Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Scotty Cameron California - Replacement putter weights

Scotty Cameron putters putter weights

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Temple23

Temple23

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106937
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

I've been trying to buy replacement weights for my Cameron California Del Mar putter. Can't seem to find them, they don't appear to be offered even on the Cameron web site... have seen some on Ebay but they are primarily aftermarket weights. Has anyone bought the aftermarket weights, and were they just as good. Would rather have the originals....Thanks!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 ryancjordan

ryancjordan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120934
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

I have some aftermarket weights that I use in my Cameron.  I mean, its a piece of metal that is supposed to weigh a certain amount and fit in my putter.  It does both and looks fine as well.  The only ways it could fail in my mind were if it was too light/heavy or if it fell out of your putter.  Neither of those things happen.  Go with the aftermarket weights.

#3 tweakedmelon

tweakedmelon

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87367
  • Ebay ID:mrboarderman
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

I have a Golo and ordered aftermarket weights off of ebay. I agree with the ryancjordan above though. No need to really go authentic IMO. You have to send the putter into the Custom shop to get authentic weights  I am pretty sure, and they charge you like crazy.

With that said, people have commented that the aftermarket weights sometime are off from their advertise weight. I haven't measured my weights, but it gave me the desired feel so no worries if they are off a couple grams.

Edited by tweakedmelon, 14 August 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#4 chadly643

chadly643

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83337
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

I bought aftermarket weights as well. They are correct weight and work perfectly. The only downside to them was the paint fill was terrible. I wound up changing it so it doesn't matter now but originally it was very poorly done and the paint fell out.

#5 mr_man_b

mr_man_b

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7695
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Give me a couple of days and I might have some..

#6 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 712

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

chadly643, on 14 August 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

I bought aftermarket weights as well. They are correct weight and work perfectly. The only downside to them was the paint fill was terrible. I wound up changing it so it doesn't matter now but originally it was very poorly done and the paint fell out.

Was that the translucent paintfill in the newer style weights?

#7 A C

A C

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136665
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

bought one from ebay US seller for after market.  Everyone is right...it is weight with screw type thread.  If the company who makes the after market has the right equipment, it is not easy.

Also, if you want it heavier, you can probably remove the current weight, as weight should have some space, and be able to add the weight there...and place it back into the putter.

You will need the scale to make sure you are adding the same weight on both sides...when I remove the 10g weight, there was enough space to add 2 dime on each weight (whatever the dime weighs)...something to think about, if you dont' want to buy another weight.

#8 Firefly59

Firefly59

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181194
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

A dime "American" is 2.268 grams.
2 = 4.536 grams

0 user(s) are reading this topic