Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Just order my JPX 825'sssssssss :)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cerv10

cerv10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116503
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Just ordered a set of JPX 825s with KBS Tour X flex. Too bad it's the end of the season for me, but atleast I can stare at them all winter!

Will post pics when they arrive!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 hoosiervolunteer

hoosiervolunteer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7380
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Nice set!

I took this iron for a test on the range today against Ping G20s.  They are really really great irons.  Nice look from the top, but plenty forgiving.  The G20 launches high and straight with not too much feedback.  The 825s were launched lower but still had equal dispersion for me.  Much better feedback.

I have finally found the replacement to my beloved Callaway X20s.  The 825s are exactly what I am looking for in an iron.

#3 npham

npham

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207159
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

How do these compare to the JPX 800 Pro's? Much different?
Titleist 913 D2 AD DI 7X tipped 1"
Titleist 913 FD D+ X Flex
Titleist 913 HD D+ X Flex
Mizuno MP-53 PW-4i KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist SM4 52/56/60 KBS Wedge Shafts S
Scotty Cameron Del Mar

#4 Terp

Terp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15256
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Posthoosiervolunteer, on 02 November 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Nice set!

I took this iron for a test on the range today against Ping G20s.  They are really really great irons.  Nice look from the top, but plenty forgiving.  The G20 launches high and straight with not too much feedback.  The 825s were launched lower but still had equal dispersion for me.  Much better feedback.

I have finally found the replacement to my beloved Callaway X20s.  The 825s are exactly what I am looking for in an iron.

How were the JPX 825s flight vs the X20s?  I am playing the X22s and am considering the JPX 825s or waiting to see the Ping G25s.  I have hit the Ping G20s with the CFS shaft and the flight was good and longer than my X22s.  But, I have only hit it off mats outside (not grass).  Not sure about the wide sole, though I hear the G25s are supposed to have a narrower sole.

#5 hoosiervolunteer

hoosiervolunteer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7380
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Flight was similar to my X20s, but the 825s are more forgiving and are longer.  The trajectory is similar for me.  I don't care much about the extra length because accuracy is way more important to me.  To me, the 825s are the perfect replacement for my X20s considering I don't play as often as I used to.

If you really like the 825 look and feel, their flight can be changed with different shafts.  Shafts have more of an impact on flight than head design for the most part.

#6 Terp

Terp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15256
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

View Posthoosiervolunteer, on 02 November 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Flight was similar to my X20s, but the 825s are more forgiving and are longer.  The trajectory is similar for me.  I don't care much about the extra length because accuracy is way more important to me.  To me, the 825s are the perfect replacement for my X20s considering I don't play as often as I used to.

If you really like the 825 look and feel, their flight can be changed with different shafts.  Shafts have more of an impact on flight than head design for the most part.

Thanks. I will go with Nippon 950s in steel or perhaps graphite shafts. I have been battling tendonitus in my left elbow (cortisone, rehap) and had surgery on my right elbow for the same issues about 10 years ago. In fact, earlier this year I went back to my Ping G2s with graphite shafts for a bit. I had forgotten how good the G2s were.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors