Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf pants with side slit on the bottom/white golf belts


42 replies to this topic

#1 pearls24

pearls24

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13130
  • Joined: 03/07/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:11 AM

Hey Guys:

Anyone know where to purchase golf pants with the side slits on the bottom that a lot of the PGA guys wear?  They showed a company on The Golf Channel from the Show but I can't remember their name.  Also would love to know where to get some of the sweet white belts seen on Tour.  Are they all JL?

Taylormade 2016 M2 (Tour Issue) with Project X T1100 (65g)
Taylormade 2016 M2 (Tour Issue) fairway wood with Project X T1100 (75g)
Callaway Apex Utility- 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber 125X
Srixon Z945 4-PW with Steelfiber 125X
Vokey SM7 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with TT DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O Works Black #2M CS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 kemau

kemau

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2773
  • Joined: 07/15/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1750

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

View Postpearls24, on Feb 4 2007, 09:11 AM, said:

Hey Guys:

Anyone know where to purchase golf pants with the side slits on the bottom that a lot of the PGA guys wear?  They showed a company on The Golf Channel from the Show but I can't remember their name.  Also would love to know where to get some of the sweet white belts seen on Tour.  Are they all JL?

the name of the company slips my mind as well.....but for the pants you already have, it should be easy enough to take them to a tailor/seamstress and have it done.  i'm looking to do this for a few of mine
9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

2

#3 otto6457

otto6457

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22189
  • Joined: 11/27/2006
  • Location:The Rawls Course, Texas Tech
  • Handicap:0.40
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

J. Lindeberg is the best known for the slits, but they are pricey and a lot of guys don't like the fit.  I have a black pair I got off of flea-bay and they do have a different fit from my Ralph Lauren's.

3

#4 Riuzzi

Riuzzi

    Kwok'd!

  • Marshals
  • 2,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1065
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Handicap:7

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

View Postotto6457, on Feb 4 2007, 05:12 PM, said:

J. Lindeberg is the best known for the slits, but they are pricey and a lot of guys don't like the fit.  I have a black pair I got off of flea-bay and they do have a different fit from my Ralph Lauren's.

The fit depends on which model you buy, they have different fits.

4

#5 TXMB6

TXMB6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5233
  • Joined: 08/16/2005
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:28 PM

Rickey Golf can make them for you.


5

#6 scotty01292

scotty01292

    Advanced

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23261
  • Joined: 12/29/2006
  • Location:Ayr, SW Scotland
  • Ebay ID:Golfinscotty0_0
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:53 PM

Stromberg make them with the slits as well, but as with them and Lindeberg, they are European fit.

I've got an off-white/cream coloured Ping belt. I got it off eBay for £20 (about $35-$40)

6

#7 pearls24

pearls24

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13130
  • Joined: 03/07/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the replies!  Those Rickey pants are pretty expensive for golf pants!  I hate spending money on expensive golf pants because the front of the pockets get terrible stains from the golf ball when it is in your pocket.  It doesn't matter how well I clean the ball or tee, I always have these stains on the outside of my right pocket every time I play.  It is so annoying.  I love the side slits and might try taking some of my current pants to a seamstress.  Thx!
Taylormade 2016 M2 (Tour Issue) with Project X T1100 (65g)
Taylormade 2016 M2 (Tour Issue) fairway wood with Project X T1100 (75g)
Callaway Apex Utility- 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber 125X
Srixon Z945 4-PW with Steelfiber 125X
Vokey SM7 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with TT DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O Works Black #2M CS

7

#8 DaveyH

DaveyH

    Major Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21108
  • Joined: 10/29/2006
  • Location:Crawley, West Sussex
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:44 PM

Check out www.subseventy.co.uk that site is amazing for golf clothing.I have a few pairs of the pants and a t shirt theyre great.

8

#9 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1397

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

I purchased Tiger's Nike line of pants (sweet) then had the taylor add the slits on the legs and they turned out perfect. These slits are nothing new and most taylors have done them in the past.
Irons: Titleist 918cb's
Drivers: Ping G400
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's  
Putter: Toulon Indianapolis
Balls: 2017 B330s

9

#10 Viking Golfer

Viking Golfer

    Viking Golfer hitting IRON!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1375
  • Joined: 06/04/2005
  • Location:The land of the Vikings
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

View PostBig Ben, on Feb 4 2007, 10:52 PM, said:

I purchased Tiger's Nike line of pants (sweet) then had the taylor add the slits on the legs and they turned out perfect. These slits are nothing new and most taylors have done them in the past.

Where can you buy Tiger's Nike pants line ?
Preferably a shop that ships abroad to Europe  ;)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Viking Golfer

Viking Golfer

    Viking Golfer hitting IRON!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1375
  • Joined: 06/04/2005
  • Location:The land of the Vikings
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:51 PM

The golf pants Graeme MCDOWELL, Clarke and Poulter (in the old days) wear are called William Hunt. They are not cheap - $250-$300 a pair.

Check this website out:
http://www.funkygolfgear.com/

William Hunt:
http://www.funkygolf...cturer.asp?id=2

11

#12 cap217

cap217

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23934
  • Joined: 01/12/2007
  • Location:Cleveland, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

I am in the process of designing and starting a golf clothing company in the US because all the US golfers want European clothes but cant get them...

Many many many many companies make these pants.  Be prepared for them to fit tight, get slimmer at the bottom, and smash your balls.  Thats whay european pants do.  But yes I agree, they lok nice and are flashy and are great colors and style.  But the fit SUCKS and they are at least $250 USD plus the international shipping of at leats $30 USD and you will not know how they fit unless you wear them, and the import taxes and duties!

So 1 paif will cost about $350-$500 when done.  For the right pair.  But there are seriously about 20+ companies who make these.  JL to PlayBall to Pringle to P to a lot of newer ones.  

I still think European style and a mix of American fit and European fit will work.

12

#13 pearls24

pearls24

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13130
  • Joined: 03/07/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

go to www.niketown.com.  Click on Golf.
Taylormade 2016 M2 (Tour Issue) with Project X T1100 (65g)
Taylormade 2016 M2 (Tour Issue) fairway wood with Project X T1100 (75g)
Callaway Apex Utility- 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber 125X
Srixon Z945 4-PW with Steelfiber 125X
Vokey SM7 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with TT DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O Works Black #2M CS

13

#14 mth1081

mth1081

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14115
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:54 AM

I had two pairs done by my tailor and he only charged me $13.00 for each pair to cut the clits in them. I love how they fit over my shoes. I also had him add some piping down the side of one pair for $20.00.

I'll post some photos tonight if I get a chance or tomorrow.

14

#15 mth1081

mth1081

    Tour Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14115
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

I guess it's been a long night since I said I was going to post these images. I had this pair done recently and they turned out nice. They have a 1 inch v hem applied to them.

They sit nice on my golf shoes.


15

#16 boon44

boon44

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20788
  • Joined: 10/20/2006
  • Location:FLA
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

Those look great!  Cheers!

;)  :)

16

#17 Joeyw3704

Joeyw3704

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64000
  • Joined: 08/23/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

"hanks for the replies! Those Rickey pants are pretty expensive for golf pants! I hate spending money on expensive golf pants because the front of the pockets get terrible stains from the golf ball when it is in your pocket. It doesn't matter how well I clean the ball or tee, I always have these stains on the outside of my right pocket every time I play. It is so annoying. I love the side slits and might try taking some of my current pants to a seamstress. Thx! "


This is from putting the golf ball in you right pockets and getting in and out of the cart . the ball rubs agianst the black stering wheel and stains you pants put ball n you left pocket wont happen anymore.
:beach:

17

#18

  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #:
  • Joined: 01/01/1970
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

slazenger also makes the pants with the slit on the side.  i got a couple pair at Dicks for about $40 each.

18

#19 JasonZ

JasonZ

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100961
  • Joined: 12/28/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

View PostViking Golfer, on 04 February 2007 - 05:51 PM, said:

The golf pants Graeme MCDOWELL, Clarke and Poulter (in the old days) wear are called William Hunt. They are not cheap - $250-$300 a pair.

Check this website out:
http://www.funkygolfgear.com/

William Hunt:
http://www.funkygolf...cturer.asp?id=2

Actually, McDowell wears Louis Copeland and Sons Custom Trousers, only available in their retail stores. They are a house brand!

The PGA pant of choice is Elevee.

Elevee is only available by contacting one of their reps.

19

#20 mtsmith

mtsmith

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59671
  • Joined: 07/05/2008
  • Location:Northwest Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

View PostJoeyw3704, on 23 August 2010 - 07:56 AM, said:

"hanks for the replies! Those Rickey pants are pretty expensive for golf pants! I hate spending money on expensive golf pants because the front of the pockets get terrible stains from the golf ball when it is in your pocket. It doesn't matter how well I clean the ball or tee, I always have these stains on the outside of my right pocket every time I play. It is so annoying. I love the side slits and might try taking some of my current pants to a seamstress. Thx! "


This is from putting the golf ball in you right pockets and getting in and out of the cart . the ball rubs agianst the black stering wheel and stains you pants put ball n you left pocket wont happen anymore.
:beach:

+1000,  Excellent Point, and you beat me to it (took us 3 years tho, haha)

If you put the ball in your left pocket you will not hit the steering wheel and therefore not leave a black ball mark on the outside of your pant pocket.  
It took me forever to figure this out.  
Give it a shot.

PS: I am for lettin a tailor put the slit in the bottom of the pants. It is WAY cheaper than having to go buy a new pair.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 tallgolfnut

tallgolfnut

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102761
  • Joined: 01/31/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostHuskyHacker, on 23 August 2010 - 09:08 AM, said:

slazenger also makes the pants with the slit on the side.  i got a couple pair at Dicks for about $40 each.

Dick's has no idea that there are men out there that need a 36" inseam.

21

#22 johndeere10

johndeere10

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11144
  • Joined: 02/03/2006
  • Location:Metter, Georgia
  • Ebay ID:andy351_1999
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

I saw several pairs of Nike Golf pants @ Dick's Saturday with slits in them.  I think they were around $60-80.

22

#23 #1Ballin

#1Ballin

    Living the Dream

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109820
  • Joined: 06/22/2010
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

Make sure the cuff is not so wide, or the slits will be lame looking....

23

#24 surefire

surefire

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69700
  • Joined: 11/23/2008
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

View Postcap217, on 04 February 2007 - 06:36 PM, said:

Many many many many companies make these pants.  Be prepared for them to fit tight, get slimmer at the bottom, and smash your balls.  Thats whay european pants do.  But yes I agree, they lok nice and are flashy and are great colors and style.  But the fit SUCKS and they are at least $250 USD plus the international shipping of at leats $30 USD and you will not know how they fit unless you wear them, and the import taxes and duties!


Part of why they look nice (on the right person) is because of how they fit.
The same way a nicely cut Italian suit looks better than a big baggy suit you often see in the US.

A tight fit won't look good, but I think so many people get used to wearing baggy clothes and sportswear that they now are used to loose and find a good fit feels tight.

I have a few pairs of William Hunt trousers, but they were a better deal than the price listed on the site above. I got them direct from Savile Row though, so that probably helps. I'm just about to get involved with an order of stuff from Sub Seventy too, as this looks like it has a similar cut and fit.

Edited by surefire, 23 August 2010 - 02:35 PM.


24

#25 J-J

J-J

    Tour Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1010
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

We do slits, offer a variety of colours and styles and GolfWRX members get a discount !!!


25

#26 tallgolfnut

tallgolfnut

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102761
  • Joined: 01/31/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

View Postjohndeere10, on 23 August 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

I saw several pairs of Nike Golf pants @ Dick's Saturday with slits in them.  I think they were around $60-80.
Old post, but I just want to add that I picked up a pair of these Nike golf pants yesterday at DSG.  I'm normally a 36" inseam but they only make these in 34" inseam.  Tried the 34" on and was surprised but they ARE actually long enough.  They also have the slit.  At $75 a pair I had to think twice but my thought was..... I may not play like a pro but I can look like one.

26

#27 Slappy9

Slappy9

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121101
  • Joined: 01/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

View Postsurefire, on 23 August 2010 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Postcap217, on 04 February 2007 - 06:36 PM, said:

Many many many many companies make these pants.  Be prepared for them to fit tight, get slimmer at the bottom, and smash your balls.  Thats whay european pants do.  But yes I agree, they lok nice and are flashy and are great colors and style.  But the fit SUCKS and they are at least $250 USD plus the international shipping of at leats $30 USD and you will not know how they fit unless you wear them, and the import taxes and duties!


Part of why they look nice (on the right person) is because of how they fit.
The same way a nicely cut Italian suit looks better than a big baggy suit you often see in the US.

A tight fit won't look good, but I think so many people get used to wearing baggy clothes and sportswear that they now are used to loose and find a good fit feels tight.

I have a few pairs of William Hunt trousers, but they were a better deal than the price listed on the site above. I got them direct from Savile Row though, so that probably helps. I'm just about to get involved with an order of stuff from Sub Seventy too, as this looks like it has a similar cut and fit.

You mean you often see in EVERY COUNTRY on people who don't know what a taylor is!!

27

#28 fore_life

fore_life

    Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:Gilbert,AZ
  • Handicap:40
GolfWRX Likes : 2222

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

I'd like to add that at first, I either bought pants with slits or took them to a tailor to have a v-hem added, but after paying someone to do it, I started to just do it at home by hand stitching them. Super easy to do on most dress pants, khaki with overlapping internal cuffs get a bit more difficult, but the dress pants take me no more than 10 minutes at the most.
Adams Fast 12 Ls Ust 90x elements
TEE cb 16.5 Kuro Kage 80x proto
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Odyssey 7ch

Various other putters currently in the closet,
thinking about what they’ve done wrong,
and how they’ve hurt me so.

28

#29 shootermcgavin2

shootermcgavin2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134202
  • Joined: 07/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

i've got a pair of nike pants that came like that.

29

#30 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
  • Joined: 10/11/2008
  • Location:MICHIGAN
  • Ebay ID:theboomer009
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

View Postpearls24, on 04 February 2007 - 04:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies!  Those Rickey pants are pretty expensive for golf pants!  I hate spending money on expensive golf pants because the front of the pockets get terrible stains from the golf ball when it is in your pocket.  It doesn't matter how well I clean the ball or tee, I always have these stains on the outside of my right pocket every time I play.  It is so annoying.  I love the side slits and might try taking some of my current pants to a seamstress.  Thx!


Actually the stains are not from the golf ball when you put it in your pocket, its from the steering wheel when you jump out of the golf cart ;)  


MB

Edited by TheBoomer , 22 November 2011 - 03:14 PM.

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors