Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Which Odyssey Putter has the highest MOI????

Odyssey MOI

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VanitySurfStar

VanitySurfStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116733
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hey everyone,
So I emailed Odyssey because I was curious about comparing MOI within their putter selection, and I received an email back stating:

"Unfortunately, Odyssey is not able to disclose the Moment of Inertia values of our putters.  We apologize that we are not able to accommodate your request."

So anyways, I did a little searching around and I found this link http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000351671 with the golf digest hot list talking about the Sabertooth and the Teron having the highest MOI at 5750.  As of right now I am using the 2-ball F7 putter and the link said the MOI of my putter is 4800.  I was just wondering if anyone knows anything or has any suggestions on a more forgiving Odyssey mallet putter.  Or would a higher MOI than 4800 really even make a difference in putting???  I was thinking about the Teron, #7,  or any of the Backstrykes but any suggestions or your experiences would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 knudson81

knudson81

#CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,806 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

From just reading the title the first putter that popped into my head was the Teron. That putter just swung itself it seemed! I didn't really notice a difference between the XG #7 (fang) and the Teron. The Teron was prob a little more forgiving, but I don't think you will notice a huge difference.
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#3 Onyx Z

Onyx Z

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129053
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

i added some lead tape to the bottom of my 34" SC NP2 and it made a world of difference!

#4 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 589

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

What type of shots are you hitting with a putter that demands a high MOI?

#5 VanitySurfStar

VanitySurfStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116733
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Thank you guys for your knowledge, I really appreciate it.  Yeah the Teron has alway intrigued me, was it easier to align than a 2 ball putter or the F7 putter?  I could also see adding lead tape to the perimeter of a putter, that actually seems like a really good idea especially with a square shape putter like the 2 ball F7.
I'm actually a fairly decent putter averaging about 30-33 putts for 18.  I can  understand why people can question MOI and forgiveness in a putter, but putting is about 43% of your game and MOI is the reason the USGA cracked down on drivers, capping it at 5900.  I'm just curious if someone can notice a difference between a putter that has an MOI of 5750 compared to one that has an MOI of 4800 or lower.  I understand that the putter's dimension, size, and weight play a factor as well.  Just wondering if more MOI will equal more putts in the hole

#6 chatfieldgolf08

chatfieldgolf08

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61849
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

More MOI will not equal more putts in the hole.  The same way RBZ 17 extra yards will not mean lower scores or more fairways.  You still need to read the putt correctly and combine that with the correct speed.

#7 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Higher MOI is not just about off center strikes. High MOI also reduces the rotation of the putter during the motion of the stroke. For people who need rotation high MOI may be bad. SBST stroke are impossible. Every stroke has some arc wether the toe or even the heel leads the stroke motion -- going back then through impact. High MOI helps prevent that rotation of the putter head. If you need the rotation then higher MOI may hurt you.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors