Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

uPro yes, MacSync no - anyone else have issues?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 geoangus

geoangus

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132165
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'm approaching the time to toss this unit stage of frustration.  I've owned this uPro for 3 years and haven't had a single instance of easy breezy syncing to the uPro site.  This last time, everytime I get to the site, my  connection is being dumped (service unavailable) even though the web page thinks it's syncing.  The only way I've been able to "smoothly" get updates, is reformatting the unit and starting over.  But that's not an acceptable solution.

Callaway's support has been great, and they help me ultimately get updated, but come on man, this shouldn't be so difficult.  I even tried my daughter's macbook, but no luck.  As a last ditch effort, I pulled out an older PC notebook.  Freakin' thing worked on the first try.  Callaway, get your act together.

How are some of the skyCaddie units and updating via Mac?  It might be time for a change.

Edited by geoangus, 11 August 2012 - 08:38 PM.

913D3 9.5*
910F 15*
910H 19* / 913H 24*
712 AP2 5-PW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 ramsey_steve

ramsey_steve

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3567
  • Ebay ID:Ramsey_Steve
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

No idea about Sky Caddies syncing with Macs, but I can tell you that the Callaway uPro MX syncs perfectly with my iMac every time. I too gave up trying to sync my original uPro with my Mac, but fortunately at that time had a pc notebook through work that did the trick.

#3 Wayneo

Wayneo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56638
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

For SkyCaddie's there are two pieces of software. Caddie Sync, desktop based. Caddie Sync Express, web based.

The SG5 unit takes forever, close to 25 minutes to sync 10 measly courses, but it works fine, with either software.
The SGX unit, works fine with Express (never used the regular), but it's really dumbed down. You can't even tell how many courses you've ticked on the site to be loaded on the unit which holds 50.

I've never had a problem with their syncing software, but some users have complained that the Express software won't recognize when the device is plugged in.

#4 TM_HOYER

TM_HOYER

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90581
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

I really like the uPro MX+ web interface to sync. Works fine on my Mac. For my Skycaddie, Caddiesync Express is head and shoulders better than the Caddiesync Desktop software. Using the web page interface to select and manage the courses on you Skycaddie is better and easier to work with. Also Caddiesync Express works every time on my Mac and is faster than the Desktop software. I would get an occasional sync connection error with the Desktop software. But what I really like is the wireless sync with the SGXw. I can load the advanced courses that I need quickly and the sync is fast because it does not resync the courses. You only need to connect to a computer when you want to delete a course from your SGXw.

#5 geoangus

geoangus

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132165
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostTM_HOYER, on 13 August 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

I really like the uPro MX+ web interface to sync. Works fine on my Mac.

sounds like the uPro MX+ to Mac interface was more thought out than the original uPro

913D3 9.5*
910F 15*
910H 19* / 913H 24*
712 AP2 5-PW
Scotty Cameron California Fastback
Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*

#6 ramsey_steve

ramsey_steve

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3567
  • Ebay ID:Ramsey_Steve
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Postgeoangus, on 17 August 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostTM_HOYER, on 13 August 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

I really like the uPro MX+ web interface to sync. Works fine on my Mac.

sounds like the uPro MX+ to Mac interface was more thought out than the original uPro

The difference is night and day. Original UPro had to be configured from the get-go to either sync with a PC or Mac. Switching platforms required something approaching a firmware update. The uProMX however actually works with both platforms. When you plug in the USB cord you're presented with 3 on screen options: Sync PC, Sync Mac or Charge Battery. It's that simple, no software needed to 'find' the device (although there is a background uPro app that appears in your Mac's title bar to deal with mounting and unmounting the device).

#7 WishICouldPlayMoreOften

WishICouldPlayMoreOften

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59361
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Cally's also having issues with their uProFinder.exe and website connection.  It's a problem with PC/Win7 too.  I never had a problem updating my original uPro until Cally relaunched their website.  Seems that's caused a complete block on the connection.  The rep tried to use the time to get me to upgrade, but I'm not interested.  The unit still works.  It's the website and software bugs that are the problems.  I've given Cally a break to resolve issues, but every time they do something new it seems to cause issues with many existing users.  That's not acceptable.

Of course while talking to a rep, they tried to sell me on a new unit.  I declined because I'm not interested in the touchscreen format on such a small screen.

I think I'll be trying to connect with their new leadership team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors