Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Scotty Cameron GoLo S - Custom Shop Order

Scotty Cameron GoLo S Custom

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205919
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

I've decided to start a new topic regarding an order that i just placed for a Scotty Cameron GoLo S putter, ordered from Golfsmith via the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop.  First i'll explain how this all came to be, and If any one has any questions or feedback i'd like to hear it.

To start off I should mention that i have 3 putters (in the order of purchase):
- Odyssey 2-Ball Black series white hot insert 36" extended from 34" with a Winn Mid size grip
- Odyssey DART Mid length 45" (extended from 43") MetalX insert with a Winn 17" belly putter grip
- Scotty Cameron GoLo S Mid 45" (custom ordered to length)

I putted with the 2-ball for years and had good results.  With this being said, with all the buzz on tour, I decided that i wanted to experiment with belly putting.  I bought the Belly Putt extension and experimented with that for a few months, after which i bought the Odyssey DART mid length.  After less than spectacular results with the DART i decided I needed to get rid of the DART.  I found the size of the mallet to big and akward which really didn't suit my back swing and subsequently degraded my ability to control the weight of my putts.  I was inspired by my ability to put the ball online, so decided to invest in a Scotty Cameron GoLo Mid S (which has a much smaller head and completely different fell to the DART).  

I've been playing with the GoLo S Mid and Odyssey 2-Ball for a while now and i've come to these conclusions.  1. The belly putter is a great training tool (i.e. my putting with a standard length putter has gotten better since i started belly putting).  2. The belly putter allows me to putt the ball on line easily and has produced excellent results on short make-able putts.  3. For me distance control with the belly putter remains a significant problem.  With all this being said, I recently decided that I will once again commit to using a standard length putter.

After trying the GoLo Mid putter for a while i found that i really like its feel and design so i decided to order a new one in standard length (from golfsmith) and have it customized by the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop then sent to me.  My plan will be to sell the DART and keep my old 2 ball as a standard length backup and also keep the GoLo Mid as a second putter (i really do like the belly putting for training and I could see myself trying it again).

So what i did was:
- Create a custom order on the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop which gave me a custom order number
- Order the putter from Golfsmith, then request that they ship it to the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop with my Custom Order number displayed on the outside of the box\
- Once the order shipped i sent the tracking number to the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop and told them that it was on its way, and after less than a week they confirmed that they have received it and its being customize (expected to take 20 days) before they send it to me.

So this is where i stand now.  any questions or feedback please let me know..

Stay Tuned...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 schuyler

schuyler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118929
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Really great idea of sending it straight to custom shop, that had never occurred to me. What are you having done?

#3 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

View Postschuyler, on 13 October 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Really great idea of sending it straight to custom shop, that had never occurred to me. What are you having done?
Ya.. you know the thing was that i called the custom shop and they recommended that i get the putter from my local titleist distributor, however i saw the putter i wanted for a better price at golfsmith. Golfsmith did a good job getting the package out with the correct information on the label and it was received by the custom shop in less than a week.  if you're going to do this, make sure to create the order on the Scotty Cameron Custom shop first, then you can have your custom shop order number written on the shipping label so that the custom shop knows who it belongs to when they get it.

With regards to what i'm having done.

Technically:
to start with the putter i ordered is the GoLo S, 34" which comes with 2 x 15g weights.  I'm having the putter reshafted to 36" and i'm having the lie changed from the default of 71 degrees up 1 degree to 72 degrees.  I"m installing 2 x 10g weights installed which with the 36" length will translate to a swing weight around E3

Aesthetically
Color scheme is red, black and white.  Dots on the back, black, red and white.  Adding a sight dot black.  Stamping my initials on the front of the putter.  New weights will be engraved (1 junk yard dog, 1 grinder happy face).  I also added a scotty cameron custom shop stamp the bottom of the putter.  Grip was changed to the red/white custom shop mid size.  head cover i changed to the custom shop black/yellow GoLo.  I also added the new aluminum shaft band that was just released.

I purchased the weight removal tool and i found out that it is possible to request them to paint the original weights if you order another set.  So I will have 2 x 10 that i ordered and 2 x 15 original which will allow me to experiment without affecting the color scheme.  I was really undecided on what weights to get so hopefully i like the way the putter feels when i get it.

Edited by colin_ba, 15 October 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#4 kekoa

kekoa

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Just curious how much you will have into the putter once done?

Also, are u sure they will give u the stock weights back even tho u are also buying the 10 grams?

#5 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

View Postkekoa, on 15 October 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

Also, are u sure they will give u the stock weights back even tho u are also buying the 10 grams?
I bought the putter for $349 on Golfsmith.  
Custom Shop work is $380
Total $729 plus the cost of shipping the putter back to me.

The cost of custom shop work depends on what you want.  for me i paid for the following:
- $30 Stamp my initials on the face
- $30 for the sight dot
- $45 re-shaft
- $22 Custom shop grip
- $44 Silver shaft ring
- $30 Custom shop stamp
- $72 Custom Shop head cover
- $65 additional weights, engraved
- $42 weight removal tool

If you are interested in seeing how much the various custom shop options cost, you can go to the Scotty Camerone website and click Custom Shop >> Options.

I have confirmed with them that they will return an paint the original weights.  In fact i purposely ordered the 34" putter so that i could get the 15g weights to give me a heavier option when i get the 2 x 10g engraved weights.  Obviously i will only be able to tell for sure when i get the putter back, so i'll let you know then.  FYI if you re-shaft or re-grip a putter, they clearly state on their site that they DO NOT return shafts or grips.  I understand that they will return the original head cover as well.

Edited by colin_ba, 15 October 2012 - 01:21 AM.

#6 MG 1977

MG 1977

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42445
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

I've just purchased the GoLo S today, it's a great looking and feeling mallet putter. The deep milling really seems to grip the ball and creates a nice roll. The problem I see with how you have done it is that your gonna loose a brandnew shaft and grip. If you would have purchased the putter yourself you could have pulled the shaft and grip before sending it off to the CS, that way you could have recouped some of your out lay on the putter/work. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

#7 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostMG 1977, on 17 October 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I've just purchased the GoLo S today, it's a great looking and feeling mallet putter. The deep milling really seems to grip the ball and creates a nice roll. The problem I see with how you have done it is that your gonna loose a brandnew shaft and grip. If you would have purchased the putter yourself you could have pulled the shaft and grip before sending it off to the CS, that way you could have recouped some of your out lay on the putter/work. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Glad to hear that you like your GoLo and good observation about the shaft/grip. i did consider trying to recover them for backup however due to the fact that i live Thailand it was simply not feasible. i would have either had to pay for Golfsmith to send the club to me (duty and freight) pull the shaft then send it back to the US.  or Iwould have had to buy it in thailand, pull the shaft and pay to ship it to the us, which is not ideal since the putter sells for about 100 dollars more here. Another thing to take into account is that when the order arrives at the Custom Shop there should be no delivery charges or they may not accept the putter and shipping from thailand i was concerned that there might be duty charged to the custom shop upon arrival. so long story short it just did not make any sense for me to try to save the shaft/grip.
i am really excited to see how the order turns out as well. By the way is it straight forward pulling the shaft out of the GoLo S head?? any experience with that??

#8 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116097
  • Ebay ID:NostraDEIMOS

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

figured I'd post here rather than starting a new thread..

I just got my Golo back from the CS today and other than the sight dot that you chose, I pretty much had the same things done to mine..

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 thejuice

thejuice

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Gorgeous!!!
Callaway OptiForce 440 Diamana S+ 62
Testing: Nike CT 2.0 w/stock KK
Nike CT 2.0 3 wood
Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-P KBS Tour S
Cobra Trusty Rusty 51* and 55*
PING Piper TR adjustable

#10 MCCA

MCCA

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2694
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Putter looks great, too bad the CS could not do something about hiding that serial number.With you new Shaft Band.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Your putter looks Sweeet-asss..
How do you like the Pistolero grip?? I decided to go with the Custom shop (White/Red Midsize) because I like larger grips and was not sure if the Pistolero would be big enough for me.. I'm considering changing to a Pistolero in the future as i'm not really a fan of how the Custom Shop grip looks, though i'll see when it arrives.
Can you send a picture of the whole putter?? Looks like one weight is engraved with the JYD, what is the other weight??
What length, lie, loft did you get??

#12 schuyler

schuyler

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118929
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostMCCA, on 31 October 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Putter looks great, too bad the CS could not do something about hiding that serial number.With you new Shaft Band.

I think they do that so it can be easily authenticated, if he ever wants to resell it or something.

#13 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Your putter turned out great Nastro! I really like the shaft band, did the custom shop paintfill it?
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
TEE XCG7 15
TM R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#14 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

View Postcolin_ba, on 31 October 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

How do you like the Pistolero grip??
Can you send a picture of the whole putter?? Looks like one weight is engraved with the JYD, what is the other weight??
What length, lie, loft did you get??

I think the Pistolero grip is okay.. The only reason I chose it was because this was my first time sending a putter into the CS and I wNted every new option that they released, haha.. Both weights have the JYD (which I chose because I have 2 dogs), and I have the grinder stamp in the center back cavity.. As for l/l/l, I got 33", 68, and 3.. I'll take a picture of the whole thing when I get a chance

PZero.. Yeah, the CS were the one to do the paintfill.. I don't have an ounce of artistic talent (or even golf talent, haha) to do that

My buddy pointed out to me that with the shaft ring, they took the "Made To Play" sticker and Authenticity sticker off the shaft.. I kinda wished they at least kept the Authenticity sticker on there, but I guess it's too late now

#15 timbo08

timbo08

Major Winner

• 1,113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Wow that looks awesome....I have been trying to give myself reasons not to pull the trigger on a GoLo but after seeing that combo, it is pretty hard to hold off.  The blue just pops so much on the black, especially on the face.  Think I might see an early Christmas present to me from me in my not so distant future.

#16 Threesofar

Threesofar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207263
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

I sent in a putter for custom work earlier this year.  I had different weights installed along with some other work.  I asked them to paint the original weights the same color and return.  They were in the box when the putter came back.  They were the correct color.

#17 Bagz

Bagz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175862
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Is that all translucent blue or some royal blue as well?

#18 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Hall of Fame

• 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 2862

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if the CS will re-shaft a Newport 2 Belly with a standard length shaft?

#19 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostBagz, on 02 November 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Is that all translucent blue or some royal blue as well?

You're right, I chose translucent blue, royal blue, and black.. the letterings on the face, the 2 stripes on the sole, and the sight line were done in royal blue

#20 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostThreesofar, on 02 November 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

I sent in a putter for custom work earlier this year.  I had different weights installed along with some other work.  I asked them to paint the original weights the same color and return.  They were in the box when the putter came back.  They were the correct color.

Confirmed.. they returned my original weights, and painted them the same as the custom weights that i had installed.. pictures coming soon..

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Does anyone know if the CS will re-shaft a Newport 2 Belly with a standard length shaft?
I actually had this idea as well.  After using my GoLo S Mid for a while, i liked the head but wanted to move away from the belly style of putting (distance control remained an issue).  My original custom plan was to pull the belly length shaft out of my GoLo S Mid head, send the head in to be customized, and then have them install a standard length shaft.  I was going to do this because they state that they will not return shafts or grips and shipping the head alone is apparently significantly cheaper than shipping the full putter.  I called the custom shop and asked them if they could execute this plan and they told me that due to the weight and design of the head, this was not possible and therefore I bought another standard length GoLo Mid S which i had customized. Looking at the putters now side by side, the heads look almost identical though the Mid size head has a thicker top line and is surely heavier.  For my Center/Straight shafted model, the diameter of the shaft which goes into the head looks to be the same on both models.  therefore, it leads me to think that other than the weight of the head they should have been able to convert it because the connection between the shaft and the head look to be the same.  In the end I'm glad that i kept my 45" belly putter as a back up/training putter, however i'm still not sure why they said that it was not possible to convert it.  What you may want to do is contact the custom shop and have a chat with them regarding your specific conversion plan and your specific putter.  The custom shop contact details are as follows:  Email: customshop@acushnetgolf.com  Phone: (760) 591-9720 (8am-5pm PST).  Let us know how it goes and if you're able to do it.  If i keep dropping putts with my GoLo I may buy a KBS Black Nickel Shaft and try to reshaft my belly putter to standard length myself.

#22 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

My Custom Shop Scotty Cameron GoLo S, arrived at the end of last week.  

Here are a few pictures of the final product:

Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (1).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (2).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (3).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (4).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (5).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (6).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (7).JPG
Scotty Cameron GoLo S - CABA (8).JPG

Overall I am extremely happy with the putter as well as my experience with the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop.  The quality of the work done on the club head is excellent and i think that this putter is something i can be proud of for years (as long as it makes putts of course).

Pros:
  • They absolutely nailed the requested color scheme (i specified exactly how I wanted the colors distributed and they got it all right).
  • The length and lie of the putter (36", 72*) is perfect and the weight feels excellent.
  • My original weights (2 x 15g) were painted red as requested so if i want to 'weight up' the the putter sole looks basically the same.  I purchased the weight removal tool and have been able to swap my weights back and forth.  At first the weights fit very snugly and i had to be careful that i didn't cross thread them (probably due to new o-rings and new threads) however after swapping them a few times they go in and out more easily.
  • The custom shop stamp on the sole (toe) and my initials on the face look excellent.
  • The milled sight dot looks good and helps me to align my ball without distracting from the flow of the putter.  I was concerned that adding a sight dot, might take away from the look of the putter, but i think having it done in black adds a bit of functionality without taking away from the flow.  With the center shafted GoLo I noticed that I had a tendency to address the ball slightly towards the toe and the sight dot helps me to address and strike it dead center.
  • The aluminium shaft ring looks sweet.  My shaft does not have a serial number like the one shown by "NostraDEIMOS".
  • Adherence to schedule and shipping - The custom shop quoted 20 days for custom work and exactly 20 days after they received my putter (from Golfsmith via FedEx), the Custom Shop shipped my putter back to me via FedEx and provided the relevant tracking information.  The putter arrived (in Bangkok) less than a week after they shipped it.
Cons:
  • I was told that custom shop orders came with the Scotty Cameron oil rag however mine did not.
  • The Shaft band that i chose was the shaft ring (which obviously has no place to write the length, loft, lie and swing weight of the putter).  So I asked the custom shop if the could write my putter specs on the putter some how (perhaps by using a standard made to play shaft band).  They said that each putter comes with only one band so they could not accommodate my request.  Fair enough,  so i asked them if they could at least weigh the putter and write my swing weight some where so that i knew if it was close to the E3 weight that i expected, however they told me that they do not weigh putters.  Seriously?? The custom shop does not have a scale or swing weight balance?? This is a small issue but this seems a bit petty of them.  I did after all spend 300+ dollars to doll up my putter, asking them to weigh the putter seems like a relatively small request.
  • About the only thing i'm not pleased with is the grip that i got (Custom Shop White/Red - Mid Size). I some what expected that I would not like the grip when i ordered it, but i chose to select it any ways because i wanted to get a custom shop exclusive grip rather than one of the more plain grips which i expected might actually feel better.  I selected this custom shop grip because it was was mid size and i felt that it best fit my putter's color scheme.  The red writing on the grip eliminates the feel on that part of the grip and i think looks a bit too gaudy.  I've been playing Winn Excel Midsize putter grip previously, and the custom shop grip is one of the worst feeling grips i've touched in a while. In fact, the same day that I received my putter, I purchased a new grip from eBay (the one that i was going to originally order).
2010CSgrip_WhtRed.jpg
  • the Junk yard Dog and Grinder engravings on the weights is hardly visible as they were painted in solid red.  I was aware of this before i placed the order, but due to the custom shop only allowing me to select 3 colors i had no other option.  I wanted the dots in red, white and black so i had to choose one of these 3 colors.
Over all great experience and I'm super happy with my putter.  It feels awesome, and looks really really good.  I have ordered the Scotty Cameron Baby T Grip Mid size for $48 from eBay and look forward to installing it as soon as it arrives.

1_2010GripDncSCBabyTRedMidSz.jpg

Edited by colin_ba, 05 November 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#23 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Your putter looks great, glad you have a good experience with them. It's a shame about the grip you ordered. The previous CS grips were much, much better and by far better looking.
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
TEE XCG7 15
TM R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#24 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

that turned out great.. I didn't know about the oil cloth, but mine didn't come with one

#25 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Your Golo is stainless steel, so there is no oiling necessary. I've never sent anything into the CS, but I'd imagine only carbon steel putters would come back with an oil rag.

#26 Vian

Vian

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115952
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Good to know about that custom grip..

#27 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

View Postcolin_ba, on 15 October 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

I bought the putter for $349 on Golfsmith.  
Custom Shop work is $380
Total $729 plus the cost of shipping the putter back to me.

The cost of custom shop work depends on what you want.  for me i paid for the following:
- $30 Stamp my initials on the face
- $30 for the sight dot
- $45 re-shaft
- $22 Custom shop grip
- $44 Silver shaft ring
- $30 Custom shop stamp
- $72 Custom Shop head cover
- $65 additional weights, engraved
- $42 weight removal tool

If you are interested in seeing how much the various custom shop options cost, you can go to the Scotty Camerone website and click Custom Shop >> Options.

I have confirmed with them that they will return an paint the original weights.  In fact i purposely ordered the 34" putter so that i could get the 15g weights to give me a heavier option when i get the 2 x 10g engraved weights.  Obviously i will only be able to tell for sure when i get the putter back, so i'll let you know then.  FYI if you re-shaft or re-grip a putter, they clearly state on their site that they DO NOT return shafts or grips.  I understand that they will return the original head cover as well.

wow.....my whole bag was like $1100, and that's with a custom milled putter. holy crap dude.

#28 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostScotty1140, on 07 November 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Your Golo is stainless steel, so there is no oiling necessary. I've never sent anything into the CS, but I'd imagine only carbon steel putters would come back with an oil rag.
For those who don't know this is the oil cloth that i'm talking about.
http://www.scottycam...cessories/33700
1_OilCloth.jpg

A few points about the missing Oil Cloth:
  • I was only expecting the cloth after watching other un-boxing videos/articles where other customers  have received it along with their stainless steel custom shop putters.
  • This is not a deal breaker rather more of an observation.  After all, the cloth can be purchased for $6.95 on the Scotty Cameron website.  For me, I already have a couple of SC Oil Cloths, that I've kept since purchasing my first SC putter.
  • According to the link to the oil cloth above, the last point states that stainless steel putters should be wiped with such a rag to prevent rusting. Point #8: "Scotty's Stainless Steel putters are extremely durable and should not rust under most circumstances. However, if left wet, nearly every type of steel can rust. Simply wiping your putter down after each round will ensure that it will be around for your grandkids."

#29 colin_ba

colin_ba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

View Posthebron1427, on 07 November 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

wow.....my whole bag was like $1100, and that's with a custom milled putter. holy crap dude.

Haha..  I'm not sure if there is anything in Scotty's Universe that could be considered a 'value purchase' (i.e. $125 ball markers, $200 club head covers, $70 grips, etc.)..

I had this purchase in mind for a while so once i decided on the model and specs i wanted, I took out my Visa, closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.. No regrets for me, but i do agree it's more of a luxury purchase..  After all, the putter plays exactly the same regardless of any paint-fill or stamping..

BTW i like your bag.. It looks really solid.. I'll have to do a WITB some day if i ever get around to it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors