Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Suggested rules for golfing holiday

tourny group stableford

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theexo51

theexo51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209069
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hey guys,

I wondered if anyone might be able to help a threesome of average golfers..

We are off on holiday next year and will be playing 4 rounds of golf. Our h'caps are fairly close 24,20,16 but we want to make things a bit more interesting for the 4 days...are there any game types that would suit a 4 round tourny??

We are keeping away from stroke play as none of us are good enough, but we were looking at various versions of stableford and in particular if anyone can advise on a way to make things a bit more dynamic during each round or each day.

any ideas?

(ps great forum by the way - sooooo much useful info in here)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Pyramid.

9 Total Points.
Everyhole theres a 9 possible points.

Low Score: 5pts
2nd: 3pts
3rd: 1 Pt.

If you all tie on one hole you divide all 9 pts.
If 1 and 2nd tie you split 8 pts.
If 2nd and 3rd Tie you split 4 pts.

Youll get it. Not to hard to keep track and keeps your mind off shooting 100

Edited by GoogleMe, 31 October 2012 - 09:19 AM.

TESTING
WITB Link

#3 esketores

esketores

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120324
  • Ebay ID:Hbarrel
GolfWRX Likes : 258

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Greenie's - Par 3's closest to the pin (on the green) par or better to win. (i.e no three putt greenie's.) Each of you throw a Quid in the pot for each par three.
Skins but do over the 4 rounds. Par or better to win.
When we go on golf sojourns handicaps are thrown out. Yea the worst golfer (usually me) is at a disadvantage but it makes winning all the sweeter!
PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17 / 910h 24 & 27
Titleist 913Hd 20
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Queen B Model 3 putter
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56

#4 ben w

ben w

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106447
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

modified stableford is fun, at your handicap levels, shift the scale to suit pars and bogies, which is what you guys will be making lots of. you shouldn't be penalized for making a double (make that zero points).

I would highly recommend skins. Have each guy pitch in $9, for fifty cents a hole. At your handicaps you want to make sure par or better is the only rule for winning a skin.

The skins and stableford both reward aggressive play, and if you're out of a hole, you can just pick up and keep it moving.
Ping G15 9* RIP alpha 60X
Nike SQ-Dymo 15* YS7+ X
910H 19* NVH 95 S
I20 4-UW S300 & MP33 3-PW X100
33" SC Newport 2
Scratch 53* DS & 58* DD S400

#5 willywads

willywads

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165267
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

our saturday group plays a modified stableford which is great for all handicaps.  Have a point total for each golfer ie 18 handicap has to get 18 points, 20 handicap pulls 16 points, etc (based on par 72)...  Point structure is 4-eagle, 3 birdie, 2 par, 1 bogey, double and above-0.  Person with the biggest + gets the money each day (ex 18 points, you pull 20 you are +2).  Adjust each day based on your point total from the previous round.  At our course +3/4 moves up 2pts, +5/6 moves up 3 points same concept if you are minus your point total.  If you are +/- 1/2 then your points stay the same for the next round.  We also have a skins game we play on top of this, which is realistic for your group as well.  Like someone mentioned above, play greenies as well since it is just one group.  Closest to the Pin (on the green) wins (your choice on validation, meaning 2 putt or less to get the greenie).  Hope I explained it well, let me know if you want more clairfication.

#6 theexo51

theexo51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209069
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

thanks for the advice, i like the sound of the Pyramid one, and the greenies - useful beer money :)

Also tagged with tourny, group, stableford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors