Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone must be making a dent in ProV1 sales...


68 replies to this topic

#61 hwturner17

hwturner17

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450250
  • Joined: 12/31/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 139

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

If you are a WRX’er, you should never have to pay anything remotely close to retail for ProV1’s. There’s someone in the BST forum almost every other day I loaded a couple dozen at a time for $30-$35 a dozen. On top of that, you can catch the previous models on sale for $35 at retail joints sometimes

Edit: to further my point, there’s a guy in BST right now selling 6 dozen ProV1s for $35 a dozen

Edited by hwturner17, 05 January 2018 - 10:06 PM.

Driver: 2017 M1 9.5 / HZRDS Black 6.5
FW: Callaway X-Hot Pro 4 wood /HZRDS Black 6.5
2 & 3 Iron: Callaway X-Tour/ C taper 130x
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 Combo C Taper 130X
Wedges: 50/54/58 Callaway Mack Daddy Forged
Putter:Odyssey V-Line

Ball: Snell-Burger MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6973

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

View Posthwturner17, on 05 January 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

If you are a WRX’er, you should never have to pay anything remotely close to retail for ProV1’s. There’s someone in the BST forum almost every other day I loaded a couple dozen at a time for $30-$35 a dozen. On top of that, you can catch the previous models on sale for $35 at retail joints sometimes

Edit: to further my point, there’s a guy in BST right now selling 6 dozen ProV1s for $35 a dozen

True and a good point but to be fair one can often find B330/B330S for around$22/Dozen.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

2

#63 RodrigoNicely

RodrigoNicely

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487678
  • Joined: 11/28/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 273

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

View PostNorth Butte, on 06 January 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

View Posthwturner17, on 05 January 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

If you are a WRX’er, you should never have to pay anything remotely close to retail for ProV1’s. There’s someone in the BST forum almost every other day I loaded a couple dozen at a time for $30-$35 a dozen. On top of that, you can catch the previous models on sale for $35 at retail joints sometimes

Edit: to further my point, there’s a guy in BST right now selling 6 dozen ProV1s for $35 a dozen

True and a good point but to be fair one can often find B330/B330S for around$22/Dozen.

Find previous year model Bridgestone for 23.00 hard to pass up

3

#64 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Where can I find B330s for $22? Ive seen $30. Would love to stock up.
Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP5
Vokey
Spider

4

#65 PALS-SSA

PALS-SSA

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24670
  • Joined: 01/28/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

B330 > ProV1X


5

#66 caniac6

caniac6

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222453
  • Joined: 01/17/2013
  • Location:Winston-Salem,NC
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2419

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Got some ProV1s for Christmas, and just traded them for some Bridgestone RX Tours.

6

#67 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2080

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

You just have to apply logic.  If a Pro V1 was that much better than a Bridgestone or a Chrome Soft would a pro player sacrifice winning tournaments to be paid to play a subpar ball?  Amateurs are finally realizing the same thing, Pro V's are great balls but so are all the others, it's all about confidence and personal preference.
Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

7

#68 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17516

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 13 January 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

You just have to apply logic.  If a Pro V1 was that much better than a Bridgestone or a Chrome Soft would a pro player sacrifice winning tournaments to be paid to play a subpar ball?  Amateurs are finally realizing the same thing, Pro V's are great balls but so are all the others, it's all about confidence and personal preference.

I agree. I think cost could come into play as well. If B/S and Callaway priced their golf balls the same as the ProV I think most people would pay for the ProV.

I am sure B/S and Callaway have done some cost analysis, extrapolating market share and price point. On another note when the Callaway Supersoft first came out it was $19.95 a dozen. Callaway has since raised the price to $21.99. I wonder what impact that has had on the sale of the ball, if any.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

8

#69 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,017 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2080

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

View PostSean2, on 13 January 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

View Postnew2g0lf, on 13 January 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

You just have to apply logic.  If a Pro V1 was that much better than a Bridgestone or a Chrome Soft would a pro player sacrifice winning tournaments to be paid to play a subpar ball?  Amateurs are finally realizing the same thing, Pro V's are great balls but so are all the others, it's all about confidence and personal preference.

I agree. I think cost could come into play as well. If B/S and Callaway priced their golf balls the same as the ProV I think most people would pay for the ProV.

I am sure B/S and Callaway have done some cost analysis, extrapolating market share and price point. On another note when the Callaway Supersoft first came out it was $19.95 a dozen. Callaway has since raised the price to $21.99. I wonder what impact that has had on the sale of the ball, if any.

You're right, price is definitely a factor.  The perceived best brand gets to charge a premium for their position in the market and those wishing to compete typically try to attract buyers by offering lower prices as incentive.
Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

9



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors