Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Leupold bad customer service

18 days

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 uscjg

uscjg

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66922
  • Ebay ID:premierindustries
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

So I have a gx-3i that is about 6 months old.  All of a sudden it doesn't work at all.  I have tried changing the battery but no luck.  

I call and they tell me how surprised they are, as this never happens.  Then they proceed to tell me just to mail it with a return address.  No RA#, no reference, just mail it in and wait.  I ask how long for repair and replacement and they tell me 18 business days.

Is it just me that thinks it's unacceptable to have to wait almost a month to have something fixed that I spent $400 on less then 6 months ago?  Anyone deal with them before and have any suggestions.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 oldpalchamp

oldpalchamp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2386
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

I had a GX-1 that stopped working after a few years.  It was out of warranty, but I called anyway and they said to send it in.  I sent it back to them with a note referencing our conversation.  When they received it they said that the cost of repairing it was higher than the replacement cost.  They offered to replace it at the employee price.  I declined and purchased a Bushnell.  Lo and behold, 2-weeks later, a brand new GX-1 showed up at my house.  Needless to say, I was very surprised.

#3 BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger

I am a horrible golfer but I like Beer!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,915 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73088
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

I've only dealt with Leupold once. It was a pleasant experience. I bought a GX3 and hated the magnetic case. Rangefinder fell out of it a few times while carrying my bag. I called them and they sent me the bungee cord case like the GX1. Happy as a clam.
10.5* PING G30 Tour 65 Stiff
15* RBZ Matrix Ozik 7/S
18* RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S
23* PING G25 TFC-189 Stiff
PING G20 5-LW CFS Stiff Black Dot
34" Bettinardi Studio Stock 15

#4 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

No personal experience with them but 3+ weeks does seem a bit long to me.  I'd expect a couple weeks to be a reasonable time but turn-around time is always going to depend on how backed-up the service dept is.  It also could be that the people answering the phones are trained to give the 'worst case' answer but I don't know for sure.

Edited by Stuart G., 09 October 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#5 SHIVAN

SHIVAN

Major Winner

• 3,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113964
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Leupold has some of the best customer service in the optics industry, be thankful you didn't break a Bushnell.  You might be looking at 18 WEEKS...

Edited by SHIVAN, 09 October 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#6 rlheiman

rlheiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11035
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

So it sounds like they are going to fix it for free, that doesn't sounds like bad customer service.  They probably gave you the worst case scenario turn around time.  I'd mail it in and get it fixed.

#7 deukee

deukee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56684
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I have had an issue with Bushnell range finder and got the same customer service.
I was told to just send it in and they will inspect and try to fix it.  If not, they will try to sell you another one at discounted price.
I don't see the point of manufacturer's warranty if they can't support it or fix it.

#8 asm11

asm11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121139
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

FWIW, I just had a great experience with Leupold.  I sent in my GX4 (out of warranty) because it wasn't working.  I just received a brand new GX4, approximately 2.5 weeks later, at no cost.

#9 nitram

nitram

Take Dead Aim

• 3,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Handicap:+1.4
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Having dealt with both Leupold and Bushnell for several years, I can honestly say they both are reputable and may I say "top-notch" U.S. businesses. I realize you are inconvenienced by the loss of your RF for almost three weeks but the longer you delay, the longer its gonna take. Just send it in. I'll be disappointed if you're not pleasantly surprised.
SLDR 430 JDM 10* Matrix TP6HD
Stage 2 Tour TP 3W Matrix TP7HD
Stage 2 Tour TP 2-3H Matrix Altus 85
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-P DGTI X100
Miura 1957 C57/Y53 DGS400
Kenny Giannini G-5

#10 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

Golfiopath

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Handicap:~10
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postrlheiman, on 09 October 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

So it sounds like they are going to fix it for free, that doesn't sounds like bad customer service.  They probably gave you the worst case scenario turn around time.  I'd mail it in and get it fixed.

This is the pleasant version of my thoughts.

Cleveland Classic XL
Ping i15
Titleist Vokey
SC Futura Phantom
Callaway Super Soft
Sun Mountain Four 5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 keithu2

keithu2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113578
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Postasm11, on 23 October 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

FWIW, I just had a great experience with Leupold.  I sent in my GX4 (out of warranty) because it wasn't working.  I just received a brand new GX4, approximately 2.5 weeks later, at no cost.

Same here!  Sent my GX1 in on 10/9/12 and received a replacement yesterday.
Almost makes me want to upgrade to a GX3.

#12 Openwater22

Openwater22

Major Winner

• 2,009 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78259
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

FWIW, bought a GX3i yesterday and it malfunctioned right out of the box. The quik set menu will not display. Gonna try to demand a store exchange. If not, anything longer than a 7 day turnaround will not be acceptable customer service
Cobra Bio Cell+ RT Technologies Ares LT
14* Yonex RT Technologies Ares LT
Miura 20*and 24* Fuji Fuel R
Yonex iezone forged 4 thru PW Modus 120
Betti Triple Black BBZero Dass
Miura series 1957 49* Y, 53*Y,57*C

#13 LittleBigDog

LittleBigDog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208511
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostSHIVAN, on 09 October 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Leupold has some of the best customer service in the optics industry, be thankful you didn't break a Bushnell.  You might be looking at 18 WEEKS...

X2 . . . Leupold is known for their great service. Any little thing goes wrong with a rifle scope for instance and they fix or replace for free. Super good on service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors