Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Indoor Putting Surface Carpet

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 NilesRx

NilesRx

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103607
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

I am installing a 13' x 13' putting room in my basement.  Wondering if any of you have recommendations on where to buy some good putting turf.  I currently have a smaller putting surface with purchased turf but is a little grainy.....sort of like putting on bermuda.  I am from the upper midwest accustomed to smoother bent surface....11 or so on the stimp.  Not going to be chipping...just putting.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 sheppy335

sheppy335

TMAG Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

you can google it and it will give you a list of companies.
TM R1 TP 10.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM RBZ Tour 13 Matrix Xcon 7
TM RBZ Tour HL3 17 UST V2
TM R11 4-pw Project X
TM xFT TP 50, 54, 58 DG Spinner
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

#3 Acurro1

Acurro1

2011, 2012 & 2013 Golf Digest Best Fitters in America

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199078
  • Ebay ID:Tony_cur

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Birdie Ball sells real nice custom cut putting surfaces.  Check it out at birdieball.com

#4 NilesRx

NilesRx

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103607

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postsheppy335, on 26 October 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

you can google it and it will give you a list of companies.

I know...I have been. I have purchased some in the past that I wasn't happy with.  Just wanted some input from someone who has found a product that they were happy with.

#5 CCUgolfer23

CCUgolfer23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185402
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Birdie Ball is the best indoor putting green if you are on a budget.

Titleist 910 d3 oban devotion 6 04 flex
Titleist 910 15* motore speeder vc 7.1
Titleist 910 19* pink bimatrix xstiff
Titleist 704 5 iron/6-pw 670 mb KBS tour
Ping gorge 51, tour s 55/59
Scotty cameron Red X
WITB Link

#6 QCart

QCart

Advanced

• 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132576
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

I just ordered a 4 x 9 birdieball green with a couple of  extra's (rubber trim, extra sub-base) today based on what you guys said about it.  I paid around $175 with shipping.  The price is was very budget friendly, especially when compared to some others I've researched.  Can't wait to try it out, I hope it lives up to my expectations!

#7 Redpro

Redpro

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostQCart, on 27 October 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

I just ordered a 4 x 9 birdieball green with a couple of  extra's (rubber trim, extra sub-base) today based on what you guys said about it.  I paid around $175 with shipping.  The price is was very budget friendly, especially when compared to some others I've researched.  Can't wait to try it out, I hope it lives up to my expectations!

How is it working out? I've looked at them and am wondering how it rolls, etc. Thanks!

#8 QCart

QCart

Advanced

• 352 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostRedpro, on 18 November 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostQCart, on 27 October 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

How is it working out? I've looked at them and am wondering how it rolls, etc. Thanks!

It rolls great!  I ordered the medium speed which seems a little faster than most of the greens I play on.  Thank goodness I didn't order the fastest.  If I had to do it all over again, and I would, I would get the Bi-directional option so I could have the medium and slower speeds on it.  

I have it in my garage which is a great place for it (also motivated me to finally clean it up!).  I say it's great for the garage because while it is no means "bad" looking or anything, it is not likesome of the way more expensive, and better looking alternatives.  It is made of foam, so when you step on it, it does give under your feet, although it comes back up in all of a few seconds.  I would also definitely suggest the double base, as it makes the holes deeper.  I think it would be pretty annoying if I ordered it without because the holes would be about as deep as coaster.  I've also read reviews where some folks complain about that part.  While the double base is no regulation cup, it does provide enough room for the ball to fall in without coming out about 95% of the time.

Bottom line:
The thing rolls GREAT!
The price is GREAT!
Without a doubt my putting and confidence has improved.
It is fun, sometimes I get "stuck" in the garage longer than my family would like

So the looks, and construction while not top of the line, have been easily outweighed by the positives that I've experienced.

I'd be interested in hearing if you pull the trigger, and what your thoughts were on it.  Remember, I purchased this with the main priority of finding something affordable.  If I had a bigger budget, say around $1200, instead of $180, I would have gone with a Tourlinks or equivalent.  But for $180, it's Awesome!

P.S.
If you do order it, make sure to read everything on the web page, they offer a free upgrade to a bigger size, but you have to write "upgrade" or something in the comments section.  I almost submitted the order, and barely caught that.  That would have made for a different review as I think that part is stupid.  They should just give the straight up prices, and cut all this smoke and mirror B.S.!!  The damn things are always on sale, and they always offer the so called free upgrade!

#9 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116097
  • Ebay ID:NostraDEIMOS
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I posted a Groupon deal for Birdieball in the Deal or No Deal section if you were thinking of going that route.. it's $20 for $40 worth..

http://www.golfwrx.c...ieball-groupon/

#10 blindwillie

blindwillie

Tour Winner

• 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50691
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Love my "Little Murph" by truline greens.  Have it set up in my office on carpet with my SAM PuttLab.  Great, smooth roll

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 PuttingDoctor

PuttingDoctor

The Putting Doctor

• 2,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70135
  • Ebay ID:The Putting Doctor
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postblindwillie, on 19 November 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Love my "Little Murph" by truline greens.  Have it set up in my office on carpet with my SAM PuttLab.  Great, smooth roll

I use Truline Greens material on my platform and in my bus.  Great stuff in two different speeds.

#12 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Check local Craigslist for remnants of synthetic turf

#13 QCart

QCart

Advanced

• 352 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Sam Puttlab at the house.......SWEET!

Do you use it often?

Edited by QCart, 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#14 blindwillie

blindwillie

Tour Winner

• 591 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostQCart, on 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Do you use it often?

Haha. Not at the house. Marriage would be over :).  I have it in my office and use it with my clients or anyone else interested in a fitting. It's a great machine!

#15 QCart

QCart

Advanced

• 352 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

View Postblindwillie, on 19 November 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

View PostQCart, on 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Do you use it often?

Haha. Not at the house. Marriage would be over :).  I have it in my office and use it with my clients or anyone else interested in a fitting. It's a great machine!

Ha!  That's what happens when the wife is in the background chirping at me to get off that stupid golf website, and come eat dinner with the family.  Man!  I was sitting at dinner thinking that you were my new idol, and how could I convince her how a SAM Putlab in the garage would be fun for the entire family!

Edited by QCart, 20 November 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#16 blindwillie

blindwillie

Tour Winner

• 591 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

No question its fun.  I wont lie.  I find myself playing on there more than I should :)  Ive made a lot of positive changes to my putting stroke based on what Ive learned on the SAM

#17 Tallen01

Tallen01

Advanced

• 405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123397
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

My two cents:  I have the birdieball and love mine.   I got the two speed version--fast one way, normal the other.  4 x 22.  I ordered it during a sale, plus used a coupon, so that size was like $165 shipped I think.  I use it a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors