Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

My Garmin Approch G5 is DONE!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoEY C

JoEY C

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128099
  • Ebay ID:Joey_c80
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well after only 1 1/2 years my garmin approch G5 is done. Keeps acting up. Wont turn on, when its on it turns off, calibration screen always pops up, ect ect ect. Talk to garmin and they emailed me how to reset the whole Approach and nothing seems to fix my problem. So considering its not in warranty anymore its a $99 fee and they will send me a refurbished one. Has anyone else had this problem at all? Also, is it worth spending $100 on a refurbished one or should i purchase something else new (g3,g5,g6)?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 chas521

chas521

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52886
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I have a G5 and thank goodness, it works just fine.  Personally, I have no luck with refurbished electrical devices.  I hear good things about the G6.  If money is not the object, go with the new upgrade.

#3 TexasBubba

TexasBubba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48331
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Normally refurbished should be fine.  The refurbs normally go through more testing than the new ones because they are trying to figure out what is broken.  Sometimes the units are just lemons, but those should be few and far between.  BTW, this isn't coming from my sphincter... I'm an electrical engineer :)

#4 tyorke1

tyorke1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33236
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

mine is acting up also ,wont give me yardage from fairway

View PostTexasBubba, on 20 September 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Normally refurbished should be fine.  The refurbs normally go through more testing than the new ones because they are trying to figure out what is broken.  Sometimes the units are just lemons, but those should be few and far between.  BTW, this isn't coming from my sphincter... I'm an electrical engineer :)

#5 Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136468
GolfWRX Likes : 533

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

View Posttyorke1, on 24 September 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

mine is acting up also ,wont give me yardage from fairway

Try updating the software and course mapping: www.garmin.com/courseviewupdater

#6 hyolee

hyolee

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3709
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

When I talked to the rep, he told me that most likely that they'll send a new one instead of refurb.  I decided to buy S1 anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors