Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vegas question: Booking as a single

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PC51

PC51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203809
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Heading to Vegas for the first time in mid-November with my wife who's attending a national conference.  In the meantime I'm free for 3 rounds around LV, and I'm considering at least two at Paiute.  

As someone heading there as a single -- and someone unfamiliar with the golf scene in Vegas -- what's the best way to go about booking?   Should I call Paiute and see what they offer for someone looking to play 2-3 rounds, or should I just book on my own through a site like Golfnow?  I don't want to book one way and then find out I could have saved a nice chunk of change another way.  Also I'd like to have my tee times booked at least a week or two in advance just for planning purposes.

On a semi-related note, what's the latest I can tee off and expect to finish 18 at that time of year?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Golfinnova

Golfinnova

Paiute Snow Mountain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16582
  • Ebay ID:MdTerps1989
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

You can walk on as many people do at Paiute.  They will pair you up with another group!

What days are you looking at playing?  If it's a Friday or Sunday, I can hook you up with us and you'll only pay $65 tops.  You could start as late as 1:00 and be done before dark.

#3 PC51

PC51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostGolfinnova, on 22 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

You can walk on as many people do at Paiute.  They will pair you up with another group!

What days are you looking at playing?  If it's a Friday or Sunday, I can hook you up with us and you'll only pay $65 tops.  You could start as late as 1:00 and be done before dark.

Thanks.  My available days to play are Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll keep your offer in mind.  Thanks again.

#4 GrantGannon

GrantGannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191000

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

PC - You figure out what you're going to do yet? Also, what days are you going to be there? I'm there for a conference the 12-15, playing Friday the 16th.

#5 siemer5000

siemer5000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60066
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I would check on vipgolfservices dot com

I have used these guys several times to book tee times for a twosome or for myself as a single.  They know the Vegas golf courses very well and can give you lots of good advice too on how late you can expect to play, how fast or slow some courses are, etc.  

#6 sabram

sabram

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

I've never had a problem playing in Vegas as a single. Green fees often drop on Golfnow and other internet booking sites as you closer to the date of play. However, not all courses on Golfnow offers times for singles so you may need to book directly with a course.

#7 PC51

PC51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostGrantGannon, on 03 November 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

PC - You figure out what you're going to do yet? Also, what days are you going to be there? I'm there for a conference the 12-15, playing Friday the 16th.
  My available days to play are Friday/Saturday the 16th and 17th.  Still not sure what I'm doing.  Money's a little tighter after Hurricane Sandy here in New York so I might not have a car, and might just wait and see what the plans are once we get to town.

Edited by PC51, 09 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#8 cherokee8215

cherokee8215

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72469
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I use golfnow to get on courses by myself, though they often won't "break up" the foursomes and allow a single to book a spot in one until a day or so before the tee time. Usually the other 3 spots in the group end up getting booked by other singles I've noticed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors