Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How to ship to Canada ~$10.... sort of

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Falang_Golfer

Falang_Golfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50791
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

A little while back I sold some items on here and the 'bay.  I usually prefer USPS priority and was frequenting the one near work.  I came to know the prices pretty well for shipping single clubs around the country.  Somebody asked if I would ship to Calgary or so and I looked it up... $28.  Hmm, pretty steep since I thought I just shipped about the same club to Canada a few weeks back.

Anyway, I went in to the post office and the lady told me ...  $28.  Not shocked, but I politely commented that I had only spent around $10 before.  Wondered what happened.  So, she explains that just by weight it would be $9.50 but the long length ( >12 inches) added a surcharge thus $28.  Then, she shocks me by explaining that her coworker is not too bright and would most likely forget to add the surcharge.  Then tells me to get back in line and she'll pretend she never saw me.  Err..ok.  So there you go, cheap shipping to Canada.

In other news, the USPS lost 5.2 billion last quarter.

Ping G25 9.5 - Diamana D+
Ping G20 3h - Tour TFC
Ping Rapture J 3-PW w/ Rombax 115i
Ping G25 SW - CFS X
Ping G25 LW - CFS X
Odyssey Black Series #9

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 friggingruven

friggingruven

Goldmember

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147641
  • Ebay ID:friggingruven
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

lol, I hope that 5.2 billion is not sitting in your pocket right now.
910 D3 9.5
910F 15
910H 17
tm tp mb 4 - PW S400
52 mp-t4, 54 vokey, 60 vokey
odyssey black series #9

#3 Pudgelewis

Pudgelewis

<><

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83757
  • Ebay ID:Pudgelewis
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Great employees there. :beruo:

Hope it never gets returned for insufficient postage.  I wouldn't have done it for fear of that, among other reasons.  Don't think I'd walk in there counting on that happening around the country.

Edited by Pudgelewis, 11 August 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#4 Falang_Golfer

Falang_Golfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50791
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostPudgelewis, on 11 August 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Great employees there. :beruo:

Hope it never gets returned for insufficient postage.  I wouldn't have done it for fear of that, among other reasons.  Don't think I'd walk in there counting on that happening around the country.

Actually, I did have that fear and it was for a WRXer so I did not want to have a post started about me... :)  So I left and went to Fedex.  Holy cow, they wanted a right and left arm to ship.  No way.  So on my way home I stopped at a different Post Office and figured I would just bite the bullet.  $10.  What the heck.  I just passed along the "deal" to the buyer.  I'm not going to force them to take more money....
Ping G25 9.5 - Diamana D+
Ping G20 3h - Tour TFC
Ping Rapture J 3-PW w/ Rombax 115i
Ping G25 SW - CFS X
Ping G25 LW - CFS X
Odyssey Black Series #9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors