Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The St. Louis Cardinals are painful to watch. Please cry and moan with me...

95 replies to this topic

#91 HackerVance

HackerVance

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151241
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Your right, not quite done.  They just didn't look very good in the last game.  They've come back before haven't they?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#92 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83757
  • Ebay ID:Pudgelewis
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostHackerVance, on 22 October 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Your right, not quite done.  They just didn't look very good in the last game.  They've come back before haven't they?

That's what I'm telling myself, but I'm not sure if Zito and Vogelsong pitched lights out, or if the Cards bats have just left the building.  Won't matter if they don't get some hits.

#93 sharkiesj

sharkiesj

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6582
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostPudgelewis, on 22 October 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

That's what I'm telling myself, but I'm not sure if Zito and Vogelsong pitched lights out, or if the Cards bats have just left the building.  Won't matter if they don't get some hits.

Question: does it hurt more that they lost this way or would you have preferred they just lost to the Nats?

#94 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83757
  • Ebay ID:Pudgelewis
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

View Postsharkiesj, on 22 October 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostPudgelewis, on 22 October 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Question: does it hurt more that they lost this way or would you have preferred they just lost to the Nats?

I'll take the win in Game 5 of the NLDS any day.  Sucks the way they lost, but that Game 5 was the highlight of the season for me.  Hurts to have a 3-1 lead and not get to the WS, but not much you can do when the bats go silent.  

After all the complaining, I can't complain with how it ended.  Made it miles farther than I thought they would.

Congrats to the Giants.  Coming back the way they have in the two series is pretty impressive.

#95 sharkiesj

sharkiesj

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6582
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I still can't believe the Giants won...

How bout Ryan Theriot being on back-to-back WS winning teams!! Wow!!

#96 19tholer

19tholer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 158379
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Man, these Cards have been fun to watch these last few years. Their starting pitching going into next year looks as good as it could be. But on another note, The Cubs look as hapless as ever. Talk about going in two different directions. Here's a little trivia. A guy could have fought in the Civil War (1861-1865) and still could have seen the last Cubs'  World Series win (1907). Now, that's amazing, and a little sad.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors