Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 3 votes

Anyone Know What New Offerings Golf Pride Will Have In 2013?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 DRRicks

DRRicks

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
GolfWRX Likes : 206

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi Bruce! Wondering why there hasn't been any additional colors within the Tour Velvet line?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27266
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hi DRRicks. There really has been little interest in that. In neither the Aftermarket or Tour. Perhaps because we have so many color options in the rest of our product families. Always appreciate the feedback though and will take that to the team to discuss. Bruce

#63 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Bruce-

You rock man, we appreciate the speedy responses and look forward to the new offerings, I have ALL of my clubs gripped with Z's and they are really incredible grips, just love them. Have you been pleasantly surprised with this offerings success?? Regards-BB
Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#64 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi Big Ben. Yes, the new products we released this year have done very well. Truth be told, you guys were one of the main drivers behind the Z-Grip Cord. We knew there was a segment of the market out there that preferred a very coarse and abrasive full-cord grip. Mostly better players who require that feeback and responsiveness from shots. We would read the many threads on here asking for that. So thanks for the feeback...it helped created what you know as the Z-Grip Cord. We actually have a museum room here at headquarters that house all of our heritage grips. The full-cord grips from the 50's and 60's are outrageously firm. Just crazy stuff. I'll try to take a picture of some and post. You guys will get a kick out of it. In the meantime, to get you guys in the Holiday spirit, I found an old Golf Pride greeting card that makes me chuckle every time I see it. Take it easy. Bruce
Santa.jpg

Edited by brucemiller, 08 November 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#65 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35735
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

If there's one thing I'm begging for it's a new decade whiteout with "reminder". I know the red/black multicompound is offered with reminder, but nobody even stocks it. It's strange to think that PIng, Mizuno, and other OEM's have a ribbed grip on a lot of their OTR irons, yet there are so few choices of ribbed grips available to the consumer at their local stores.

It's a shame because ribbed grips are played by many on tour and I think a lot of amateurs can benefit from this type of grip. Just my .02

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

#66 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I hear ya Joe. We always try to make at least one model available with a reminder rib in a particular family. With the MultiCompound, it happens to be the original red, since that was the first color we launched. Bottom line is the majority of people in the Americas region play round grips. And the vast majority of players on TOUR play round grips. But you hit the nail on the head: the retailers who purchase from us don't always carry a ribbed model for every family. They just don't turn them fast enough in many cases to stock. Adjustable clubs have contributed to the necessity of round grips with minimal graphics(ala our Tour Velvet 360). But they are out there. Just requires a bit of extra searching. Hope that helps. Bruce

#67 smitty114

smitty114

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61860

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi Bruce

Was just curious if you guys have any plans to offer the Multi Compound in a 360 model?

#68 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi Smitty. We don't have plans to release a 360 MultiCompound next year. Bruce

#69 Instant Offense

Instant Offense

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127770
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Really hoping to try the Niion. GP is the best of the grip world.

Edited by Instant Offense, 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#70 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postbrucemiller, on 08 November 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I hear ya Joe. We always try to make at least one model available with a reminder rib in a particular family. With the MultiCompound, it happens to be the original red, since that was the first color we launched. Bottom line is the majority of people in the Americas region play round grips. And the vast majority of players on TOUR play round grips. But you hit the nail on the head: the retailers who purchase from us don't always carry a ribbed model for every family. They just don't turn them fast enough in many cases to stock. Adjustable clubs have contributed to the necessity of round grips with minimal graphics(ala our Tour Velvet 360). But they are out there. Just requires a bit of extra searching. Hope that helps. Bruce

I was just reading my latest copy of "Golf Magazine" and they mentioned Rory, who is a stickler about his equipment, plays "ribbed" yellow and black multicompounds. Any chance us mere mortals can obtain these? I'd literally pay double if I could get a multicompound whiteout with "reminder".

Just my opinion, but I think GP is missing the boat on a great idea. Why not offer an option for customization like Nikeid, Scotty Cameron, or Callaway does with their Razr fit driver. How cool would that be to design your own grip colors?

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 TripleGrindSole

TripleGrindSole

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151201
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Postsmitty114, on 09 November 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Hi Bruce

Was just curious if you guys have any plans to offer the Multi Compound in a 360 model?

REALLY A GREAT IDEA!

#72 lenrex

lenrex

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18726
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Postbrucemiller, on 29 October 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

View Postkchuckb, on 29 October 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

View Postcanucks1970, on 28 October 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

those NDMC black will be on my sticks next year for sure!!

+1 on that.

Hi guys. The Niions will only be available in standard size to start (60R). We need to see which colors shake out as top performers before launching a midsize version. Thanks. Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Why doesn't G.P. make a lot of their offerings with reminders any more?  As far as I know, Tour Velvet and NDMC's are the only ones available.

#73 Naughty Mazz

Naughty Mazz

RIP Ferbis 12-31-12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45702
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

any chance there will be more colors in the "whiteout"?

Edited by Naughty Mazz, 10 November 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Titleist 907D2 7.5*
Titleist 906F2 15*
Wilson Tour Blades 2-PW
Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey White Hot Pro CS7
WITB Link

#74 Ball.Go.Far.

Ball.Go.Far.

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208721
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hey Bruce currently gaming the Z-Cord full set. I love the look and feel but I think a reverse of the color scheme would look great!( White grip, black pattern, black butt)
TM R1 Accra Dymatch
Ping i15 3 & 5 axivcore tour red
Callaway Xutility 21
Callaway XForged 4-P X100 tour issue
Vokey SM4 53, 59
TM Spider Blade

#75 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi guys. Just wanted to get you guys some answers to the above questions.

Joe: I responded to you offline as the explanation was too long to post here. To summarize, we try to offer 1 ribbed version in the most popular families. But not all. The majority of players in the United States use round grips. This wasn't always the case, but has evolved over the last 50 years. You guys are right, some OEMs still use reminder ribs on particular lines of clubs. We just aren't seeing the demand for every sku in the aftermarket. And the limited demand we do see is not enough to warrant a full blown release.

Lenrex: Reminder rib options in MultiCompound, Tour Velvet, and Tour Velvet BCT Cord.

Naughty Mazz: No plans to release different Whiteout options at this time, but as always appreciate the feedback and will discuss with our Sales & Marketing team here at Golf Pride.

Ball Go Far: Thanks for the feedback. That option does look nice as we've seen different base colors and paint fills when conceptualizing the original launch. But chose black with white paint fill for mass appeal. No plans at this time to release in white.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the late response.

Bruce

Edited by brucemiller, 12 November 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#76 NGstaff

NGstaff

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38101
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Bruce.  Any other putter grips for next year?  Of just the black player's wrap and the belly putter grip?

#77 Doc Mcstuffins

Doc Mcstuffins

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Bruce is the MAN! So nice to get responses straight from the horses mouth. It's also nice to know he takes our feedback and opinions seriously.

Thanks again Bruce!
PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB

#78 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

NG: Correct. Just the belly putter (B-140) and Black Players Wrap.

#79 NGstaff

NGstaff

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38101
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thanks Bruce.  And thanks for the speedy reply!  Golf Pride...all I use!!!

#80 matt1152

matt1152

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125680
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostBall.Go.Far., on 12 November 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hey Bruce currently gaming the Z-Cord full set. I love the look and feel but I think a reverse of the color scheme would look great!( White grip, black pattern, black butt)

First of all, thanks Bruce for being active in these threads.  I've played GolfPride all my life and have been mostly happy as such.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist though, and like some other cord-enthusiasts herein, favour a coarser/rougher cording (although, I do still have about 10 of the Tour Velvet Cord BCT's left to use-up at home), and have been long-preoccupied with finding a more bristled model.  I was only made aware of the new Z-GRIP CORD product offering about two months ago, and was quite excited by the more aggressive cording that was promised.

My concern with the new Z-Cord's is entirely about aesthetics, however.  While Ball.Go.Far. questioned about a possible color-scheme reversal, my query is specific to the white-coloured butt-end.  I'm not crazy about more expressive colour schemes (Multi-Compounds, for instance), but I don't mind them either.  What I am concerned about is how much quicker the butt-ends - being white instead of black - get dirtier (or, at least appear to) from being at the bottom of the golf bag?  Admittedly, if they do murk-up quicker, it'd be a good incentive for me to clean my grips more often, but still, the concern remains.

Ball.Go.Far., what's your experience?  Did they get dirty/look it any faster than normal do you think?

Has anyone else have any experience with the butt-ends on these discoloring / looking worn, or being a pain to clean?

Bruce, have you had any consumer feed-back on these (or, similarly-colored models) staining / dirtying any more noticeably than usual?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has input to lend.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#81 Ball.Go.Far.

Ball.Go.Far.

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208721
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

View Postmatt1152, on 12 November 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

First of all, thanks Bruce for being active in these threads.  I've played GolfPride all my life and have been mostly happy as such.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist though, and like some other cord-enthusiasts herein, favour a coarser/rougher cording (although, I do still have about 10 of the Tour Velvet Cord BCT's left to use-up at home), and have been long-preoccupied with finding a more bristled model.  I was only made aware of the new Z-GRIP CORD product offering about two months ago, and was quite excited by the more aggressive cording that was promised.

My concern with the new Z-Cord's is entirely about aesthetics, however.  While Ball.Go.Far. questioned about a possible color-scheme reversal, my query is specific to the white-coloured butt-end.  I'm not crazy about more expressive colour schemes (Multi-Compounds, for instance), but I don't mind them either.  What I am concerned about is how much quicker the butt-ends - being white instead of black - get dirtier (or, at least appear to) from being at the bottom of the golf bag?  Admittedly, if they do murk-up quicker, it'd be a good incentive for me to clean my grips more often, but still, the concern remains.

Ball.Go.Far., what's your experience?  Did they get dirty/look it any faster than normal do you think?

Has anyone else have any experience with the butt-ends on these discoloring / looking worn, or being a pain to clean?

Bruce, have you had any consumer feed-back on these (or, similarly-colored models) staining / dirtying any more noticeably than usual?

I probably clean my grips more than average (every week or 2ish) but if i give them a while between cleanings the very bottom around the hole will get a little dirty.  Warm water and a quick rough up with a brush and they look and feel brand new again.  I got them in June and I think they are "wearing in" nicely. I like them more as cord gets exposed more.
TM R1 Accra Dymatch
Ping i15 3 & 5 axivcore tour red
Callaway Xutility 21
Callaway XForged 4-P X100 tour issue
Vokey SM4 53, 59
TM Spider Blade

#82 coachemup

coachemup

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20316

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Bruce

I live on the coast (2 doors down from the water) in Texas and it stays hot and very humid here pretty much year round and I have not found a grip that I am totally in love with for these conditions.  In fact, I may be one of the few that still prefers the old "coarse and firm" corded grips from yesteryear.  I tried out your new Z Grip and I must say that it just didn't do it for me.  The Z Grip seems to have more of a cloth lining instead of a true cord and even with sanding on the grip, it got very slick in the humid conditions.  I think the best grip of yours was the VDR, but it still needed to be wiped down before every shot.  In your expert opinion, what grip do you feel would beneift me the most for the conditions I both live in and play in?

Thanks for your time

#83 Jaenuwine

Jaenuwine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151369
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Bruce,

Have been using Multi-Compounds ever since it came out but recently purchased a used club with a Tour Wrap 2g on it.
It felt so good I changed all my grips to it.

Would love to see a blue and yellow added to the mix.

#84 youngwaldo

youngwaldo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8465
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Bruce, been a GP guys since I started playing golf (1990).  best grips ever.  thanks.

Wk
SLDR TP 430 VC6.2 TOUR SPEC X
SLDR TP 14.5*, 19* VC7.2 TOUR SPEC X
TM TP CB 3 Iron, MC 4-6,  MB 7-PW  DGTIX
xFT 52, 56 DGTI S400
Titleist GOLO 7 Dual Balance
TOUR PREFERRED X, PROV1x

#85 Mat905s

Mat905s

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21064
  • Handicap:+2.8
  • Ebay ID:mat905s
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi Bruce,
Can you provide the weight of the upcoming Niion colored grips? Especially the Blue with yellow pattern.

Thanks!

Edit: same thing for the Patriot Z Grip!

Edited by Mat905s, 13 November 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#86 brucemiller

brucemiller

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi guys. I will answer these in the order received:

Matt: Regarding the white end caps: yes, they most certainly do get contaminated faster than a black cap. The reason we went with a white end cap was pretty simple: when TOUR players use the product, we want that product to be recognizable as Golf Pride. Thus the white paint fill and end cap. An all-black grip would simply blend into the crowd and our strong TOUR usage would be of no benefit. That's main reason. You ask if consumers have complained about the end cap getting dirty? Sure. But not many. Most realize anything white will pick up contamination quicker than dark colors beit shirts, slacks, gloves, etc. Throw in bag rash and the caps will pick up smudges. No way to avoid that. Does it affect performance? Not at all. Did we make the end caps white on purpose in some attempt to get people to regrip more often? Absolutely not, lol. Purely an attention grabber and nothing more.

Coachmeup: Off the top of my head, I would agree you need a full cord model grip to manage that humidity and moisture. Nothing will beat a full cord in wet conditions. My first recommendation would be to try the Z-Grip Cord. The firm compound and coarser cord will combine to create a very effective defense against mositure. That's what the cord does in reality. It absorbs the moisture which helps you grip the club. Not sure what to make of the cloth lining or true cord comment. All cord is a textile material. This cord is more substantial than the BCT cord. If you are looking for a "less aggressive" feel, try the Tour Velvet BCT Cord. Perhaps a hybrid grip in the MultiCompound could work. All-weather performance in the top portion and softer rubber in the lower part combine to create an excellent grip. The VDR is very nice, and the multitude of texture allows moisture to escape the surface of the grip and reduce slippage. But if I was playing in those conditions, I'd have the Z-Grip Cord or Tour Velvet BCT Cord on my clubs.

Jaeuine: Thanks for the nice comments on the Tour Wrap 2G. It will be available in a blue next year. They look really cool. No yellow.

YoungWaldo: Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I was the same way. Grew up playing the Victory grip. Then the Tour Wrap, then Tour Velvet. Somebody here in Pinehurst asked me how many times I have regripped this year. I thought about it and calculated it was roughly 2-3 times per month minimum. So somewhere between 20-30 times. But not because I play so much! Just trying different grips to better understand grip performance.

Mat905: All Niions will be 60R and 51 grams. The Z-Grip Patriot is 60R and 49.5 grams.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the novel.

Bruce

Edited by brucemiller, 13 November 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#87 coachemup

coachemup

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20316

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for your repsonses Bruce

What i meant by cloth is that the linings seem to be thinner and not as coarse in their structure.  I have tried almost all of the grips you mentioned and none of them give me the same "traction" as say an old corded victory from years back.  I wish I could give you a better description of the feeling that translates into my hands, but that is the best I could come up with.  Sorry!!!

#88 matt1152

matt1152

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125680
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostBall.Go.Far., on 13 November 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

View Postmatt1152, on 12 November 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

I probably clean my grips more than average (every week or 2ish) but if i give them a while between cleanings the very bottom around the hole will get a little dirty.  Warm water and a quick rough up with a brush and they look and feel brand new again.  I got them in June and I think they are "wearing in" nicely. I like them more as cord gets exposed more.

Thanks for the input Ball.Go.Far. - looking forward to trying them :)

View Postbrucemiller, on 13 November 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hi guys. I will answer these in the order received:

Matt: Regarding the white end caps: yes, they most certainly do get contaminated faster than a black cap. The reason we went with a white end cap was pretty simple: when TOUR players use the product, we want that product to be recognizable as Golf Pride. Thus the white paint fill and end cap. An all-black grip would simply blend into the crowd and our strong TOUR usage would be of no benefit. That's main reason. You ask if consumers have complained about the end cap getting dirty? Sure. But not many. Most realize anything white will pick up contamination quicker than dark colors beit shirts, slacks, gloves, etc. Throw in bag rash and the caps will pick up smudges. No way to avoid that. Does it affect performance? Not at all. Did we make the end caps white on purpose in some attempt to get people to regrip more often? Absolutely not, lol. Purely an attention grabber and nothing more.

Coachmeup: Off the top of my head, I would agree you need a full cord model grip to manage that humidity and moisture. Nothing will beat a full cord in wet conditions. My first recommendation would be to try the Z-Grip Cord. The firm compound and coarser cord will combine to create a very effective defense against mositure. That's what the cord does in reality. It absorbs the moisture which helps you grip the club. Not sure what to make of the cloth lining or true cord comment. All cord is a textile material. This cord is more substantial than the BCT cord. If you are looking for a "less aggressive" feel, try the Tour Velvet BCT Cord. Perhaps a hybrid grip in the MultiCompound could work. All-weather performance in the top portion and softer rubber in the lower part combine to create an excellent grip. The VDR is very nice, and the multitude of texture allows moisture to escape the surface of the grip and reduce slippage. But if I was playing in those conditions, I'd have the Z-Grip Cord or Tour Velvet BCT Cord on my clubs.

Jaeuine: Thanks for the nice comments on the Tour Wrap 2G. It will be available in a blue next year. They look really cool. No yellow.

YoungWaldo: Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I was the same way. Grew up playing the Victory grip. Then the Tour Wrap, then Tour Velvet. Somebody here in Pinehurst asked me how many times I have regripped this year. I thought about it and calculated it was roughly 2-3 times per month minimum. So somewhere between 20-30 times. But not because I play so much! Just trying different grips to better understand grip performance.

Mat905: All Niions will be 60R and 51 grams. The Z-Grip Patriot is 60R and 49.5 grams.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the novel.

Bruce

Bruce, no apologies needed.  Your willingness to respond with the extent of a "novel" - in all its detailed care - is pretty awesome actually.  In terms of your answer to my question, I sincerely appreciate the thoroughness, and moreover, the honesty.  As I said above, I can't wait to try the Z-GRIP's, while becoming more frequent with the TLC toward them - in the interests of better aesthetics as well as performance.  Thanks again :)

#89 Vian

Vian

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115952
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

That "Masters" whiteout just came out of nowhere !!
Nice..
Waiting for the black MC too..
Keep up the great work !

Edited by Vian, 15 November 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#90 nickc445

nickc445

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275
  • Ebay ID:kyh445
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Mr. Miller,

Thank you for giving us a chance to ask questions.  I appreciate your participation here.

I've played most of my golf without a glove.  Thus, I prefer the cord style grips.  Note --- Always Golf Pride for me since I was a kid.

I swtiched from the Tour Velvet Cord to the New Decade a couple of years ago.  Then a month ago, I decided to test out the Z Grip Cord.  So far, so good.

My one request, please --- a midsize version?

I have a lot of difficulty with installers using different varities of tape and it becomes an "art" to build up the grip to a consistent feel throughout a set.

(Of course, if I could discipline myself to go learn how to install myself, I'd only have myself to blame then!)

Thanks for any consideration.

Nick

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors