit some balls on their Trackman and i was coming far too much from the inside, which resulted in the toe hit. We worked on feeling like i was taking the club more outside, reality was it was still inside, and maintaining my spine angle through the ball, not standing up fearing the fat shot and instantly I was flushing it.  I am still subject to the odd toe hit with longer irons and i know that it was just because i didn't stay down through the ball so i throw another ball down and bingo, flushed again. YMMV

#6 itsjappo

itsjappo

Dead Straight All Day

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

im gonna go out and film at the range today to see if im humping the goat. i highly doubt it tho but we'll see since i had a few months break. i feel as if im swinging nicely as all balls are pretty straight and very controlled. some were just off the toe so bad that it didn't hit the grooves so i lost alot of distance. will report later tonight.

#7 itsjappo

itsjappo

Dead Straight All Day

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

View Posthoganfan924, on 02 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

1" shorter seems awfully short for a guy 5'9"  I'm 5'6" and play standard length, 4 deg. flat.  According to the Ping chart, 1" short should be for a guy who's 5' tall.

thats what i thought. i knew im standard from all other fittings i have been to but decided to go to mr. doucette because of his reputation and he insisted that i should be 1" shorter so i can have a good posture and bend to the ball. i hope he is correct because i spent 2500 on this blueprinted clubs back in march =(

#8 mikpga

mikpga

Jammer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20303
GolfWRX Likes : 288

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Could be a wee bit above plane.

You may want to experiment with something 3 degrees flatter as well.

#9 itsjappo

itsjappo

Dead Straight All Day

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

i need to film some swings to see where im at so we can pinpoint it. i should be able to take some today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors