Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

POLL: Inaugural GolfWRX / Golf Digest 'Season Opener' Tournament


213 replies to this topic

Poll: GolfWRX / Golf Digest Season Opener Tournament (565 member(s) have cast votes)

What month is best?

  1. February (69 votes [12.21%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.21%

  2. March (258 votes [45.66%])

    Percentage of vote: 45.66%

  3. April (238 votes [42.12%])

    Percentage of vote: 42.12%

What tournament format is best?

  1. Individual (159 votes [28.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 28.14%

  2. Team (126 votes [22.30%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.30%

  3. Either is fine (280 votes [49.56%])

    Percentage of vote: 49.56%

How important is cost of courses?

  1. Not very (let's go top shelf) (129 votes [22.83%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.83%

  2. Solid courses, not too expensive (420 votes [74.34%])

    Percentage of vote: 74.34%

  3. Value courses please! (16 votes [2.83%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.83%

What length should the trip be?

  1. 3 days (2 days golf) (322 votes [56.99%])

    Percentage of vote: 56.99%

  2. 4 days (3 of golf) (221 votes [39.12%])

    Percentage of vote: 39.12%

  3. 5 days (4 of golf) (22 votes [3.89%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.89%

What time of the week is best?

  1. Weekend (202 votes [35.75%])

    Percentage of vote: 35.75%

  2. Weekday (41 votes [7.26%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.26%

  3. Either or combo of both (322 votes [56.99%])

    Percentage of vote: 56.99%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Gripit_Swiftit

Gripit_Swiftit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135692
  • Joined: 08/08/2011
  • Location:Lake Minnetonka
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Is this happening?  If so, count me in.

Can I fly to Jacksonville and ride the short bus with PutterHo?  I'll pay for gas and big gulps.

G30, Paderson
Xhot Pro, Ahina 80X
Adams 9031 18, Epic HyX
Bridgestone J40 CB, Tour Issue X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58
Byron Morgan DH89 Custom

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#182 scttrmsy

scttrmsy

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210481
  • Joined: 11/08/2012
  • Location:San Jose, Ca
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postsomaplr, on 15 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Guys take golf too seriously around here to be involved in anything like that

Politics, religion and... golf?

#183 SheriffBooth

SheriffBooth

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 3,145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17355
  • Joined: 08/02/2006
  • Location:Raleigh, NC
  • Handicap:3.1
  • Ebay ID:yakima2k

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

View Poststage1350, on 07 November 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 06 November 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

View Poststage1350, on 26 October 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I do have an uncut XXX shaft with enough mass to get the stripper's attention... :rolleyes:

I'm rolling with you stage for sure!!!

The heat killed me in Dallas and I was having dinner with my grandson.  Otherwise, I would have joined Perry for an evening of cougar hunting.

I think we can bet that Myrtle in March or April won't be 110 in the shade, thank goodness.
TM R15 430 TP, Rogue Black 60 S
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* Aldila ATX Tour Green S
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 18* Hybrid, Aldila ATX Tour Green S
TM SLDR irons, 4-AW, DG XP S300 +1"
TM TP ATV 56* & 60* DG XP S300 +1"
Cameron Dual Balance Newport 2 38"

#184 TMBob

TMBob

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21998
  • Joined: 11/20/2006
  • Location:P Northwest
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 324

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Like what I see

#185 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostTMBob, on 15 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Like what I see

Me too, this will be great!!!


#186 lightningbolt444

lightningbolt444

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36801
  • Joined: 08/08/2007
  • Location:Raleigh NC
  • Ebay ID:lightning-JHR
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Really hope this happens short drive down from Raleigh.

#187 somaplr

somaplr

    Vaya con Dios, Brah

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187412
  • Joined: 06/19/2012
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1204

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Postscttrmsy, on 15 November 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

View Postsomaplr, on 15 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Guys take golf too seriously around here to be involved in anything like that

Politics, religion and... golf?


I take golf way more serious than politics

in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure no one is going to travel to play in some type of gimmicky format.

#188 fairwayhunter31

fairwayhunter31

    Yeah, thats us.....

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78688
  • Joined: 03/30/2009
  • Location:Blue Bell, PA
  • Ebay ID:golf.stuff.2k10
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Did anyone ever figure this out? Nail down dates? Location?
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5° / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661s
Callaway 2014 Big Bertha 15° / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757s
TaylorMade 2011 Rescue 20° / Grafalloy EPIC
Mizuno MP-H5 3i 21° / Project X PXi 6.5
Callaway 2013 X-Forged 4i-PW / Project X PXi 6.5
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind Slate 52° & 58° / Project X PXi 6.0
Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1w 34"

#189 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postfairwayhunter31, on 16 November 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Did anyone ever figure this out? Nail down dates? Location?

I don't think so.  If they don't solidify a date soon I will probably not be able to go unfortunately.

#190 jhscott1

jhscott1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65378
  • Joined: 09/10/2008
  • Location:Millington TN
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

This sounds like a great idea. Keep us posted when plans get more concrete.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#191 Imp

Imp

    Fueled

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
  • Location:SE Mass/RI
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1042

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Just saw this ... Myrtle waives resident restrictions for their annual pass for 2013. Might be worth it on some of the courses of anticipated play...

http://www.golfwrx.c...aived-for-2013/

--kC
(Disclaimer: I am not associated with the aforementioned company/pass provider/website. Information is provided as-is without warranty, implied or otherwise. May cause cancer, bleeding of the eyes, or overwhelming euphoria. Has been known to cause increased heart rate in laboratory animals. Use at your own risk.)
RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

#192 HackerDave

HackerDave

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57404
  • Joined: 06/06/2008
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm interested.   I'll continue to check in for dates.

#193 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

easyyy/hip,

Any progress on this endeavor?

#194 PutterHo

PutterHo

    We all have our vices.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67708
  • Joined: 10/16/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 571

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostGripit_Swiftit, on 15 November 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Is this happening?  If so, count me in.

Can I fly to Jacksonville and ride the short bus with PutterHo?  I'll pay for gas and big gulps.
If a date comes up and I can make it work that week, weekend, etc I'm driving the bus.  Though 60-65 mph can make for a long roadtrip when adding in the fun stops on the way.

#195 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 2,426 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:5.0

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

I would definitely vote for a scramble team tourney of some kind to keep everything fun.

If you have a group going, great. Otherwise whoever is running the trip could keep a list of singles/pairs (and their approximate indexes) to balance out the foursomes.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* Rogue Silver 60 X
Callaway Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX
TM Aeroburner Mini TP - Rogue Black 60
Adams Pro Mini 18* / Pro DHY 24*
TM SLDR 5-PW - Steelfiber 95s
TM XFT 50* - 56* - 60*
Piretti Cottonwood Copper prototype - 35"
TM Lethal

#196 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postdcmidnight, on 28 November 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

I would definitely vote for a scramble team tourney of some kind to keep everything fun.

If you have a group going, great. Otherwise whoever is running the trip could keep a list of singles/pairs (and their approximate indexes) to balance out the foursomes.

I think if this materializes each person going should state if they want to play in a scramble format or as just an individual.  Then you can make your group pairings from that list.  This will be a blast!

#197 Imp

Imp

    Fueled

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
  • Location:SE Mass/RI
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1042

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Going on a trip to take place of a no-rules scramble doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, so I'd be up for individual or something like a 2ball, or ryder cup format (or multi ryder cup over the various courses so everyone has a chance should they want to partake at all).

Watch.. the weekend that's picked I have to travel for work. It's getting near the deadline to put in for time off so my cohort in crime can take my shifts/switch.

--kC
RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

#198 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,299 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2062

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Are we closing in on a date yet?

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


#199 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 2,426 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:5.0

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostImp, on 28 November 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Going on a trip to take place of a no-rules scramble doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, so I'd be up for individual or something like a 2ball, or ryder cup format (or multi ryder cup over the various courses so everyone has a chance should they want to partake at all).

Watch.. the weekend that's picked I have to travel for work. It's getting near the deadline to put in for time off so my cohort in crime can take my shifts/switch.

--kC
I think thats fine for the scratch golfers but the minute you try to run a handicapped multiday event, you are asking for trouble. I say this having played 25-30 handicapped tournament rounds the last two years. You are going to have the one "ten handicap" who magically shoots even par both days and oh hey look I won I promise you guys I have *never* played this well. Trust me, traveling to play in something like that isnt fun either - having done it several times.

The Ryder Cup idea is pretty cool though, I have done that before as well. We used to have a group of 24 guys that would go on a Myrtle trip - 2 teams of 12. First day we played alternate shot, second day was best ball, third day was singles. But again, you'd have to get a hdcp from everyone and balance the teams.
Titleist 915 D3 8.5* Rogue Silver 60 X
Callaway Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX
TM Aeroburner Mini TP - Rogue Black 60
Adams Pro Mini 18* / Pro DHY 24*
TM SLDR 5-PW - Steelfiber 95s
TM XFT 50* - 56* - 60*
Piretti Cottonwood Copper prototype - 35"
TM Lethal

#200 Imp

Imp

    Fueled

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
  • Location:SE Mass/RI
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1042

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

The difference between the 10 cap you know, and the guys going here?

We have a forum to waterbaord them on should they do so. ;)

--kC

RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#201 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 7144

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postdcmidnight, on 28 November 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

View PostImp, on 28 November 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Going on a trip to take place of a no-rules scramble doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, so I'd be up for individual or something like a 2ball, or ryder cup format (or multi ryder cup over the various courses so everyone has a chance should they want to partake at all).

Watch.. the weekend that's picked I have to travel for work. It's getting near the deadline to put in for time off so my cohort in crime can take my shifts/switch.

--kC
I think thats fine for the scratch golfers but the minute you try to run a handicapped multiday event, you are asking for trouble. I say this having played 25-30 handicapped tournament rounds the last two years. You are going to have the one "ten handicap" who magically shoots even par both days and oh hey look I won I promise you guys I have *never* played this well. Trust me, traveling to play in something like that isnt fun either - having done it several times.

The Ryder Cup idea is pretty cool though, I have done that before as well. We used to have a group of 24 guys that would go on a Myrtle trip - 2 teams of 12. First day we played alternate shot, second day was best ball, third day was singles. But again, you'd have to get a hdcp from everyone and balance the teams.
I wouldn't think we'd have any sandbaggers on GolfWRX. I like the Ryder Cup idea too. As a senior though, my only concern is I'd be playing tees appropriate to my distance.
Hey...be nice.

#202 somaplr

somaplr

    Vaya con Dios, Brah

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187412
  • Joined: 06/19/2012
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1204

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostSean2, on 28 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

View Postdcmidnight, on 28 November 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

View PostImp, on 28 November 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Going on a trip to take place of a no-rules scramble doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, so I'd be up for individual or something like a 2ball, or ryder cup format (or multi ryder cup over the various courses so everyone has a chance should they want to partake at all). Watch.. the weekend that's picked I have to travel for work. It's getting near the deadline to put in for time off so my cohort in crime can take my shifts/switch. --kC
I think thats fine for the scratch golfers but the minute you try to run a handicapped multiday event, you are asking for trouble. I say this having played 25-30 handicapped tournament rounds the last two years. You are going to have the one "ten handicap" who magically shoots even par both days and oh hey look I won I promise you guys I have *never* played this well. Trust me, traveling to play in something like that isnt fun either - having done it several times. The Ryder Cup idea is pretty cool though, I have done that before as well. We used to have a group of 24 guys that would go on a Myrtle trip - 2 teams of 12. First day we played alternate shot, second day was best ball, third day was singles. But again, you'd have to get a hdcp from everyone and balance the teams.
I wouldn't think we'd have any sandbaggers on GolfWRX. I like the Ryder Cup idea too. As a senior though, my only concern is I'd be playing tees appropriate to my distance.

Man, you have WAY more faith in humanity than I do.  You don't think a guy would cheat to develop some type of interwebzzzz message bored perceived super stardom?  I sure as heck do.  I think when you draw it up as a "tournament" you'll always have that.

In my humble opinion, players should be given a choice between a scramble type tournament or a singles.

#203 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,792 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 7144

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

^^^^I don't like the idea of a scramble. I was never a fan. As to sandbagging? I would think the members here would have the integrity not to engage in that kind of behavior. :-)

A bit a segue: I was in MB once and played a course called Moorland. At the time I was like a 12 HI. Man, that course ate my lunch (breakfast and dinner too).  Then I saw who designed the course. Oh, that explained it. :-)
Hey...be nice.

#204 somaplr

somaplr

    Vaya con Dios, Brah

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187412
  • Joined: 06/19/2012
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1204

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yea I agree.  If it's an all scramble-type format I won't go

#205 craniac24

craniac24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139567
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Sounds awesome!  Will check back for dates and cost.


#206 jlt73

jlt73

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 725 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182034
  • Joined: 05/20/2012
  • Location:Carmel, Indiana
  • Handicap:20
  • Ebay ID:jlt73
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Anyone still thinking about this?
Cobra Fly Z+
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Taylormade 2014 TP CB/MC Combo
Taylormade 2014 TP 52* and TP ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

#207 stage1350

stage1350

    If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Joined: 05/12/2005
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 29 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1561

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

It's easy to cure sandbagging:

1) No prizes for the "net group."  Only the low gross.

2) No prizes for the golf.  Make it a raffle or giveaway.

Given that this site has everyone from + cappers to 30 cappers, the golf should just be about playing.  Keep score if you want.  But anytime you put handicaps and prizes based on score together, someone will be a Delta Bravo.
Tour Issue SLDR 430 9° w/ Graphite Design P9003 TX
Tour Issue "PT" stamp Callaway X-Hot Pro 3Deep w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue Titleist 585.H 17° w/ Diamana Thump X
Raw Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Prototype 2S14 X
Raw Vokey SM-5 54°M and 60°M w/ Nippon Prototype 2S14 X
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

#208 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,734 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
  • Location:Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

View Poststage1350, on 26 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

It's easy to cure sandbagging:

1) No prizes for the "net group."  Only the low gross.

2) No prizes for the golf.  Make it a raffle or giveaway.

Given that this site has everyone from + cappers to 30 cappers, the golf should just be about playing.  Keep score if you want.  But anytime you put handicaps and prizes based on score together, someone will be a Delta Bravo.
+1   I like the idea of making the prizes a giveaway or raffle.   You are so right about the handicaps, I'm a highercap and always prefer to play scratch golf.  In the event I have that career round, I don't want it ruined by someone's bellyaching, It makes whatever I win if anything, all the more rewarding.
Callaway XR 10.5 PX LZ
Callaway XR 15 degree PX LZ R
Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 set to 20.5
Wilson Staff D200 4-GW DGSL 85
Wilson Staff Infinite SouthSide 35"
Wilson Staff FG Tour 54*
PING Glide 58*

#209 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,312 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

View Poststage1350, on 26 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

It's easy to cure sandbagging:

1) No prizes for the "net group."  Only the low gross.

2) No prizes for the golf.  Make it a raffle or giveaway.

Given that this site has everyone from + cappers to 30 cappers, the golf should just be about playing.  Keep score if you want.  But anytime you put handicaps and prizes based on score together, someone will be a Delta Bravo.

I agree.  Has there been any progression with getting this setup as if yet?

#210 BILLYMALOOLY

BILLYMALOOLY

    Waiting & Wishing

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61639
  • Joined: 07/27/2008
  • Location:po box 261, 502 n main st appt 3, goldfield iowa 50542
  • Handicap:3.1
  • Ebay ID:checker225
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Im in if it is in ,Phoenix

stage2  TP 9.5 STIFF STOCK
ROCKETBALLZ TOUR 3 STIFF STOCK
ROCKETBALLZ TOUR TP 3 HIGH-STIFF STOCK
R11 4-G KBS STIFF
white hot # 7
VR2 PRO 54-58 RAW

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors