Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

uPro MX+ price drop! Is there replacement info?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hyolee

hyolee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3709
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

uPro MX+ price drop in all major retailors.  any info on new replacement GPS?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 crazygolfnut

crazygolfnut

CrazyGolfNut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3580
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

I wonder if they are going to have a new model or just get out of the gps business.  I purchased one and do not like it and it sits in the basement.  If Callaway comes out with a new one, I will look at it but it will take a lot to get me to purchase another Callaway.
Ping Driver G25 - 9.5
Callaway XHot fairway woods
Titleist 710 AP1 irons - 6 to GW
Titleist Vokey wedges SM5 56s & 60m
Callaway HEX Chrome Yellow
Rife Mid Mallet 400 w/ SuperStroke 3.0

#3 chas521

chas521

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52886
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

View Postcrazygolfnut, on 27 October 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

I wonder if they are going to have a new model or just get out of the gps business.  I purchased one and do not like it and it sits in the basement.  If Callaway comes out with a new one, I will look at it but it will take a lot to get me to purchase another Callaway.

+1  I feel the same way about the mx+ except that mine sits in the closet.  I use my Garmin Approach G5 instead.  I like it MUCH better.

#4 Smpear

Smpear

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139765

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wow $100 off is a big drop. Must not be selling well at all. I really like my original uPro G1 and do not think I would care for a touch screen version anyway. Hope they continue to support their GPS's.

#5 hyolee

hyolee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I too hope Callaway will keep their GPS units.  Their GPS is very small and user friendly.

#6 inthefairway

inthefairway

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90812
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

It would seem like a new model would come out and It doesn't surprise me having a sale on a GPS unit, seeing in most of the country it will be winter soon!!!  I have the original Upro MX and still enjoy it very much!!!!!!

#7 Smpear

Smpear

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139765

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Found these words in their latest quarter earnings report (Oct 25). "and began transitioning to a third party based model for our GPS business."

Very little to go on but to me it sounds like they are staying in the GPS business but maybe just buying someone elses GPS and slapping their name on it. Thought they were already sort of doing that. They could be talking about their Rangefinders also.

#8 hyolee

hyolee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Good find Smpear.  I hope they will release more info soon on their new GPS unit so I can make dicision on new GPS for next year.

#9 buttuh

buttuh

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66596
  • Ebay ID:goonies2000
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Rebranded Garmin GPS.  Just a guess, don't quote me on that.

#10 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Handicap:6.4

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

View Postinthefairway, on 03 November 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

It would seem like a new model would come out and It doesn't surprise me having a sale on a GPS unit, seeing in most of the country it will be winter soon!!!  I have the original Upro MX and still enjoy it very much!!!!!!
Same here, I have used mine 2-3x a week for the last year+ and still love mine. After they got the bugs worked out and released the MX+ software this unit is - IMO - the best on the market when you combine features, price, size etc.

I'm sure SkyCaddie makes a great product but I compared the MX to a buddies yesterday and man it is HUGE in comparison.

Just me - my opinion, as always - your mileage may vary.

SLDR 9.5 - Speeder Tour Spec 7.2 X
X2HP 15* - Aldila Tour Green X
TM UDI 1 iron - CTaper Lite
TM SLDR 4-PW - Steelfiber 95s
Cleveland RTG 52*/56*/60*
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 1W 36"
TM Tour Preferred

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 chas521

chas521

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52886
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Is it only me or do others think that the mx+ sleep issue is a big problem and a major PITA?

Edited by chas521, 05 November 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#12 smackygolf

smackygolf

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9577
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostSmpear, on 03 November 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Found these words in their latest quarter earnings report (Oct 25). "and began transitioning to a third party based model for our GPS business."

Very little to go on but to me it sounds like they are staying in the GPS business but maybe just buying someone elses GPS and slapping their name on it. Thought they were already sort of doing that. They could be talking about their Rangefinders also.

Close. they will be letting someone else slap the Callaway name on it, and Callaway will get some of the cash. Just like the Nikon rangefinders branded "Callaway." For one, it makes me happy. Fix your hardgood problem and quit worrying about the other crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors