Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ogio Chamber vs Bagboy Revolver

38 replies to this topic

Poll: Ogio Chamber vs Bagboy Revolver (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Ogio Chamber (29 votes [67.44%])

Percentage of vote: 67.44%

2. Bagboy Revolver (14 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 chocoboy

chocoboy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60804
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Currently have an Ogio older model (almost 8yrs old). Planning to replace it with something that holds the clubs in place. Tired of putting on and removing iron head covers to protect my forged irons.  I've never had any experience with such golf bags and was wondering which is better. For those who have experienced any of these, please state which you have and how's your experience with them. Push cart most of the time and sometimes ride when I play.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 747

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

View Postchocoboy, on 12 September 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Push cart most of the time and sometimes ride when I play.

Bag Boy Revolver.

Works great on a pushcart.

#3 airguard

airguard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119542
  • Location:Christchurch, New Zealand (APO Military Address for Shipping)
  • Ebay ID:airguard2

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have a Bennington QO-12, This thing is the steamer trunk of golf bags. It holds everything I need, and all the pockets are easy to use (a lot of bags say they have a bunch of pockets, but once you open them there's no room). The bag is taller than normal, and heavy. The clubs sit in groves so they don't bang around (no more head covers). I use it on my Clicgear 3 without any problems. Take a look at it:
http://www.benningto...organizer-12-2/

Edited by airguard, 15 September 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#4 hckymeyer

hckymeyer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127753
  • Ebay ID:hckymeyer
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

I've had the new Revolver LE for about a month and love it so far.  I always ride and since I've gotten the bag i've had no clubs clanking around at all.  The external club holders (half tube with a clip) are much better than the older models.  The tubes are high enough that even if a club came unclipped it still wouldn't fall out of the bag.  It has plenty of storage space for my needs and a couple of felt lined valuables pockets.

Overall it's the best bag I've ever owned.

I do have a few buddies that also have Revolvers (2 with the older Plus model and one with a newer XL model).  The guys with the Plus models really like them, but their external clips are starting to give out and I've watched clubs fall off their bags before.  The guy with the XL hates the way the clubs fit in the bag and he wishes he would have gotten an LE after seeing mine.

#5 stevejason

stevejason

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184134

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

I've had the Revolver LE for about five months and it's a great bag. I only clip in the clubs that get used the least. I walk, so I carry 6-8 16.9 ounce bottles of water. Still enough space for everything else. I use a Quad cart, and the Revolver LE locks in so it never works loose.

#6 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204765
  • Ebay ID:seasterl
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

I use the Revolver LE and really like it but have only two issues with it:  (1) I like the accessibility of my putter in the external putter tube and how it clicks into place, but I have to make sure the putter head is rotated perfectly, otherwise the other iron heads hit it when I rotate the Revolver.  (I use a Ping Anser 3.); (2) although not a big thing, the bag does not fit on the electric carts perfectly without a slight tilt. However, it fits on it a little better than my old carry bag.  I think the reason is due to the really big base on the bag, and maybe there are some carts that accommodate these bags better.  But really, it will still strap in and works just fine. The turret rotates smoothly and works well as designed does the job well with lots of spacious pockets.  I do wish there was a big towel ring on both sides of the bag, though.  I guess that would be a third point.

#7 stevegp

stevegp

ClubWRX Charter Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3278

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Definitely do yourself a favor and take the time to look at the Bennington Quiet Organizer 12, before you make any purchase.

I had the older model for 5-6 years, which I used for more than 500 rounds. Now, I have the current model. I believe it is the best cart bag on the market, at least it is for me.

The Bennington should be one of the bags you consider... IMHO.

It does a superb job for what you want and need.
stevegp

#8 adams603

adams603

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64207
  • Ebay ID:kellymatt3
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

+1 on thebennington, just got one and I love it.

#9 Primexcel

Primexcel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123114

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

+1 on the Ogio Chamber.  I have this bag and it's awesome

#10 dwm9ersfan

dwm9ersfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129719
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I have five rounds in with the revolver LE and love the bag it has all the room I need and holds the clubs in securely. The only complaint I have is the strap tunnel, it gets in the way of the towel holder.

Darrel

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Also, on the Revolver, the towel gets in the way of the right-side putter holder.  So if your towel gets dirty, all that dirt will get inside your putter well and get on your putter handle, so I only use my left-side putter well.

I looked closely at the Bennington again and then decided to get an Ogio Chamber because it keeps all clubs gripped into place and not just twelve of the like the Bennington. The Chamber allows you to orient all clubs to see the numbers easier, too, if that matters. The only down side with the Ogio Chamber is that it doesn't have an external putter well like the Revolver or Kahma bags, but should still work out okay.

#12 acelynn

acelynn

acelynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144599

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have had the revolver bag for two years now and it was great for the first year but now the club holding clips are getting sloppy and won't hold the clubs. I called bag boy about it and they said there is nothing they can do about it.
  I wish there was more info on the Ogio chambers bag but I suppose it hasn't been out long enough.

#13 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

You can get a good deal on EBay on the 2012 Ogio Chamber now that the 2013 model is available. I got mine for about $180 shipped and it arrived today.  My local Sports Authority is still selling this same (2012) bag for $250.  I had some time to check it out closely before I got it and it looks very promising.

I was wondering how long I should expect those built-in clips to secure the clubs on my Revolver. Too bad we can't have a GolfWRX-designed bag!

#14 NostraDEIMOS

NostraDEIMOS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116097
  • Ebay ID:NostraDEIMOS
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

for those with the Ogio Chamber.. how is the the bag with the grips on the clubs?

#15 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 903

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I have a Revolver and like it.  Pockets are not as slick and well sized as the C130 I used to have, but the club holding feature is great.  At first I only used the clip at the top of the bag to hold the clubs, and the clubs would come loose sometimes, but then figured out you need to push the clubs down until the grips clip into place also, down in the bottom of the bag.  Now the clubs stay in place really well.  The putter pocket isn't the best, but overall it's a great bag.

#16 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostNessism, on 30 November 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

I have a Revolver and like it.  Pockets are not as slick and well sized as the C130 I used to have, but the club holding feature is great.  At first I only used the clip at the top of the bag to hold the clubs, and the clubs would come loose sometimes, but then figured out you need to push the clubs down until the grips clip into place also, down in the bottom of the bag.  Now the clubs stay in place really well.  The putter pocket isn't the best, but overall it's a great bag.

I have a recently-purchased Revolver LE and mine doesn't secure the clubs at the bottom, but only at the top. Now my Ogio Chamber does secure at the bottom and had a rubber grommet at the top to align the shaft to the center of the tube and help prevent further chatter.

#17 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postseasterl, on 30 November 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

I have a recently-purchased Revolver LE and mine doesn't secure the clubs at the bottom, but only at the top. Now my Ogio Chamber does secure at the bottom and had a rubber grommet at the top to align the shaft to the center of the tube and help prevent further chatter.

Strange.  Wonder why they changed the feature?  

Just for kicks, maybe try uncliping one club and see what happens if you push the grip down into the bottom of the bag.  Need to press firmly after finding right spot on the bottom.  Don't mean to question you, but it's pretty strange for BagBoy to have removed the feature on an almost identical bag.

#18 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostNessism, on 02 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Just for kicks, maybe try uncliping one club and see what happens if you push the grip down into the bottom of the bag.  Need to press firmly after finding right spot on the bottom.  Don't mean to question you, but it's pretty strange for BagBoy to have removed the feature on an almost identical bag.

Cool!  I just tried it and it DOES work!  I don't even remember this feature being advertised since it is more of an Ogio Chamber feature. Wel then, I just learned something new about my Revolver.  Thanks!  Now if I can just figure out how to remove one of the putter clips without breaking it off.

#19 dwm9ersfan

dwm9ersfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129719

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postseasterl, on 02 December 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

View PostNessism, on 02 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Cool!  I just tried it and it DOES work!  I don't even remember this feature being advertised since it is more of an Ogio Chamber feature. Wel then, I just learned something new about my Revolver.  Thanks!  Now if I can just figure out how to remove one of the putter clips without breaking it off.

I wanted to remove one of the clips also and when I called them they said to place the clip on the edge of a counter and push down on the bag and it should come off. Now I have not tried it yet but thats what the customer service rep said.

#20 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Okay, I just removed one putter clip and left the other one in place. It came off fairly easily following those instructions.  I know that it holds the putter head as far away as possible from the other clubs during rotation, so I'll find out soon enough if ill still have interference.  I know that when clipped into place, I still had to rotate my putter a certain way to prevent it from knocking the other clubs. But then the clip itself was in the way of being able to remove and replace the putter into the designated tube. The first thing that gets scratched is the shaft label of your favorite putter before realizing the clip has to go unless you can be very careful removing and replacing the putter.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

seasterl, on 02 December 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Glad to hear they left that feature in the new model bag.  I was getting pretty annoyed with my Revolver because the clubs wouldn't stay in the notch, but after figuring out the grip holder feature, I like the bag more.

I also removed the putter holder clip.  Bagboy needs to rethink that whole idea since it's a weak part of the design.  A longer hole would secure the club without messing with a clip at all.

Edited by Nessism, 04 December 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#22 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

But then Bag Boy couldn't show any commercials holding the bag upside down!  

Yeah, I liked my bag a little more after learning that it also secures the ends of the grips and that the putter shaft clip is removable. On my Clicgear, though, it really stretches the bungee cord restrainer straps.

#23 Styles_7

Styles_7

Hack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197686

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

NostraDEIMOS, on 10 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

for those with the Ogio Chamber.. how is the the bag with the grips on the clubs?

I just sold my 2012 Ogio Chamber bag on ebay. The idea and engineering behind it are great and they fixed it a little more in 2013 with a strap channel.  The putter hole is too deep. I used a Club Glove putter cover cause my regular cover didnt fit.  The zipper-less ball pouch is weak.  I use Iomic grips which are very soft and it did start to wear them after using it for about 10-15 rounds.  This wear probably wouldnt be that bad on a more firm grip.  I was thinking of going for the Bag Boy but I cant stand their styling.  I ended up getting a Sun Mountain C-130. I'm still hung up on the idea of not having my clubs bang and clang around all the time but I'm not going to do iron covers.  I can only hope other companies will take notice of the engineering and make something like Ogio, Bennington and Bag Boy have.

#24 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Styles_7, on 21 January 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

NostraDEIMOS, on 10 November 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

I can only hope other companies will take notice of the engineering and make something like Ogio, Bennington and Bag Boy have.

Don't forget to check out the Kahma bags.

#25 Winetemplar

Winetemplar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222053

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

Nessism, on 02 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

seasterl, on 30 November 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Nessism, on 30 November 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

Great, thanks for the heads up!

#26 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Been using the Revolver Pro for 2 years now and liking it.  Recently noticed the soft foam rotating top piece, with the shaft notches, started to separate from the rotating carrier.  Left the bag in the back seat of my car for a few days and maybe the heat got to it?  Warranty is only one year but after inquiring about availability of a new top (which they don't offer), the Bagboy customer service representative suggested a possible goodwill warranty solution.  Fingers crossed on that anyway.  Sent in some photos now waiting to hear back.  In the mean time I've glued the top back on and still using the bag.  Clubs don't clip in at the top as nicely as before but most slots still work.  Actually, the top notches don't hold clubs super great but after you lock in the grips at the bottom of the bag, the clubs stay pretty stable even if they come unclipped at the top.

If I crash and burn on the warranty, might pick up a new Revolver LE, or check out that Bennington bag.  Just hate my clubs banging into each other, regardless of the fact that they are Ping's and pretty much indestructible anyway.  Anyone have experience with both these bags, and can compare?

Posted Image

Edited by Nessism, 17 August 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#27 pilot25

pilot25

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 271454

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

For those who have had the Chamber a long time does the bag chew up your grips as others have said?

I use Winn Excel and they are pretty soft.

#28 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,737 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Bagboy is warrantying my bag.  Should have the new one in a week or so.  They seem like a good company worthy of support. :)

Edit: Received a brand new Revolver LE today.  Bag was a year out of warranty but BagBoy took care of me.  LE is a nice improvement over the older Revolver Pro.  Top where the clubs clip in is nicer.  I'm happy!:D

Edited by Nessism, 22 August 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#29 mac94

mac94

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25038
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

pilot25, on 18 August 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

For those who have had the Chamber a long time does the bag chew up your grips as others have said?

I use Winn Excel and they are pretty soft.

The Chamber hasnt bothered my Gripmasters at all, FWIW.

#30 spud3

spud3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119423
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Interesting thread - I have an older Bag Boy (non-revolving, but with the top clip-locks) and I love it.  The locking channels all still work perfectly.  My only beef with the bag is that the umbrella holder is located on a section of the bag where it lays on the umbrella when in my push-cart (Sun Micro).  Minor, but it's something.  I mostly walk, but ride occasionally and the bag works nicely in both circumstances (umbrella thing not an issue when riding).

I've been curious how the newer revolver bags stand up, and whether the Ogio engineering works as well, so I'm interested to hear more on both these bags.

"take that, you miserable
little white swine!"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors