Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Motorola Motoactv golf

gps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chip-put

chip-put

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139989
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Afettr receiving the Garmin S1 as a gift, I found myself wanting for additional features. So, off i wnt to the local golf store and bought the Motoactv golf edition. In summary-- its outstanding.

The Motoactv is a bit larger-- so theer si a slight adjustment to it on the wrist, btu this takes just a few holes. The color touch screen, ability to keep score, monitor shots, and record club distances makes it far superior to the other wrist based GPS products. Whats great is that when u finish a round, you can download the data wirelessly via your home WiFi network -- which the watch aotomatically recognizes. All you data can then be assessed throught the internet.

Even more -- you can moitor many other excercises-- i.e. distance walked duriong your golf round-- making it a more complete product.

My only issue is that it takes a few minutes to find staillites and I have lost reception once during a round-- which can be annoying.

Overall two thumbs up!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Hakko

Hakko

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142691
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Sounded interesting, so I checked around a bit. Unfortunately, the Motoactv is being discontinued and support will cease in about 6 months. The good news: you can get them cheap. Motorola is selling the golf edition for $199.
Adams Super LS 9.5*, UST VTS Tour 6.2 S
Ping i20 15*, UST VTS Tour S
Titleist 910h 19*, Diamana Kai'li S
Ping i20 4-PW, KBS Tour S
Seemore M2, 36"
Scor 51*, 55*, 59*, KBS Genius 120g

#3 mizuno8

mizuno8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79106
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostHakko, on 26 October 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

Sounded interesting, so I checked around a bit. Unfortunately, the Motoactv is being discontinued and support will cease in about 6 months. The good news: you can get them cheap. Motorola is selling the golf edition for $199.

Can anyone confirm this news?
I did notice a price drop in the US to 180. In Canada they are still 300.
Does anyone know if there is an issue bringing it north of the border? (I.e. Registration issues/Account issues/Function issues? Similar to products like the Kindle Fire HD?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors