Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Orlando Arnold Palmer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 denzgolf

denzgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90955
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

A group of us are visiting Orlando in November, what would be the chances of going to Bay Hill golf club and meeting Mr Palmer?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.0
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1218

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Typically you can't play BayHill unless your staying there , have special circs or are a guest.

As for Palmer , I've never seen him there, out and about , when there's no tourny, event or....something going on.

So I guess..... slim. :)
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#3 MikeMcM

MikeMcM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179288
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

If it's November(he resides in Latrobe in the summers) and he's in town, you'll see him out on the range before noon as he warms up for his daily shootout. He eats breakfast and dinner in the lodge most days, but as mentioned above you need to stay at the Lodge to play the course.

#4 TaylorC8

TaylorC8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124970
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Was just there a couple of weeks ago.  didn't see him but was told now is when he usually returns from Latrobe.

#5 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

BIG K

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
GolfWRX Likes : 1776

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostMikeMcM, on 03 October 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

If it's November(he resides in Latrobe in the summers) and he's in town, you'll see him out on the range before noon as he warms up for his daily shootout. He eats breakfast and dinner in the lodge most days, but as mentioned above you need to stay at the Lodge to play the course.
Uber Fan, Stalker or hitman? That's funny that you have his daily schedule including what time he eats breakfast. ;)

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

#6 HitTheStick

HitTheStick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183666

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

I visited Bay Hill back in June, and Mr. Palmer had just gone back north. In talking with one of the bartenders, apparently when he is in town most of his time is spent at the club. The other thing I found interesting was his statement that when Mr. Palmer is in town, the club is busy. When he leaves, it's dead empty. It was empty when I was there....

#7 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

AKA Jay.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Handicap:+6.0
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1218

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostHitTheStick, on 16 October 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

I visited Bay Hill back in June, and Mr. Palmer had just gone back north. In talking with one of the bartenders, apparently when he is in town most of his time is spent at the club. The other thing I found interesting was his statement that when Mr. Palmer is in town, the club is busy. When he leaves, it's dead empty. It was empty when I was there....

True.  I play there a few times a year and outside of rhe member "groups", its usually wide open,  

Palmer seems to think of that place like his backyard garden or something. I dont think he wants many people in his yard.  

:)
RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

#8 denzgolf

denzgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90955
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Attached File  IMG_0496.jpg   98.62K   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0496.jpg   98.62K   9 downloadswent there last week and guess what we met the great man photo taken and autograph given what a true gentleman it was a privilege  and pleasure a once in a lifetime experience

#9 HitTheStick

HitTheStick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183666

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

How awesome that your wish came about. Great stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors