Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

SkyCaddie Breeze - need subscription after 30 days?

skycaddie breeze gps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Waingawa

Waingawa

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98902
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

So am I right in thinking that you still have to pay an annual subscription after 30 days to access the various courses?

This thing is basically a dumbed down SGX that you can pay to upgrade to being the same as an SGX?

Thanks

Kevin

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 WeekendHacker

WeekendHacker

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1746

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I just spoke with SkyGolf Support and they confirmed that the subscription model is still applicable to the Breeze.  It bums me out as my SGX wont hold a charge so I guess I will look @ the Garmin & Golf Buddy offerings this srping.

#3 dbdors

dbdors

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139771
  • Ebay ID:dbdors
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostWeekendHacker, on 08 October 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I just spoke with SkyGolf Support and they confirmed that the subscription model is still applicable to the Breeze.  It bums me out as my SGX wont hold a charge so I guess I will look @ the Garmin & Golf Buddy offerings this srping.
I just replaced my 1 year old SG5 for a Garmin Approach G6.  I haven't had a chance to play a round with it, but just tryng it out I can say it is sweet.  Really love the simplicity, most importantly, after 1 year I resented having to pay a fee while other GPSs didn't require one.

I also like the maps.  I play a local 9 hole course.  The maps on the Garmin are great, but on the SG5, there were just distances, not hole maps with other details.

I'm going to be happy with the Garmin.  I'm glad I cut the fee tie.

#4 theozbc

theozbc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208403
  • Ebay ID:theozbc

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I can't believe SkyGolf will be able to charge fees forever as so many other companies don't charge an annual subscription.  Got my hands on a UPro MX+ and will work to get used to it.  The SGX is a nice device, but $30 every year for a one state subscription is no longer an option with so many devices out there without a yearly fee.

Edited by theozbc, 23 October 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#5 kchuckb

kchuckb

kchuckb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73159
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

I agree that the fees suck. I got rid of my SG5 because of the fees. I just saw the Breeze yesterday in the TGW catalog and liked the simplistic concept, but paying after 30 days i'm not into. I'm out.

Ping G30 10.5
Ping G25 4 wood
Ping G25 20 hybrid
Ping G20 4 iron, Ping G15 5-SW
Ping Karsten TR B60
Ping Gorge 58 WS

#6 Fore Triple Bogey

Fore Triple Bogey

Fore Par

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66160

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

I know this is an old topic but I just got off the phone with Sky Caddie.  There is a $20 PER YEAR fee just to use the technology but other than that you do not need to pay a penny more.  It is a neat unit - reminds me a lot of when golf logix used to produce units before going all smart phone technology.

#7 slightdraw

slightdraw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76522

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Correct, just for 30 days.
It is amazing to me that they can still charge so much for annual subscriptions. I think even like $60 per year depending on where you play?
Here is a chart of fees, and it looks like the Breeze is one of the highest.
http://www.criticalg...ice-cost-price/
The upro mx+ mentioned above is in the middle of the ranking of price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors