Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best You've Ever Played With

130 replies to this topic

#121 saltrunner

saltrunner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209907
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I was the guy you played with that you didn't know his name
...... thanks for the compliments

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#122 the seanna

the seanna

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26147
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Golf is such a funny game. I use to work in the largest repair and fitting shop in So. Florida. So every year all the mini tour players plus some PGA players would stop in during Florida swing. Well one year a mini tour player came in and we hit it off really well. It actually turned out to be a great relationship. After a few weeks he said lets play..I was like sure knowing it would be great to watch and embarrassing for me and my chopper 15 hcp. game. I knew going in he was a 2 time all American at FSU. Had been playing since he was 3 played ajga with Phil Mickleson and that whole age group. Also knew he had already won 2 of first 3 events on this So. Florida summer mini tour. Well amazing was what it was we played one of the harder courses around and played from the back. I knew with my 235 to 240 yard drives it would be a long long day. He out drove me by 70 to 80 yards everytime hit 3 irons less and missed like 3 greens... Trajectory, Sound,  Spin,  Putting basically ENTIRE game spectacular.  He went on to shoot 64 to my 97...Here's why I say golf is a crazy game. He went on to win 4 events and the mini tour tour championship.  Banked almost 100k . Note also he had done this a bunch of previous times on mini tours around country. What I didn't understand is why isn't he on pga tour. So Q-school comes around and to my utter and complete shock he doesn't make it past first stage and didn't break 75. After talking with his wife she said this happens every time...Total head case...horrible story such a waste of talent. Btw in that summer season on mini tour Heath Slocum, Tag Ridings,  Brett Waldman also played..all who have or are on PGA tour..

#123 xabia

xabia

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103682
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 212

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Today was the first time I have ever played with a + handicap and it really illustrated the total difference between even a low single and a +. This guy is the club champion at my new club and played today with the assistant pro's clubs because he accidentally left his at home and shot even par in 20 mph winds on a 6600 yard slope 135 course. He barely missed a shot and when he did it was an up and down each time. It was awesome for me to see
Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Covert Performance 1.0 Tour spec 6.3S
Dhy 18 TS 8.8 712U 3 iron steelfiber 95S
Scratch 53 RTX TI 58 '14 Golo S5
Mizuno MP 53 4-P Ctaper lite Stiff

#124 Golfguy1980

Golfguy1980

Rookie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202683
  • Ebay ID:ryandesper
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

When shot an 80 on a windy day

#125 jhscott1

jhscott1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65378
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

A buddy of mine shot 62 in back to back rounds on a weekend. He was a great player back a couple years ago. Now he has a family and has to work everyday. Still a good player though.

#126 HoffTTM

HoffTTM

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130322
  • Handicap:9.9
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

top 100 world amateur ranked player, the difference between these guys and your average scratch is just HUGE

#127 tyorke1

tyorke1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33236
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

George Knudson, that was a treat , great guy and had a blast, graham delaet during 2006 or 5 can't remember Can-am, Luckily I was hitting it good and delaet was only 50 past me, His swing will hold up, it is good .

#128 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Played a casual round with a pudgy twelve year old boy about 6 to 8 years ago.  He shot -2 and didn't really hit a bad shot.  I wish I had written down his name so I could watch his progress.  I imagine he is probably pretty good by now.
Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

#129 cough93

cough93

STVM HS 2012, JCU 2016

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32656
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Five years ago in my first ever high school golf tournament, I played with a player by the name of Beau Titsworth, now playing on the Oklahoma golf team (I have played with with him a few times since, as well). Easily the best ball striker I've ever played with. I play college golf so I'm used to playing with good players, I have a few friends that play at Kent St., another good team too. But Titsy was still probably the best...

#130 BallPincher

BallPincher

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125871
  • Ebay ID:moonman12
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postcough93, on 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Five years ago in my first ever high school golf tournament, I played with a player by the name of Beau Titsworth, now playing on the Oklahoma golf team (I have played with with him a few times since, as well). Easily the best ball striker I've ever played with. I play college golf so I'm used to playing with good players, I have a few friends that play at Kent St., another good team too. But Titsy was still probably the best...

Just had a chance to read through the whole thread since I started it 6 months ago... some great stories in here. Really makes me appreciate the open nature of our sport.

Nike VR Ltd 9.5 Diamana Ahina X
Nike VR Str8-Fit 15 Diamana BB X
Callaway X-14 2-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Nike VR Forged 52 & 58 C-Taper S
Nike Method Core MC-01w

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#131 CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth

Recovering club ho

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118323
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

Impressive player and kinda big moment for my golf game happened today.

Paired with a VERY long ball hitter. Talking LD worthy swing speed and a 9 iron into a 180 yard pin. He was out driving me by 10-20 yards a hole ( when he hit the fairway of course) and I'm not a short guy. I'm about 50-50 over the 300 yard mark every drive. His ball flight was super super low. And he was that much longer. At the end of the day, I must've beat him by 10 strokes because I wasn't swinging my hardest and frankly didn't care about how far I hit the ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors