Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 4 votes

The OFFICIAL PING Anser Driver Fitting & Review Thread

178 replies to this topic

#1 HipCheck

HipCheck

#TechnologyAndStuffing

• Marshals
  • 5,268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

A few weeks back, we asked for GolfWRX members to apply to test one of 3 new Anser Drivers and share their experience with the membership.  We received hundreds of applicants, but ultimately could select only three.  They are:
  • gunner22
  • Floycota
  • joeclothing
This thread will be used for the testers to give not only a review and ongoing feedback on the Anser driver, but give you insight on the PING fitting process.

Let's keep this thread open until the reviewers start posting and then feel free to comment!

Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Gunner22

Gunner22

If you don't like the weather in New England, wait 5 minutes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125938
  • Ebay ID:jimgarcia51694
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hello WRX.  A few weeks back, I was lucky enough to be selected as one of the PING Anser driver testers on behalf of PING and WRX.  So first and foremost, I want to thank both PING and WRX for the great opportunity to do so.  I appreciate very much.

When I came home from work this past Thursday afternoon, my Anser driver was sitting on my doorstep courtesy of PING.  I am wicked excited to get on the range for a few sessions, and on the course with it over the next few days here for some New England fall golf so that I can provide a proper review and some adequate feedback on PING’s newest creation. Since I won’t have my full review done for at least a week or so, I wanted to share my in initial fitting experience with WRX because it was truly awesome and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about doing so.

First off, the guys from PING are great and are obviously exceptionally committed to ensuring that I had the best fitting experience as possible based on my interactions with them.  After a few emails and calls back and forth and swamping of schedules, Mike from PING was nice enough to set my fitting up at a private country club, Clinton Country Club, in Clinton CT.  It was about an hour drive for me from Rhode Island, but well worth it the short trip.  When I arrived at the course for my fitting, the club pro was awaiting my arrival.  He showed me around the club briefly, grabbed me a few Gatorades, and then took me over to the very well kept range.  I was thirty minutes early for the fitting, so the pro told me that I could hit as many balls as I wanted to while I waited for the PING van to roll up.  There were about 15 mini PING staff bags on the range filled with balls waiting there to be sent on their way.  After about twenty minutes of warming up, the PING van pulled up.  There were two PING fitters there ready to go so we got started early which is always nice.

The head fitter’s name was Jeff and from the very beginning, I could tell he knew his stuff.  While Jeff set up the launch monitors and synced his iPad to them, he asked me to take a few swings with my current driver – 8.5* Titleist 910 D2 with an Oban Devotion 04 Stiff 65g.  Even before the monitor was up and running, Jeff said that based on my tempo and swing speed, he could already tell I was probably creating way too much spin with my current setup and losing distance as a result / exaggerating my bad swings.  And he was right.

Once Jeff got the monitor up and running, I hit ten balls with my D2, and sure enough, I was spinning the ball at about 3200-3600 RPM’s w/ an average distance of about 277.  Most of the balls that I hit had a slight high cut on them, as always, and 7/10 ended up in the “fairway” that we created on the range between a few of the flagsticks a couple hundred y