Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

let's talk action movies

155 replies to this topic

#31 isaacbm

isaacbm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76094
  • Handicap:+2-3
GolfWRX Likes : 597

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

You want Gary Bussey?  How about Under Seige?  When he's dressed up in drag and disputing his negative psych profile he gets this look on his face that you know is not acting.  It's just Gary being Gary.

Easily the most watchable Segal movie too.   And Tommy Lee Jones as a bad guy is pretty good too.  The best is when you read the script, Tommy and Segal are having a conversation and then the script says:  " And then a knife fight erupts between them"   Erupting knife fights make for good viewing.....

I actually can't turn away when that one comes on.

"well, I mostly cook...."  classic!

Good strip tease jumping out of cake scene too.

Also:

Big trouble in little china is in my top 3 for sure....

Newest die hard is pretty funny.

Face off is a train wreck but after watching it I can't help but stare in the mirror brushing my hand down my reflection to comfort myself....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 PaddyK

PaddyK

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121204
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

for shear body count alone you have to think about from paris with love.

#33 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Remo Williams?  I'm sorry, but any movie with 1) Wilford Brimley, 2) a Caucasian man dressed up with a lot of makeup to make him look Asian, and 3) a fight scene on the statue of Liberty has got to count for something
Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#34 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 5050

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

View Postbogeyk, on 09 October 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

How about Con Air?  "Why couldn't you put the bunny back in the box?" was a great(cheesy) line by Cage in a horrible accent. Dave Chappelle was in it for a brief spell too.  Buscemi as the freaky cannibal was spot on as well.  

The Rundown with The Rock was pretty good too.  I wouldn't say top 5 worthy, but entertaining none the less.

The rundown was sneaky good i'll admit. And then after he made "walking tall" i really expected big things from the rock. But he wasted 10yrs making disney movies before hooking up with the F&F franchise. Unless you want to count the very average "Faster"

Rundown gets serious points for having Christopher Walken do Christopher Walken things....

"I feel like a little boy who's lost his first tooth, put it under his pillow, waiting for the tooth-fairy to come. Only two evil burglars have crept in my window, and snatched it, before she could get here... Wait a second, do you understand the CONCEPT of the tooth-fairy? Explain it to them... Wait. She takes the god damned thing, and gives you a quarter. They've got my tooth. I want it back."
Cobra Amp Cell w/Fujikura Fuel 8.5
Cobra Amp Cell w/Fujikura Fuel 13
Callaway Xhot Pro 16 w/PXV
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Odyssey Tank #7

#35 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52319
  • Ebay ID:highergr0und0
GolfWRX Likes : 758

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

I think Transporter gets extra credit for being so cheesy in today's Bourne / Taken world where everything is so serious.  I mean Transporter 2 with the girl in lingerie shooting up the doc's office?  Then the bungie cord steel spike wall fight?  Then surviving a plane crash into the ocean by timing a jump?  Not to mention that his car never shows damage......  classic 80s in the 2000s.  Crank is another one.....  let's just face it.  Statham is the man.  If anyone else tries to make a cheesy action movie like that, it's straight to DVD.

Now I'm gonna go out on a limb and mention one of, if not, the cheesiest awesomeist action movies ever....   The Big Hit.  Marky Mark before he transformed into a "serious" actor.....  gymnastics / breakdancing shooting bad guys.  Double crosses, cheesy dress.....  Rolling down a staircase with his neck on one bannister and legs over another while shooting.  Driving a car backwards and shooting, then off a cliff only to land on a tree.....  Barely passable acting, loads of decent lines.  Definitely could go on for a while with that one.  I mean the 2:30 trailer below could get the movie onto the top 10 list....

Edited by highergr0und, 10 October 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#36 Myherobobhope

Myherobobhope

hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138522
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

The Big Hit is amazing...

If i ever get permission to build my home theater from the wife, I'm going to host a bad action movie night every month.

#37 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1282
  • Handicap:16.1
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

I am surprised no mention of HEAT,  one of the best gun battles of all time.  A more recent one I thought was an excellent action flick with a bit of humor was The A-Team.  I was really impressed with that one.  Here are some of my favs

The Expendables
Under Seige 1
Rambo 5
Bloodsport (You say Tanaka is your Shadoshi...then show me the Du-mak....WHAT THE HELLS A DOOOO MACK?)  lol
Callaway RFE 9.5* Fubuki Alpha 70X
Callaway RFE 16.5* 4 wood UST Tour 86gr
Callaway X2Hot 19* * & Hogan CFT 21*
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW KBS Tour
YES! Tracy
Vokey 52.08 & 58.08

#38 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

A-Team would be in my personal top 5....  I insisted on seeing it the day it came out and sat through the whole thing with a big stupid grin on my face.  It's the only movie that lives on my phone.  A lot of it is nostalgia though, but you gotta admit that flying the tank was an AWESOME SCENE as was the whole opening 20 minutes with the barrel rolls in the helicopter.

HEAT gets big credit for having some great scenes, but overall it's a little slow moving.

#39 ben w

ben w

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106447
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

if you love action movies, check out some of Chow Yun Fat's foreign movies. Hard Boiled will get you started. You're welcome!
Ping G15 9* RIP alpha 60X
Nike SQ-Dymo 15* YS7+ X
910H 19* NVH 95 S
I20 4-UW S300 & MP33 3-PW X100
33" SC Newport 2
Scratch 53* DS & 58* DD S400

#40 sharkiesj

sharkiesj

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6582
GolfWRX Likes : 211

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostOrangeCrush, on 10 October 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

I am surprised no mention of HEAT,  one of the best gun battles of all time.  A more recent one I thought was an excellent action flick with a bit of humor was The A-Team.  I was really impressed with that one.  Here are some of my favs

The Expendables
Under Seige 1
Rambo 5
Bloodsport (You say Tanaka is your Shadoshi...then show me the Du-mak....WHAT THE HELLS A DOOOO MACK?)  lol

I thought about adding Heat to my list but to me , it doesn't fall in the action category, more like CopS/Robbers drama.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#41 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • 12,540 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Smokin' Aces probably should at least get a mention. It is actually fairly entertaining. Has the Ray Liotta quality actor factor. Jeremy Piven in his full Jeremy Piven goodness. And serious over the top characters and action.
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Odyssey Tank #7

#42 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 1961

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostMtlJeff, on 10 October 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Smokin' Aces probably should at least get a mention. It is actually fairly entertaining. Has the Ray Liotta quality actor factor. Jeremy Piven in his full Jeremy Piven goodness. And serious over the top characters and action.

Smokin aces is pretty awesome, I'll second that.

#43 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1289

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Broken Arrow anyone? Christian Slater and Travolta go head to head in an awesomely bad movie.
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
TEE XCG7 15
TM R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#44 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Speaking of christian slater.

Does robin hood prince of thieves count? That's actually a very watchable movie.

#45 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Does robin hood prince of thieves count? That's actually a very watchable movie.

I always get that one confused with Robin Hood Men In Tights.  Love me some Mel Brooks movies, but that's a different thread...

"Did you say Abe Lincoln?"

"No, I said Hey Blinkin"

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#46 isaacbm

isaacbm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76094
  • Handicap:+2-3
GolfWRX Likes : 597

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Posthighergr0und, on 10 October 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

I think Transporter gets extra credit for being so cheesy in today's Bourne / Taken world where everything is so serious.  I mean Transporter 2 with the girl in lingerie shooting up the doc's office?  Then the bungie cord steel spike wall fight?  Then surviving a plane crash into the ocean by timing a jump?  Not to mention that his car never shows damage......  classic 80s in the 2000s.  Crank is another one.....  let's just face it.  Statham is the man.  If anyone else tries to make a cheesy action movie like that, it's straight to DVD.

Now I'm gonna go out on a limb and mention one of, if not, the cheesiest awesomeist action movies ever....   The Big Hit.  Marky Mark before he transformed into a "serious" actor.....  gymnastics / breakdancing shooting bad guys.  Double crosses, cheesy dress.....  Rolling down a staircase with his neck on one bannister and legs over another while shooting.  Driving a car backwards and shooting, then off a cliff only to land on a tree.....  Barely passable acting, loads of decent lines.  Definitely could go on for a while with that one.  I mean the 2:30 trailer below could get the movie onto the top 10 list....

My favorite part of this trailer is around 1:46 where they say" from the team that brought you face off and broken arrow...."   As if that's not the best endorsement in the history of the world!!

#47 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • 12,540 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostPZero, on 10 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Broken Arrow anyone? Christian Slater and Travolta go head to head in an awesomely bad movie.

Broken Arrow!

"you are out of your mind"
"yeah.....ain't it cool!"

3 words= Howie friggin' Long
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Odyssey Tank #7

#48 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

"Could you please not

View PostMtlJeff, on 10 October 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostPZero, on 10 October 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Broken Arrow!

"you are out of your mind"
"yeah.....ain't it cool!"

3 words= Howie friggin' Long

"Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons?"
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
TEE XCG7 15
TM R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#49 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • 12,540 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postchickenpotpie, on 10 October 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

View PostThrillhouse, on 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

I always get that one confused with Robin Hood Men In Tights.  Love me some Mel Brooks movies, but that's a different thread...

"Did you say Abe Lincoln?"

"No, I said Hey Blinkin"

"man i hope we be gettin a video of this"
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Odyssey Tank #7

#50 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83757
  • Ebay ID:Pudgelewis
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostMyherobobhope, on 09 October 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

We've gotten this far and no one has mentioned Big Trouble in Little China?

Actually, let's discuss Kurt Russell:

3000 Miles to Graceland - Good horrible action flick.
Sky High - I actually really enjoy this.
Escape from New York/LA: f*** and Yes.
Tombstone: I will be your huckleberry.
Captain Ron: This movie is terrible. Why did I put this on the list?
Backdraft: Intense movie... I should re-watch it.
Overboard: He builds a mini-golf course!

And another movie that needs to be discussed/added... Point Break.... which is basically the metric on which the category should be judged.
Nudity: Please and Thank You.
Violence: Gunfights with drug dealers, fights with surfers (who are also drug dealers), and skydiving fights with bank robbers.
Great Dialogue: I am an FBI AGENT.
Patrick Swayze: Yep.

Shouldn't Tango & Cash be mentioned?

As for True Lies, I had a crush on Jamie Lee Curtis for a while after that one.

Under Seige (seriously! Although I was young when I saw it and may be giving it too much credit) and The Rundown were both very good.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#51 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Anything with the rock

End thread

#52 highergr0und

highergr0und

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostThrillhouse, on 10 October 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Anything with the rock

End thread

Tooth Fairy?

#53 Myherobobhope

Myherobobhope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Anything with the rock

End thread

The Rock was great! Nic Cage at his finest.

#54 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostMyherobobhope, on 11 October 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Anything with the rock

End thread

LOL. He was referring to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, not the movie.
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
TEE XCG7 15
TM R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#55 Myherobobhope

Myherobobhope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostPZero, on 11 October 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostMyherobobhope, on 11 October 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Anything with the rock

End thread

LOL. He was referring to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, not the movie.

Nope.

Also, how do canadians feel about "Sudden Death"? Shouldn't it be a national treasure?

#56 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Did you guys ever see escaping the game starring ice T?

It's awesome. Ice T plays this homeless guy who these rich guys hire to go hunting with them. Turns out they want to hunt and kill ice T in the wilderness. So they give him like a 30 minute head start and then they go hunt down "the most elusive beast of them all - man". Anyhoo ice T gets a hold of a crossbow (or something) and winds up killing the rich guys and walking out of the forest, thus, as the title foreshadows, he literally "escapes" "the game".

#57 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 11 October 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

It's awesome. Ice T plays this homeless guy who these rich guys hire to go hunting with them. Turns out they want to hunt and kill ice T in the wilderness. So they give him like a 30 minute head start and then they go hunt down "the most elusive beast of them all - man". Anyhoo ice T gets a hold of a crossbow (or something) and winds up killing the rich guys and walking out of the forest, thus, as the title foreshadows, he literally "escapes" "the game".

It IS a good movie. More Gary Busey, too!  Think it's called The Game, though, isn't it?

Correction, it's called Surviving the Game.

Edited by Pudgelewis, 11 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#58 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostPudgelewis, on 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

It IS a good movie. More Gary Busey, too!  Think it's called The Game, though, isn't it?

Ahhh, surviving the game.

I didn't remember Gary busey at all, nice catch!

#59 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 11 October 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostPudgelewis, on 11 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Ahhh, surviving the game.

I didn't remember Gary busey at all, nice catch!

Not sure I did either until I got to thinking about it.  One movie I wouldn't mind watching again.

#60 Myherobobhope

Myherobobhope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

I've seen it... I thought it was some other movie at the time, and my 13 year old self rented it for boobs (I think). It was a disappointment in that regard.

I remember the last guy dies because Ice T jams up his gun, and he doesn't verify it is clean...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors