Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

who likes rap music?

184 replies to this topic

#91 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostBigDave11, on 03 November 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

They blend hip hop/rap with jazz.

Did you ever listen to guru's jazzmatazz, Dream Warriors, or one ofmy favorites, Digable Planets?

Super good intelligent jazzy hip hop

Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#92 sharks25

sharks25

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194266
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Kinetics and One Love is probably my favorite duo right now. In case you guys didn't know, he wrote the chorus for BOB's airplanes. Hugely underrated artist. Sign Language is one of the strongest sings I've ever heard, it can bring goosebumps to you.
Besides him I'm listening to:
Logic
Yonas
XV
Mike stud (frat rap)
Dylan Owen
Timeflies
Army of thePharaohs
Wax (sorta joke music)

#93 prestiege

prestiege

M to the I to Z to the UNO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88848
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

makes u wonder what 2-pac would be today, he changed the face of rap in his time and i think he still would be no. 1 today as he could of changed the face multiple time as he was that good and would be able to adapt no matter what.  busta rhymes flipped the face of rap in his time and is still going.  i listen to all kinds of music, rap to metal as well. my wife doesn't understand how i can enjoy 2 totally opposite types of music as she cant stand neither but lately these days in age i still listen to rap but i pay more attention to the music than the lyrics and  i think 2 pac would outdo Jay Z any day of the week if he were still around.  rap like old school tribe called quest made sense, rap now a days doesnt make any sense.  there are tons of cool beats out there but the artists preach garbage.

Edited by prestiege, 03 November 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#94 iH83Putting

iH83Putting

Whiskey Tango Fox!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94591
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

View Postprestiege, on 03 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

makes u wonder what 2-pac would be today, he changed the face of rap in his time and i think he still would be no. 1 today as he could of changed the face multiple time as he was that good and would be able to adapt no matter what.  busta rhymes flipped the face of rap in his time and is still going.  i listen to all kinds of music, rap to metal as well. my wife doesn't understand how i can enjoy 2 totally opposite types of music as she cant stand neither but lately these days in age i still listen to rap but i pay more attention to the music than the lyrics and  i think 2 pac would outdo Jay Z any day of the week if he were still around.  rap like old school tribe called quest made sense, rap now a days doesnt make any sense.  there are tons of cool beats out there but the artists preach garbage.
The one freaking thing you capitalize in your whole write up is Jay Z?  That was a tough read!
Driver: Ping I20 9.5*, VTS Silver 7x
FW: TaylorMade R11 15*, Tour AD QT
Driving Iron: TayorMade RBZ 3i
Irons: Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-Pw
Wedge: Vokey Forged 52*&56*,SM4 60
Putter: Odyssey WHP #9

#95 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postfore_life, on 03 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

80's: Rakim
90'S- Guru from Gangstarr
00's- LMNO from Visionaires
10's- Why?

Beats produced by premier and I'm set.
Agree Dj premier is best of all time! Him and guru were such a great combo, I think mass appeal has one of the awesomely beats of all time.

#96 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Agreed MackDaddy.

Did you listen to that Group Home track I posted? One of the best beats premier made.

As far as the super group, how could I have forgotten RZA 36 chambers era and prince Paul.

Gravediggaz first album is incredible.
Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#97 ahopkins13

ahopkins13

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191924
  • Ebay ID:hopkinschevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Im surprised NWA isnt getting more love. One of my 1st CD's was Easy E's greatest hits. still a favorite.

Beastie boys stuff is great too, just hate they got kinda political.

Snoop dog, and Dr. Dre.

For a good throw back Tone Loc.

#98 bk4

bk4

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11166
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

View Postfore_life, on 03 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

80's: Rakim
90'S- Guru from Gangstarr
00's- LMNO from Visionaires
10's- Why?

Beats produced by premier and I'm set.
I'm not at all a hip-hop guy, but I am a big fan of Why?.  I spent a lot of 2005 listening to Elephant Eyelash.  I do like a good bit of stuff Anticon has put out, especially Baths and Clouddead.

#99 PedronNiall

PedronNiall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135461
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hot fiyah straight off the presses:

#100 Son_of_Sahm

Son_of_Sahm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204145
  • Ebay ID:Pillboxer
GolfWRX Likes : 394

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

NWA, Easy, Ice Cube, Rakim, Too Short, some TPac...

Not my forte as far as music goes though...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#101 Yanki01

Yanki01

Drive for Show..Putt for Dough

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58157
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

ohhhh the glory days.

eminem (some of it )
2Pac
The Notorious BIG
Dr. Dre
Eazy E
Snoop Doggy Dogg
Warren G
NWA
Bone thugs-N-Harmony
Cypress Hill
Beastie Boys
Wu-Tang Clan
Geto Boys
A Tribe Called Quest
TM Burner Superfast TP 10.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 15* Project X 8C4
Titleist 910F 19* Project X 8C4
Titleist AP1 4-GW Rifle 5.5 Flighted
Titleist Vokey 54* & 58* Spin Milled
Scotty Cameron Red X5 -- Pro V1
WITB Link

#102 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143353
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

The words rap and music should never be used together. It is NOT music, it should be named CRAP.

This phenomenon that is "mostly" performed by African Americans (but certainly not exclusively) is most definitely not an "art form" and most certainly not "music".

The African American performers who came out of Motown in the '50's, '60's, and '70's made some GREAT music. Barry Gordy was largely responsible for their success.

I've got my flame suit on because some of you will undoubtedly label me a racist. I can assure you nothing is further from the truth. I just don't like CRAP, no matter who performs it.

#103 sharks25

sharks25

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194266
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostJim Clark, on 07 November 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

The words rap and music should never be used together. It is NOT music, it should be named CRAP.

This phenomenon that is "mostly" performed by African Americans (but certainly not exclusively) is most definitely not an "art form" and most certainly not "music".

The African American performers who came out of Motown in the '50's, '60's, and '70's made some GREAT music. Barry Gordy was largely responsible for their success.

I've got my flame suit on because some of you will undoubtedly label me a racist. I can assure you nothing is further from the truth. I just don't like CRAP, no matter who performs it.
The thread is titled "who likes rap music". If you don't like it, don't comment. simple as that.

#104 Jim Clark

Jim Clark

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143353
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

View Postsharks25, on 07 November 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

The thread is titled "who likes rap music". If you don't like it, don't comment. simple as that.

Point taken. But I felt the need to comment and offer an opposing view.

#105 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Jim Clark is a white devil.

Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#106 PedronNiall

PedronNiall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostJim Clark, on 07 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

View Postsharks25, on 07 November 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Point taken. But I felt the need to comment and offer an opposing view.
Feel free to add constructive criticism if you like; what you posted, however, is pure ignorance in every way. Just a helpful hint: If you find yourself needing to mention that "some people might think I'm racist" or anything along those lines then you probably are a racist. I'd even give you a little weight if you'd said that mainstream rap in general lacks depth but you clearly haven't delved into the subject to understand that there are most certainly differences between what's on the radio most of the time and what most of us who really enjoy rap and hip-hop find of interest.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#107 Son_of_Sahm

Son_of_Sahm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

View Postfore_life, on 31 October 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Even though I mostly listen to punk and death metal...

I forgot to mention, the Beastie Boys, who started out as an HC band.  Since you mentioned punk,  "Holly Snapper" is the epitome of the NYHC sound...

#108 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostSon_of_Sahm, on 07 November 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postfore_life, on 31 October 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Even though I mostly listen to punk and death metal...

I forgot to mention, the Beastie Boys, who started out as an HC band.  Since you mentioned punk,  "Holly Snapper" is the epitome of the NYHC sound...

Love NYHC!

I've got an original misfits concert poster from new yours with misfits, necros, and beastie boys when they were straight up hardcore.

Sahm, have you ever listened to Candiria? Check them out, so awesome!
Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#109 Son_of_Sahm

Son_of_Sahm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Wow, nice on the poster.

I used to collect/sell/trade old and rare punk records back in ebay's heyday....

I've gotten rid of most of my punk records, but I use to own all of the original Misfits 45s, Necros first lp, Beasties "Pollywog" 45, SOA, SSD, FUs, etc...  I still have a few that I couldn't part with, but I don't spin them often anymore.  Past 1985, I'm not too familiar with, unless your talking garage punk...

Anyways, I'm getting a little excited here and hijacking the thread.  Apologies.

#110 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

While its true that their are more blacks in the rap scene than white, I completely disagree with you when you say it is not a form of art and music. Rap has to be one of the toughest genres to write music for, with all the rhymes, internal rhymes, metaphors and such. Considering it is good rap of course. Your argument is invalid.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#111 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

this is what i think about every time i see this thread at the top of the 19th hole.

#112 Boogaloo_Jones

Boogaloo_Jones

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83989
  • Handicap:17.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1043

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Yup...definitely not racist...you were probably gonna say "I'm not racist!  I have 1 black friend!"...smh.

There's different types of artistic expression.  Hip hop/Rap is one form.  R&B is another, so is country, so is house/dance.  Just cause you dont like it doesnt mean its crap.

**edit** after reading it more, your post is probably a troll post so now I feel even dumber for answer it.

Edited by ionakana511, 09 November 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#113 bogeycentral

bogeycentral

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149515
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Rap as a whole has changed so much from where it was to now. Some of the new stuff belongs in the dance clubs only and is garbage. Have to love the old school stuff and anything Too Short.

Enjoy Listening to:

Easy E
Scarface
N2Deep
Too Short
Jadakiss
Tupac
Warren G
Rappin 4 Tay
Coolio
Nate Dog

#114 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

LEDLIYLBSIWB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
GolfWRX Likes : 1132

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

What about
Vanilla Ice
Fresh Prince
Spice Girls
Taylormade SLDR Kiyoshi
Taylormade SLDR 3W
Taylormade UDI
Callaway Apex Pro 4-A
Titliest Vokey SM5 54 & 60
Bettinardi BB1F

#115 PedronNiall

PedronNiall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 November 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

What about
Vanilla Ice
Fresh Prince
Spice Girls
Don't hate. "Summertime" was the jam.

#116 rorycaldog

rorycaldog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211091
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Raekwon the chef and big L are sick

#117 Sidetracked

Sidetracked

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137827
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Eminem and all of Slaughterhouse (Joe Budden, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, Royce) all day!
Always Under Construction
Raw Vokey Wedges 50, 55, 60

#118 PedronNiall

PedronNiall

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Budden is garbage. That is all.

#119 Sidetracked

Sidetracked

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137827
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostPedronNiall, on 24 November 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Budden is garbage. That is all.

haha are you serious? Why hate on him? He's probably my favorite. His songs are deep.
Always Under Construction
Raw Vokey Wedges 50, 55, 60

#120 BENNYSUPREME

BENNYSUPREME

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37544
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Man, no love for Out Kast, Twista and the one people may laugh at me for Timbaland and Magoo and ludacris.

How about T.I.,  Trick Daddy or Ice Cube.  

How about just straight club baggas.  LIL Jon.

How about some of the little bit older ones like Kurupt and Canabis, Too Short and KRS One

Got to throw Big Daddy Kane, Common and Scarface out there also.

I have never really been a fan of Nas, not even when he was trying to battle JayZ.

I guess I will throw Eminem out there since my Ipod is full of him.

On the IPod I think I have every album of Mr. West"Kanye" also.

Man the more I go through this IPOD the more I realize I way behind in the music because I really don't have anything new on it.  Probably not missing much either though.

Adams Tour LS 9.5(10.5*) w/DI6x
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-PW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 converter
52*/56*/60* 2 Dot Cleveland Reg 588 CBs
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors