Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Broomstick putters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dlam

dlam

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107490
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Been gaming with a custom made broomstick (from a short ping zing )this year
After trying different ways to hold it i settled with the bottom hand much like what Adam Scott has with just the forefinger and thumb
This seems to work well for all my short fast breaking putts with a bit of cut tendency
I tried to putt with a claw or saw type and felt it was great for longer putts or uphill putts
There seem to be a bit of hook tendency with the claw grip
Any other broomstick users with similar experience ?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 rexroh

rexroh

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53327
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I have used a broomstick for over 15 years now.   I have tried various ways of holding the  putter with my right hand. I am right handed.  The main thing I feel is to have the hand in a position where you are not likely to add to the swing with wrist movement.  This will make your putting inconsistent..  Apart from that any grip works.   It is there to ensure the putter face returns square to the ball.  The pendulum swing should be giving the distance.

Do some searches on the web for long putting and broomstick putters.  There is a lot of info there.

#3 dbleag

dbleag

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Watch Bernhard Langer - he's pretty good with it! :partytime2:

Anyone have any info on how heavy the head-weight of a long putter should be?

#4 rexroh

rexroh

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53327
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Most broomstick putter heads are in the 500 gram range.
Have a look at some of the companent heads for broomstick putters or some of the long putter specs of major putter manufacturers.

#5 Fatz

Fatz

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137493
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

OP used a short Ping Zing.

Is the head not way too light?  I have a Zing 5 that feels too light at 35"

Also, could the cut/hook tendencies come with tow hang?

Correct me if I am wrong but is broomstick not best suited with face balanced?

As for heads, 450-500gr is the range.  I used a White Ice Teron broomstick to build my gamer belly putter.  Heavy head and upright lie worked perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors